The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

Knights in the Nightmare and Advance Wars Days of Ruin (I hated Dark Conflict [the UK version], the script was just nowhere near as good and the different names annoyed me :colonhash:) are two DS games which I don't think anyone I know has played - I'd say Advance Wars Dual Strike as well but that got more publicity with the release of the original DS.

Also, from least well known to most well known: Glory of Heracles, Luminous Arc, Meteos, Valkyrie Profile DS, Disgaea DS, WarioWare (all kinds), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/DS, Fire Emblem 7/8/9/10/11.

Oh how I love my obscure Japanese RPGs :moon:
James Pond.

I can't remember if it was on the NES or the Megadrive, but it was brilliant all the same.
So was Altered Beast for that matter.

I also had a soft spot for Totally Angelica on the Gameboy. Rugrats <3
commander...I think no one will play.
One of the first games I ever played was Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk, but nobody seems to remember it. Had so much fun playing it with my dad and brother.
Original post by salad_fingers
Net Yaroze? Wow, you mean there were actually good games made for it? I remember getting some games on a demo disc, one was 'it's a dogs life' or something and it was so bad

Yeah there were some great games! Bouncer 2 was my favourite.. also The Hanted Maze, Blitter Boy, Between the Eyes, Pushy 2... there were loads. They were so simple but so addictive. Never heard of A Dog's Life though, are you sure you aren't thinking of A Bug's Life, which was a demo on the same disc that all the Net Yaroze games came on? It wasn't a Net Yaroze game, but yes I agree it was rubbish.

Official Playstation Magazine demo 42 if I remember correctly... :colondollar:
Original post by LinzyLoo
Yeah there were some great games! Bouncer 2 was my favourite.. also The Hanted Maze, Blitter Boy, Between the Eyes, Pushy 2... there were loads. They were so simple but so addictive. Never heard of A Dog's Life though, are you sure you aren't thinking of A Bug's Life, which was a demo on the same disc that all the Net Yaroze games came on? It wasn't a Net Yaroze game, but yes I agree it was rubbish.

Official Playstation Magazine demo 42 if I remember correctly... :colondollar:

It was a dogs tale actually, video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncKnRu5YAM

The terrible music brings back memories
Devil's Dice or something on PS1. It was possibly one of the best games i've played but noone else played it so I had noone else to relate with :tongue:
Sheep, Dog 'N Wolf.
Best game ever. Can't understand why computers aren't compatible with these old games anymore :frown:
Original post by R.J. Omega
Knights in the Nightmare and Advance Wars Days of Ruin (I hated Dark Conflict [the UK version], the script was just nowhere near as good and the different names annoyed me :colonhash:) are two DS games which I don't think anyone I know has played - I'd say Advance Wars Dual Strike as well but that got more publicity with the release of the original DS.

Also, from least well known to most well known: Glory of Heracles, Luminous Arc, Meteos, Valkyrie Profile DS, Disgaea DS, WarioWare (all kinds), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/DS, Fire Emblem 7/8/9/10/11.

Oh how I love my obscure Japanese RPGs :moon:

Im playing gba fire emblem at the moment. Got it free through the 3ds ambassador thing. Really enjoying it now ive got into it. I got warioware too. Really fun but a bit short..

Loved the first advance wars which i had on gba.
Original post by Starfruit
Sheep, Dog 'N Wolf.
Best game ever. Can't understand why computers aren't compatible with these old games anymore :frown:

OMG Yes! I remember that, it was soo good just creeping about with sheep.
Reply 370
Digimon World 1 for the PS1! The amount of hours I'd spend on that game was unreal! That and Alley Cat for DOS, but that's going wayyyy back :smile:
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. I love that game. <3
Original post by salad_fingers
It was a dogs tale actually, video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncKnRu5YAM

The terrible music brings back memories

Jesus, that music is terrible. I have it stuck in my head now :mad:
Original post by LinzyLoo
Jesus, that music is terrible. I have it stuck in my head now :mad:

Imagine being locked in a room for the rest of your life with that music. What could be worse
Reply 374
Dick Tarcey on the megadrive and Battletoads on the snes
Reply 375
Who played Earthworm Jim? :biggrin:
Original post by Halite
Digimon World 1 for the PS1! The amount of hours I'd spend on that game was unreal! That and Alley Cat for DOS, but that's going wayyyy back :smile:

Yay! Digimon World :smile: Which was your favourite? I spent ages trying to get Greymon...never did though. Loved my Numemon! :wink:

Original post by becca_c

I did! :biggrin: Launching cows from seesaws was funny :tongue:
Original post by becca_c

Never managed to complete it though :frown:
Reply 378
Original post by Schemilix
Abe's Exoddus, I know few people who've played it. One actually, excluding my mother whom I played it with.

Otherwise I'm a pretty mainstream gamer. Within final fantasy I like the two overlooked ones though, sigh. So little fan media.

Abe's Exoddus :eek: I can't believe I played that.. soo freaky
Original post by Rant
Tenchu was great.

Here's one not many people here will have played: Dark Age of Camelot. That remains, IMO, one of the best games ever made.

Also, Siphon Filter on the first Playstation.

Hah Siphon Filter ! I played through that a few months ago with my brother (mostly it was me though). The helicopter fight halfway through the game is so hard!

Quick Reply

Latest