The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by Carl Sagan
Edinburgh's way more fun than Durham.

Really? I like Edinburgh more than St Andrews but I don't know if I would like Durham. Probably won't get an offer do that's my problem solved :P

Can you tell me a bit more about edinburgh?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Got a conditional offer three days ago for English Language and Linguistics! I'm an international applicant from Singapore by the way
Oh do any of you know if foreign/commonwealth students can take student loans from UK banks? The banks here in Singapore will only let me take loans to study in the local universities :/ Anyway, I'm hoping for a Singapore Ministry of Education teaching scholarship if I go to Edinburgh. Being in debt for GBP50K for tuition plus another GBP40K+ for living expenses would be very painful! And teaching should be fun (i hope!) :biggrin:
Reply 623
How long did it take you guys to get acknowledgements? :smile:
Original post by comefortanddespair
Oh do any of you know if foreign/commonwealth students can take student loans from UK banks? The banks here in Singapore will only let me take loans to study in the local universities :/

You will need credit history in the UK.
So, the answer is no.
Reply 625
Original post by Lewis :D

Anyone? :redface:
Reply 626
Anyone? :redface:

about 3 days for me
Reply 627
Original post by Nat400
about 3 days for me

Thank you. Did they email you the MyEd stuff?
Reply 628
Original post by Kongaloosh

Original post by Kongaloosh
Course: Artificial intelligence & Computer Science
Conditions: 80% Average including Math and at least 50% in English on my British Columbian Diploma
Reaction: That was quick

Im from Victoria!!! Im admitted in International relations :smile:
where are you from?
Reply 629

The day after I sent my application off they emailed me with the login details to the MyEd/EUCLID portal doodah.
Reply 630
Any maths and physics applicants with offers?
Reply 631
Any IR applicants with offers?? :biggrin:
got an unconditional offer for French and English last week, anyone else for Eng Lit or Modern Languages out there??! Got my offer on the same day as my Oxford rejection, so I'm feeling pretty grateful to Edinburgh for managing to cheer me up...! :smile:
Reply 633
Original post by georgie-malcolm
got an unconditional offer for French and English last week, anyone else for Eng Lit or Modern Languages out there??! Got my offer on the same day as my Oxford rejection, so I'm feeling pretty grateful to Edinburgh for managing to cheer me up...! :smile:

French and Spanish here! How come you got an unconditional?
Reply 634
Aaaaaaanyone (from the UK) got UCs for business subjects yet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone got a conditional offer for Economics yet ? :smile:
anyone here thinking of applying for the MSc in First Millennium Studies at Edinburgh?
Original post by history_geek
anyone here thinking of applying for the MSc in First Millennium Studies at Edinburgh?

It's a top notch course - I know several people who have done it/are doing it, and no one has had a bad word to say about it. It's obviously a taught course, so if you're interested in research this might not be your cup of tea. Programme director is great, and reasonably hands on.
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
It's a top notch course - I know several people who have done it/are doing it, and no one has had a bad word to say about it. It's obviously a taught course, so if you're interested in research this might not be your cup of tea. Programme director is great, and reasonably hands on.

Oh good! thanks :smile: The description of the degree on the website sounds great, although I'll be waiting until I hear back from the programme director about my interests before I submit anything. Would love to hear directly from somebody on the course.
Reply 639
Hey everyone! I got my unconditional offer in October, a day after I applied. :smile: I'm going to study International Development (MSc). Anyone else got an offer for Politics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending