The Student Room Group

TSR Transformation Contest

Scroll to see replies

catjaum too desperate to be controversial to bother reading the thread

smh
List updated :smile:
Original post by Herr Stamper
Great, which company if you don't mind me asking?

Maxiraw, maximuscle's sister company - they are very generous

Original post by alex_tait
What kind of photos will need to be taken? :P

Front and back im guessing.

I think we need to keep it quite simple because its a student forum and lots of beginners will be involved. I think a front and back will be fine, in underwear / swimwear. Obviously more pictures will be better, as it'll show more comparisons.

Original post by Idle
Yeah it would help if we knew what the requirements were when it came to photos and also what, if any stats we need to provide :smile:

As above, and stats are welcome too. Strength gained isn't going to be worth anything, but if you record weight lost/gained, or arm measurement (for example) - it'll add to the finished picture strengthening your transformation

Original post by Mini-Me
I'm in, wanna lose a bit of weight and get fitter generally. Let's see how it goes.
Will there be an option to pull out if I fail miserably, so I don't have to put after photos on?

Sure, just don't post finish pictures :smile:

Original post by mikestraws
I'm in.
Will be recomping, going from flabby to fit.

Will there be a fresh clean thread for the comp, allowing people in it to post pics, stats etc without it being full of spam from others?

I have made quite a few suggestions to the admins just waiting for a reply. One of which is a separate sub forum within fitness - where there will be a main 'discussion thread' and competitors can post transformation specific blogs which will run for the 12 week duration :smile:
Original post by commandant

I think a front and back will be fine, in underwear / swimwear. Obviously more pictures will be better, as it'll show more comparisons.

I have made quite a few suggestions to the admins just waiting for a reply. One of which is a separate sub forum within fitness - where there will be a main 'discussion thread' and competitors can post transformation specific blogs which will run for the 12 week duration :smile:

Surely a front/side would be the best 2 to show overall body composition?
Not that i've ever done a comp like this but if you have a bit of a beer belly but after losing a stone of fat in the 12 weeks have it visibly reduced then that would be missed in front/back pics but clear in a side pic.

I was thinking 2 main threads, Transformation contest-Males and transformation contest-Females to post updates occasionally could be a good. Half of the guys already have fitness logs they regularly update so could maybe link to them and add in a few words.
Not sure if there would be enough traffic for it's own subforum as a lot of users may not want to blog everyday as a lot of the girls are from the big group thread and don't have their own blogs. They'll probably just chat in the main discussion thread...
I'd say you need at a minimum and front + side pic, other as MHorman says, a lot of change in terms of 'belly loss' etc. won't be visible.
Also, for people who don't get daily newspapers, this website in the background:
http://whatisthedatetoday.com/ ? Just 'cause it shows the date in fairly large font so it'll be easy to see in pics :smile:
Sign me up bro.
I would just lose interest after a week or two as I always do but I will be following.

Good luck everyone :h:
I am a hairy Sasquatch.. especially around chest area FML. This is gay...
Reply 88
Original post by Arturo Bandini
catjaum too desperate to be controversial to bother reading the thread

smh

i guess thats why you dont want to enter, proof pics..... snm
Original post by catjaum
i guess thats why you dont want to enter, proof pics..... snm

oh christ am I getting called out by a troll on TSR? fassy
Whens this going to be on? Kinda interested
**** it, i'm in.

I feel like i've been slacking massively since the end of summer and christmas indulgence. So will blog regularly, work hard from the new year and see where I go.
If anyone's interested, here's my previous transformation attempt but i've let myself go a bit from the last pic, which i'd like to get back to and surpass in the new year, so up for a bit of hard work.

Official prizes would be wicked, let's try and sort something out (although I won't be much use until Jan' when i'm properly back).
G'wan then. :tongue:
Reply 93
Wasn't gonna sign up, then remembered I actually have a camera on this laptop, so for the first time in years, can take photos!
Hopefully will make me actually do some exercise, sign me up!
Reply 94
Im in - muscle gain + definition
Maxiraw, maximuscle's sister company - they are very generous

I think we need to keep it quite simple because its a student forum and lots of beginners will be involved. I think a front and back will be fine, in underwear / swimwear. Obviously more pictures will be better, as it'll show more comparisons.

As above, and stats are welcome too. Strength gained isn't going to be worth anything, but if you record weight lost/gained, or arm measurement (for example) - it'll add to the finished picture strengthening your transformation

Sure, just don't post finish pictures :smile:

If the event start/end dates have been finalized could you add that info into the OP ?
Original post by MHorman
Surely a front/side would be the best 2 to show overall body composition?
Not that i've ever done a comp like this but if you have a bit of a beer belly but after losing a stone of fat in the 12 weeks have it visibly reduced then that would be missed in front/back pics but clear in a side pic.

I was thinking 2 main threads, Transformation contest-Males and transformation contest-Females to post updates occasionally could be a good. Half of the guys already have fitness logs they regularly update so could maybe link to them and add in a few words.
Not sure if there would be enough traffic for it's own subforum as a lot of users may not want to blog everyday as a lot of the girls are from the big group thread and don't have their own blogs. They'll probably just chat in the main discussion thread...

For fat loss, yes, it will show major changes. On the flip side if someone is gaining muscle it won't show as much as a front / back / compulsory bodybuilding pose.

Perhaps we could go with -

Fat loss: Front / Back / Side.
Muscle Gain: Front / Back / choice of compulsory pose/s

Or just go front/back/side and any other pictures.

Original post by Sockpirate
I'd say you need at a minimum and front + side pic, other as MHorman says, a lot of change in terms of 'belly loss' etc. won't be visible.
Also, for people who don't get daily newspapers, this website in the background:
http://whatisthedatetoday.com/ ? Just 'cause it shows the date in fairly large font so it'll be easy to see in pics :smile:

That's a good website :smile: I'll be using it and holding a laptop in one of the pictures

Original post by ibysaiyan
If the event start/end dates have been finalized could you add that info into the OP ?

Nothing is finalized yet, but as soon as it is it'll be on this thread - or I'll probably create a new one :smile:

I'd imagine the start date will be around a week after the 1st of Jan as things will be needed to sorted

Original post by CJ
**** it, i'm in.

I feel like i've been slacking massively since the end of summer and christmas indulgence. So will blog regularly, work hard from the new year and see where I go.
If anyone's interested, here's my previous transformation attempt but i've let myself go a bit from the last pic, which i'd like to get back to and surpass in the new year, so up for a bit of hard work.

Official prizes would be wicked, let's try and sort something out (although I won't be much use until Jan' when i'm properly back).

Great :smile: Impressive changes in those pictures!

I'd imagine the start date will be around a week after the 1st of Jan as things will be needed to sorted

Surely not everything needs to be sorted before this starts? Just before it finishes? :p: As people are doing this for themselves anyway, so things like prizes etc. don't necessarily need to be confirmed before people start? Just seems to make sense to start on the 1st, what with it being 'new year, new you' time :smile: maybe have a 1 week entry period in the 1st week of Jan or something?
But anyway, if the start date's after the 5th, can I apply for special dispensation to post my start pics before I go away so I don't forget and miss the entry dates? (Going on holiday with no internet access until the 11th, then going straight to uni, so going to be stressful few days!)
Reply 98
Whens the window for the 'before'pic? I want to take it soon as I will be hitting the gym hard again as of tomorrow and don't want all dem muscle memory gainz in before pic.
I'm in. Would I be allowed to take my before pic tomorrow or Thursday?
Hoping to loose weight and also going to start doing some weights when the new gym round here opens in the 5th.

Quick Reply

Latest