The Student Room Group

TSR Transformation Contest

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I'm in!
Original post by Sockpirate
Surely not everything needs to be sorted before this starts? Just before it finishes? :p: As people are doing this for themselves anyway, so things like prizes etc. don't necessarily need to be confirmed before people start? Just seems to make sense to start on the 1st, what with it being 'new year, new you' time :smile: maybe have a 1 week entry period in the 1st week of Jan or something?
But anyway, if the start date's after the 5th, can I apply for special dispensation to post my start pics before I go away so I don't forget and miss the entry dates? (Going on holiday with no internet access until the 11th, then going straight to uni, so going to be stressful few days!)

Original post by CB5
Whens the window for the 'before'pic? I want to take it soon as I will be hitting the gym hard again as of tomorrow and don't want all dem muscle memory gainz in before pic.

The trouble is with starting the 1st is a lot of people won't be ready - people tend to get up to all sorts of things on new years weekend so it makes sense to do it a week or so after.

What we could do is - have a week window from say the 2nd till the 8th to post up pictures, then a week window to post finishing pictures at the end too?

Original post by Happy_Holidays
I'm in. Would I be allowed to take my before pic tomorrow or Thursday?
Hoping to loose weight and also going to start doing some weights when the new gym round here opens in the 5th.

It'll be a bit too soon tomorrow or thursday, and if you were allowed to do that - 'technically' you would have a weeks advantage on everyone else.

If your new gym opens on the 5th, couldn;t you post around then?
I can do it later it's just easier to do it before I start back at uni next week.
I've updated the main thread -

What do you guys think is best - Male / Female categories or Fat loss / muscle gain ?
Original post by commandant

What do you guys think is best - Male / Female categories or Fat loss / muscle gain ?

I think all of them. So 4 categories.
wont be taking part but good luck to those that do
I think all of them. So 4 categories.

It would be good to have all, but I think we may have to sacrifice prizes.

If two categories, we may be able to stretch to having 1st 2nd and 3rd. If there's 4 we will probably only manage a prize for the winner.

Depends what you would all prefer :smile:
I'm in :smile:

I personally just vote male/female, because a transformation is a transformation, regardless of the type, and also because they can be pretty inter-related - at what do you say 'this is a fat loss transformation' or 'this is a muscle gain transformation'? Surely it's just easier to judge on who has transformed the most from their starting point, without imposing extra criteria?
It would be good to have all, but I think we may have to sacrifice prizes.

If two categories, we may be able to stretch to having 1st 2nd and 3rd. If there's 4 we will probably only manage a prize for the winner.

Depends what you would all prefer :smile:

But you could have different prizes. Like protein for muscle gain and amazon vouchers (or similar) for fat loss.
But you could have different prizes. Like protein for muscle gain and amazon vouchers (or similar) for fat loss.

Yeah true :smile: guess that'd be a good reason for separate categories.
I think separate categories are good, otherwise it's hard to judge which transformation required more time and effort.
Reply 112
Underwear pics are a rather terrifying prospect for me (who having eaten so much over xmas I actually feel like a hippo...)
Im a vote for just male/female categories, as long as you state your goal thats what the judges can judge you on.
Add me in :yy:

In the middle of losing weight anyway so might as well record progress properly :yep:
Since there is no prize...(there is no prize right? ^^) I think it should just be male / female catagory, then when the comp ends those who are still taking part upload the after pics, and all the other users vote on who has "transformed" the most. Just who looks the most different. Bigger, smaller, more shredded etc.

Keeps it simple that way.

Autobots!? Transform and ROLL OUT!
Original post by mikestraws
Since there is no prize...(there is no prize right? ^^) I think it should just be male / female catagory, then when the comp ends those who are still taking part upload the after pics, and all the other users vote on who has "transformed" the most. Just who looks the most different. Bigger, smaller, more shredded etc.

Keeps it simple that way.

Autobots!? Transform and ROLL OUT!

Hopefully we will be getting a prize.

It's not a competition if there isn;t a prize
Hopefully we will be getting a prize.

It's not a competition if there isn;t a prize

You are correct...I suppose the prize could be high society status within the Fitness forums.:cool:
3 days till the competition begins, I think because there is a prize I am so determined to win! (What are all the prizes BTW?)
Can we postpone this until my clen arrives? :colonhash:

Not srs.

Quick Reply

Latest