The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by artery08
lol They'd be intercepted, and Iran would be sent back to the Babylonians.

Intercepted by whom?

Do you even know where Babylon is?
Reply 21
Original post by Isamin
The US is at war with Iran, though just undeclared. You've already heard of the Israeli-US made virus that damaged the Iranian nuclear program, but theres also been rumours of 'random' explosions within the country. The US is at war with Iran, just not in the conventional sense.

Elabourate please.
Reply 22
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Intercepted by whom?

Do you even know where Babylon is?

US

It will be Tehran if they don't be careful. They'll be crushed by the US and then the Saudis will finish them off with their brand new state of the art weaponry shipped from the US.
Original post by artery08
US

It will be Tehran if they don't be careful. They'll be crushed by the US and then the Saudis will finish them off with their brand new state of the art weaponry shipped from the US.

How would the US intercept them?

And you're kidding me right? Saudis buy weaponry to kiss American ass, they can't actually use that stuff. What else are they going to do, charge across the Persian Gulf? Good luck getting camels to swim.

EDIT: Try Persepolis, not Babylon, lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
If the US decide to go to war with Iran, then that will be the end of the US as you know it, ladies and gents.
Original post by HP15
China would not like a very big armarda of ships near it along with a huge army on soil next to its vital supply lines.

They will see this as a front to their interests and Russia will no doubt beef itself up.

The Iranians would LOVE to steer a conflict with the USA into something where someone their own size would confront them. Imagine that, China vs USA in the ME?

That is a powder keg for WW3.

That would not be WW3. 1) it's only 2 countries, 2) the US would stomp on whatever paltry forces china sent to the ME. China just doesn't have the projecting power.
Reply 27
I'm reminded of the great Friedrich Offenheimer: "One cannot make waves in the desert without first finding the right ship."
Reply 28
Original post by bestofyou
Hardly damned if they don't?

Why is it ok for USA to have weapons but not Iran?

The US can be trusted with nuclear weapons. Iran cannot.
Original post by Miryo
If the US decide to go to war with Iran, then that will be the end of the US as you know it, ladies and gents.

It all depends on how the war is fought. If it is a politically correct war where we obsess over civilian casualties, then yes, it probably will be a cluster**** that will cause us a lot of short and long term problems. If, however, we fight to win, then we could turn Iran into a parking lot in a few hours with very few US casualties.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by blueray
It would be WW3.
Hello? Are you pro war people stupid? They have nuclear weapons! We would all suffer from it.

You know tbh were already on WW5 coming up next if you think about it. Seven years war = WW1, WW1=WW2, WW2=WW3, and Cold War= WW4.
Reply 31
Original post by Made in the USA
It all depends on how the war is fought. If it is a politically correct war where we obsess over civilian casualties, then yes, it probably will be a cluster**** that will cause us a lot of short and long term problems. If, however, we fight to win, then we could turn Iran into a parking lot in a few hours with very few US casualties.

I don't know, I think it'll be a cluster**** either way. Iran don't seem to be short of allies and I'm not sure the US would risk a nuclear strike against them. The longer they wait, the harder it's going to get for them. They won't attack.
Reply 32
Original post by DYKWIA
The US can be trusted with nuclear weapons. Iran cannot.

Trust is subjective. The US is saying Iran cannot be trusted, In my opinion, the US can't be trusted.

us to go to war with pakistan? China told em to **** off! :biggrin:

us to go to war with iran? Ahmadinejad told em to **** off! :biggrin:

It ain't gonna happen! If and when it does, you all can come back and quote me! Until then, **** off! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by MonkeyMan2009
us to go to war with pakistan? China told em to **** off! :biggrin:

us to go to war with iran? Ahmadinejad told em to **** off! :biggrin:

It ain't gonna happen! If and when it does, you all can come back and quote me! Until then, **** off! :biggrin:

Looooooool
Original post by Super Cicero
A war against Iran would not result in WW3. Simple reason why is that Iran has a pretty big card to play against the West if it came to confrontation, and that is closing the Strait of Hormuz into the Persian Gulf. This would be an irresistable option to the Iranian leadership if it felt too greatly threatened, as through the Strait passes 40% of the world's oil, and by closing it, Iran could tip the West into economic turmoil. However, 50% of China's oil also passes through the Strait, and so by doing this Iran would definetly alienate China and possibly Russia too. So, in the event of war, no great powers would back up Iran and there would not be WW3.

China and russia are on Iran's side though, so Iran would never do something like that as most of their protection and veto's wil be out the window...the Iranians are far too intelligent, maybe not the main government but the people are... being half iranian but lived in england my whole life i've had some insight on visiting, never have i seen people work so brilliantly in my whole life. if they so wished they would be able to hack any U.S site they wished
Original post by Miryo

it will be the end of the world as we know it. ww3 baby!
Original post by Aj12
damned if they do damned if they dont. A nuclear Iran is unacceptable as is the civilian and monetary cost of an invasion.

What idiots negged you for this? Do the neggers really enjoy the prospect of a nuclear armed theocracy? :facepalm: :rolleyes:

EDIT: You support Iran having nukes negger? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by pshewitt1
China and russia are on Iran's side though, so Iran would never do something like that as most of their protection and veto's wil be out the window...the Iranians are far too intelligent, maybe not the main government but the people are... being half iranian but lived in england my whole life i've had some insight on visiting, never have i seen people work so brilliantly in my whole life. if they so wished they would be able to hack any U.S site they wished

a lot of "americano-persians" (i.e. those "modern" western americans) love all things american, but when it comes down, to it, iranians and their government will unite if it comes to israel or america attacking iran.

A lot of people try and dimiss ahmadinejad as a raving nutjob (which I can partially understand from his view on the holocaust), but he is an intelligent man who is quite sensible (when it comes to global issues and the whole geo-politics game)

He makes the americans interviewing look like morons! (which they are of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IJpMfGgszY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im_bRb8CKDk
Reply 39
Original post by I Persia I
What idiots negged you for this? Do the neggers really enjoy the prospect of a nuclear armed theocracy? :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Plenty of people on TSR support the Iranian regime, I have had a number of people tell me they respect Ahmadinejad because he stands up to the West.

Latest

Trending

Trending