The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Besides Uther dying and therefore making Arthur king, this series was almost pointless. We haven't learned anything since the end of the previous series. Too many fillers and too little about the overall arc. I am still pretty disappointed in the finale. Not a good season imo. The narrative and direction was pretty muddled by the end.
(edited 12 years ago)
I wonder why Morgana is so afraid of "Emrys" when she pretty much gave him a good thumping. On that note, this is another thing that's annoying, at times Merlin is portrayed as having superior control over his magic abilities and then at times his own magic is dulled.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorfEffect

^ lol

Original post by S_123
I bet the baby dragon is going to become evil and fight the Great Dragon :frown: I want Lancelot's name to be cleared as well. I was hoping Morgana would say something when she say Gwen like 'so the bracelet worked, eh?' or just anything to make sure Arthur realised that they hadn't betrayed him on purpose. But...can't wait for the next series!!!! :biggrin:

I assumed they'd set it right as they always do in Merlin but it's a good thing they didn't. It's nice to have a change, once in awhile. :tongue: Though I think that bracelet might make a comeback, the camera stayed on it for awhile.

Original post by silent ninja
Besides Uther dying and therefore making Arthur king, this series was almost pointless. We haven't learned anything since the end of the previous series. Too many fillers and too little about the overall arc. I am still pretty disappointed in the finale. Not a good season imo. The narrative and direction was pretty muddled by the end.

Yeah, Uther dying would've probably created more of a finale as opposed to the one we got.
Original post by S_123
I bet the baby dragon is going to become evil and fight the Great Dragon :frown: I want Lancelot's name to be cleared as well. I was hoping Morgana would say something when she say Gwen like 'so the bracelet worked, eh?' or just anything to make sure Arthur realised that they hadn't betrayed him on purpose. But...can't wait for the next series!!!! :biggrin:

me thinks too
Original post by S_123

Original post by Person1001
me thinks too

I posted this the other day:

Merlin Wiki
In the legends, Merlin saw the red dragon kill the white dragon after a long and gory duel. The red dragon is the symbol of Camelot and the white dragon is the symbol of the Saxons.

I think Morgana will "take it to the dark side".
Original post by worker13
I posted this the other day:

I think Morgana will "take it to the dark side".

Oh noes! It was a cute dragon too
I really liked the episode! The end of the episode felt a little anticlimactic and rushed though. The last scene of series 3 was amazing, and I felt a little underwhelmed when the last episode of series 4 ended. Anyway, I can't believe it's over! The long and horrible wait now begins.

Speaking of Aithusa.. I rather wanted it to be Mordred, even though I knew it most likely wasn't going to happen. Morgana plotting new evil plans with an evil baby dragon on her side(and how will she control it anyway?). It's pretty much series 4. Except Agravaine has been replaced with a dragon, of course. I want more than that. I hope they'll go somewhere with Gwen's character. All she does is worship Arthur. But now that they're married. Who knows. Merlin needs some more interesting female characters that aren't evil or love interests.

And please let Lancelot's and Gwen's names be cleared!
(edited 12 years ago)
I'd laugh if the creators of this were getting future ideas from here :tongue:
I think im in love with Arthur... Ahhh
anyone know when Merlins starting up again?
Dont know if i can survive that long!! :tongue:
i could have swore the season 4 trailer had merlin in a prison cell and arthur all i dont know what to do... because he had discovered merlins magic which was still outlawed
Original post by kopite493
i could have swore the season 4 trailer had merlin in a prison cell and arthur all i dont know what to do... because he had discovered merlins magic which was still outlawed

That was just clever editing of the trailer :tongue:
Original post by Coolkat
I think im in love with Arthur... Ahhh
anyone know when Merlins starting up again?
Dont know if i can survive that long!! :tongue:

I think it will air the same time as it will air the same time as it did this year, it better not be delayed by doctor who's schedule change :mad: But filming starts soon :biggrin:
Original post by elitepower
I think it will air the same time as it will air the same time as it did this year, it better not be delayed by doctor who's schedule change :mad: But filming starts soon :biggrin:

Omg it better not be delayed :mad: If we don't have it by October I won't be happy!

It almost got delayed this year because of Dr Who, didn't it!?
Doctor Who is very good and all but I'd much rather have Merlin :biggrin:
Reply 1232
AAaaaaaaaah I had never any intentions to watch Merlin (mainly due to historical inaccuracy :wink:), but my friend persuaded me to watch it and ooooooohmyyyyyyy I AM ADDICTED! I now have way too many seasons to catch up with considering I am taking my A levels... ahah!
omg.. October??? NOO! Thats far too long to wait!!!!
Reply 1234
Original post by iyley

Original post by iyley
AAaaaaaaaah I had never any intentions to watch Merlin (mainly due to historical inaccuracy :wink:), but my friend persuaded me to watch it and ooooooohmyyyyyyy I AM ADDICTED! I now have way too many seasons to catch up with considering I am taking my A levels... ahah!

Since when has mythology ever had historical accuracy? :mmm:
Original post by Ashfully
Omg it better not be delayed :mad: If we don't have it by October I won't be happy!

It almost got delayed this year because of Dr Who, didn't it!?
Doctor Who is very good and all but I'd much rather have Merlin :biggrin:

Yeah the BBC didn't want to air them simutenouly so they pushed it bach because of the "break". Personally, I feel Merlin overtook Doctor Who quality wise with series three and has been beating it hands down ever since.
Reply 1236
:biggrin:
Original post by Aula
Since when has mythology ever had historical accuracy? :mmm:

hahah yeah! :biggrin: But eyeliner did it for me!? :wink:
I'll throw a different theory out there.

The White Dragon is just very nice and brings anyone dying back to life. It won't be an ally to Morgana. You heard it here first.
Reply 1238
Original post by iyley

Original post by iyley
:biggrin:

hahah yeah! :biggrin: But eyeliner did it for me!? :wink:

Not impossible. Trade links with Egypt? :wink:
Original post by SirMasterKey
I'll throw a different theory out there.

The White Dragon is just very nice and brings anyone dying back to life. It won't be an ally to Morgana. You heard it here first.

Interesting idea. It hasn't met Morgana before so may not of known who she was or maybe brought her back for a reason. It would be terrible if Morgana was killed by a random extra. I like it.

Latest

Trending

Trending