The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

any chance Riise will be a pain in the ass?
Wow at the starting lineup... nobody rested from midfield or attack, I have an ominous feeling of injuries to come today. Either that, or a 2nd string team vs Leeds in the FA cup will do badly because none of them have any match sharpness nor chemistry.

Players who have the ability and work hard, but just aren't on form, like Rosicky and Benayoun (maybe Park/Chamakh), or rising youngsters like Ox and Miquel need match practice and gradual integration along with 1st team regulars. Definitely NOT the occasional monthly thrust into the pressure of a cup tie against lower league opposition who will give 110% and harass because the financial rewards of a cup run is so much more than the no-TV-broadcast lower leagues.

I say that this is one of many reasons why we we're trophyless for so long and why we have so many injuries.

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this...
Thierry's coming home!
Not a relevant question because he's still far away but when Wilshere comes back who drops to the bench?
There's a match thread for the Fulham-Arsenal game.
Not sure if this has been posted, apparently its him telling Polish people on a TV show what he says to annoy opponents and put off penalty takers.

i think we should all donate Β£10 for squid to leave.
Blame Walcott and Gervinho for this loss.
WTF was that :angry:

We got completely dominated in the second half :angry:
Original post by antonfigo
Blame Walcott and Gervinho for this loss.

And Djourou :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
****ing gutted, lost it in the first half really, should have taken more chances
Original post by queenjaneapproximately
Wow at the starting lineup... nobody rested from midfield or attack, I have an ominous feeling of injuries to come today. Either that, or a 2nd string team vs Leeds in the FA cup will do badly because none of them have any match sharpness nor chemistry.

Turns out even worse - we lost! Tired legs = no points.

Surely Arsene in the post-match press conference - "we lacked a little sharpness".
But who's fault was it to stick with a team that only had the energy to play at 100% level for one half?

I'm not a regular Wenger-basher but sometimes what he does is just perplexing. Now we have to make sure this is only a one-off, and that our 2nd string doesn't do the same against Leeds.
Original post by Ultimate1
WTF was that :angry:

We got completely dominated in the second half :angry:

That was a case of being too tired in the second half to play the upfield pressing and fast passing game we normally play. How long has it been since we've been at our best? The last game where we won more than one goal was Dec 3rd against Wigan.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1093
We need a new left winger and a new right winger. This is getting ridiculous. Gervinho and Walcott have had their chances. Bring in Podolski now ffs!
From being potentially in 3rd place after that match to going potentially 6th :colonhash:
I know it isn't going to happen, but Wenger better buy a some decent ****ing players this month.
Original post by queenjaneapproximately
That was a case of being too tired in the second half to play the upfield pressing and fast passing game we normally play.

I know. :cry2:

Hence why we took unneccesary risks by playing our first 11 that we have been playing ever since September :facepalm:

Benayoun and Rosicky should have started the game in place of Gervinho and Walcott, who both had great chances to score/set up goals.
well the second half was a shambles...everyone just looked soooooo tired but we really should have finished them off in the first half
Reply 1098
Well, I have to say I'm very impressed by Fulham: for almost all of the second half, they were easily the better team, and against our energy and closing down played some of the best football I've seen a team play against us in recent times.

Of course, the denouement was far more nervy than it should have been: we should really have finished the game off in the first half. Our finishing is the obvious problem, but I really don't know how it might be resolved. We did drop the creativity as the game progressed, despite still creating chances: I thought Walcott had a particularly poor game, while Gervinho had a pretty good one despite his shortcomings in front of goal. RvP was good in the first half, and close to invisible in the second. Another point of worry for me was how easily we were being nudged off the ball: physicality ahead of the back-four is still an aspect where we are woefully inadequate.
(edited 12 years ago)
I still think that Coquelin had a decent game. Djourou was having a decent game too up until the sending off. Overall, the defence did good to soak up the pressure of Fulham, but I have to say, overall, we didn't deserve to win this.

We should have got 2/3 goals in the first half, had one great penalty shout and another decent penalty shout as well, both in the first half.

Latest