The Student Room Group

The 2012 US Primaries thread

Please post all discussion relating to the Primaries and Caucuses currently being held in preparation for the 2012 United States Presidential Election in this thread.

Previous threads relating to the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary have been merged into this thread. Happy debating!

QFA

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

There's not just one crazy British student watching Iowa with his heart in his mouth.

http://iowacaucus.com/results/

Santorum leading is a joke.
Ahhh crap just me.

Go RP.
Reply 3
Paul is at 25% currently!
Reply 4
What time will it finish?
Original post by Rgman27
What time will it finish?

Well it's updating pretty fast so I'm guessing within 30mins-hour.

This is tense.

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5.
What is IOWA? I joke I joke. I don't know much detail but i heard santorum, the evangilical christian has made a recent climb in the polls. It is surprising.
Reply 7
Original post by Agenda Suicide
Well it's updating pretty fast so I'm guessing within 30mins-hour.

This is tense.

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5.

Cool. Hopefully Paul. Maybe Romney. Definitely not Santorum.

Newt is dead in the water but then he expected that.
Original post by localfox1000
What is IOWA? I joke I joke. I don't know much detail but i heard santorum, the evangilical christian has made a recent climb in the polls. It is surprising.

:excited:

hahaha:P

I know it's a shame they're actually having effect but I suppose they were splitting the Romney vote so meh!
Original post by Rgman27
Cool. Hopefully Paul. Maybe Romney. Definitely not Santorum.

Newt is dead in the water but then he expected that.

Agreed completely.

Romney is bareable but meh Santorum is jsut crazy.

America can do without another god driven mad man.
Reply 10
Original post by localfox1000

Iowa is the first state to vote in the polls on who is the Republican candidate to represent them against Obama. It is important because the media tend to think those that do well in it are serious candidates in the future elections in the other states and will pay more attention to them and ignore the others.

Iowa is an evangelical state. So, I don't think it is a surprise he has done so well. That is why he has ramped up the Christian rhetoric so much with statements about not letting raped women have abortion and etc.
HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST PAUL IS DOING WELL?!

this is incredible. i don't agree with paul, but i certainly hate him the least! all the other ones are inconsistent nut-jobs.
Original post by confusedexcited

this is incredible. i don't agree with paul, but i certainly hate him the least! all the other ones are inconsistent nut-jobs.

If he can help end America's war he can do more than any other politician can for me personally.

I think that speaks for others too, I'm not really a republican thinker, far from it but god damn it's like the lesser of two evils and this guy is the break America needs.
Reply 13
Never, ever expected Ron Paul to do well. Just assumed it was all internet hype like last time.

Agreed completely.

Romney is bareable but meh Santorum is jsut crazy.

America can do without another god driven mad man.

Pretty much agree with this. Though I also quite like Jon Huntsman even though from the results, it seems that I am pretty much the only one in the world with that view.
Reply 14

Well, it shouldn't be a surprise. He has done consistently well in polls for at least a month unlike in the previous election cycle.

Though, perhaps, that is the effect of the media ignoring him.
If he can help end America's war he can do more than any other politician can for me personally.

I think that speaks for others too, I'm not really a republican thinker, far from it but god damn it's like the lesser of two evils and this guy is the break America needs.

i agree entirely. Kinda weird me liking Ron Paul the most considering the fact i'm a member of the communist party, but quite frankly he's the only one who i don't suspect harbours a mental illness. I think he'd give America the break from international affairs that they need, and I really support his views on reducing federal control.
i agree entirely. Kinda weird me liking Ron Paul the most considering the fact i'm a member of the communist party, but quite frankly he's the only one who i don't suspect harbours a mental illness. I think he'd give America the break from international affairs that they need, and I really support his views on reducing federal control.

Yeah I'm fairly left too (not that far though :P) and I completely agree.

It's crazy his effect isn't it?
Original post by Rgman27
Well, it shouldn't be a surprise. He has done consistently well in polls for at least a month unlike in the previous election cycle.

Though, perhaps, that is the effect of the media ignoring him.

yeah, but the great thing about the republican nomination is that periodically everyone gets to lead in the polls! even cain led in the polls!
Original post by shyopstv
Never, ever expected Ron Paul to do well. Just assumed it was all internet hype like last time.

Pretty much agree with this. Though I also quite like Jon Huntsman even though from the results, it seems that I am pretty much the only one in the world with that view.

This made me laugh. The guy was in a tough race but yeah I kinda see where you are comin g from.
Yeah I'm fairly left too (not that far though :P) and I completely agree.

It's crazy his effect isn't it?

I'm not sure whether it's his affect, or whether it's just the fact that the alternatives are entirely ridiculous. also, i think communist and libertarians believe in the same thing, remove government, they just disagree about what will happen after :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending