The Student Room Group

HI I'm new :)

Hi all :smile:

I'm due to start at the Zenos I.T Academy next week, but I've just received this e-mail.....

I am writing in connection to your recent application for a place on the Zenos programme, due to start on January 9th and for which you have been provisionally accepted.

As you are undoubtedly aware from all of the coverage in the national press, Government Policy on Apprenticeships is under constant review. Due to recent and immediate changes in the way Apprenticeship programmes are delivered, we anticipate a delay to your start date. This will enable us to clarify with the relevant government agencies what provision is supported.

We will be in touch by January 20th to give you clarity and provide information on the next steps. In the meantime we would recommend that you continue with whatever path you are currently on.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, then please contact our Head Office on 0845 055 6404 during business hours.

Anyone else had the same thing?, whats it all about? :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by diment1
Hi all :smile:

I'm due to start at the Zenos I.T Academy next week, but I've just received this e-mail.....

I am writing in connection to your recent application for a place on the Zenos programme, due to start on January 9th and for which you have been provisionally accepted.

As you are undoubtedly aware from all of the coverage in the national press, Government Policy on Apprenticeships is under constant review. Due to recent and immediate changes in the way Apprenticeship programmes are delivered, we anticipate a delay to your start date. This will enable us to clarify with the relevant government agencies what provision is supported.

We will be in touch by January 20th to give you clarity and provide information on the next steps. In the meantime we would recommend that you continue with whatever path you are currently on.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, then please contact our Head Office on 0845 055 6404 during business hours.

Anyone else had the same thing?, whats it all about? :s-smilie:

Hi, I have literally just recieved the same e-mail!

Have you managed to find out any information about it?

I am going to ring them tomorrow and find out
Reply 2
Frequently Asked Questions - Zenos delay of 9th January start date.
1. What is going on?
As you are probably aware from the press, Government funding and Apprenticeships are under constant review. Within the past 24 hours The Funding Agencies have told us that anyone starting an Apprenticeship now needs an employer and a specific job identified, prior to starting on the programme. This is out of our control and we can understand that this may cause you uncertainty, which we can only apologise for.
We are working very hard on your behalf to ensure that you have a successful career in the IT sector and at present we anticipate that although the start of the training may differ slightly that overall you are on the programme for the same amount of time.

2. What does it mean for me?
This means that we cannot start you on the anticipated Apprenticeship Programme format on the 9th January as planned. However we are aiming to start you on a revised entry programme designed around your needs, hopefully before the end of January. During your time on this programme our team of Recruitment Professionals, will be working on your behalf to secure the employment, as per the requirements of the government. You will then be able to use the employment programme to progress onto the Advanced IT Apprenticeship, at the earliest opportunity, having completed some of the programme already.

3. What happens next?
We will be working over the next few days to ensure that each person is assessed properly and is offered the exact programme that ensures success. We will be in contact with you over the next few days in order to ask you some questions that will allow us to identify the most appropriate programme for you.

4. How long will the programme last?
We anticipate that the total length of the programme will not be affected, in fact it may be that in some instances you are can complete the programme more efficiently.

5. Will I be employed on this programme?
The programmes that we have created are designed to prepare you for employment as an Apprentice, however until a specific vacancy is identified you will not be classed as employed. Our programme is a grade one outstanding quality programme that has a success rate of 91% into employment. The current guidelines now state that an employer is required for all learners from day one. We have always maintained that our learners are better placed to gain valuable employment after a period of technical training and work ready skills and our employers agree. We are however committed to working with government to ensure we are totally compliant and that we support the apprenticeship brand along with the quality that it resonates.

6. Will I be paid during this time?
We are investigating what level of payment you are able to receive, however at a minimum this will cover off any travel expenses that you incur.

7. What if I am on benefits?
This very much depends on specific individual circumstances. We will be in touch over the next few days to discuss further.

We will respond to requests for further information over the next few days. The telephone number on the email - 0845 055 6404 - is open during office hours (Monday to Friday, 0900-1700). Alternatively, please email [email protected]
Reply 3
What a load of bull. Zenos were aware of the changes since April 2011 not January 2012 but money is their motivation.

Panorama have been investigating them and the show is on BBC1 on Monday 2nd April

Lets hope the government is next and puts a stop to this. I should have started my work placement on January 9th 2012 but I'm still waiting, biggest mistake of my life!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending