The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Hi I have an offer from Kent, pretty sure it's going to be either my firm or insurance, but not 100% sure whether I can apply for accommodation. Do I have to put Kent down as my firm in order to do so, or can I just apply for it now, not having made my choice yet. Thanks :biggrin:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 781
Original post by oli_042
Hi I have an offer from Kent, pretty sure it's going to be either my firm or insurance, but not 100% sure whether I can apply for accommodation. Do I have to put Kent down as my firm in order to do so, or can I just apply for it now, not having made my choice yet. Thanks :biggrin:

no you should apply now, no matter what kind of choice it is :biggrin:
Original post by LauraMial

How do you apply.. I've got my offer but I didnt know you could do it already :s-smilie:
Got an email today saying they've acknowledged my application, just waiting for an offer/rejection now. So nervous.
Reply 784
I ended up rejecting their offer of an interview to revise my strange conditional offer. Got an offer from Leicester (my preferred choice)

Good luck to all of you hoping to get into Kent in September!
Regarding my post on the 3rd January, does anyone know how and if I can change my accommodation even though I've already applied for it? Like I said, I didn't see the parwood 6 bedroom, instead I picked parkwood en suite, but I really think I'll be better off with parkwood 6 bedroom as it will be cheaper! Does anyone know how I change my already sent off application? Or do I have to email then and ask to change it? Or can't I change it all? lol thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 786
Original post by charlotteLOL!
Regarding my post on the 3rd January, does anyone know how and if I can change my accommodation even though I've already applied for it? Like I said, I didn't see the parwood 6 bedroom, instead I picked parkwood en suite, but I really think I'll be better off with parkwood 6 bedroom as it will be cheaper! Does anyone know how I change my already sent off application? Or do I have to email then and ask to change it? Or can't I change it all? lol thanks! :biggrin:

Try emailing them and see if they'll do it :smile:
I've got a place for English and American Lit with Creative Writing and a Year Abroad- University of California here I come! In 3 years providing I get AAB to get into Kent then firsts in first and second years! Yay!
Also is anyone else going to the english visit day, 25th Jan- meet me! But theres one on the 8th Feb too.
Reply 789
Original post by krystlezara
Also is anyone else going to the english visit day, 25th Jan- meet me! But theres one on the 8th Feb too.

I'm going on the 25th Feb (the saturday one) as I had to cancel mine on the 7th of December. Anyone else going (maths department) :smile:
Reply 790
Original post by LauraMial

I applied :biggrin: Thanks!

Original post by D.Simmons=Yum!
How do you apply.. I've got my offer but I didnt know you could do it already :s-smilie:

http://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/

Go on the link and click 'apply for accommodation' on the right-hand side to sign up for it :smile:
Got an offer for accounting and finance just before christmas and I'm 90% sure I'm going to firm there...I love the course and the international opportunites.
Going to visit next month...hope I love the uni and area as much!
I have a conditional offer for Law.

anyone know what the law school looks like?
I've applied for History and Italian and received an offer. It'll be my firm because I love it so much. :smile:
Do you apply for your accommodation even if Kent's your insurance?
Reply 795
Original post by agoetcherian
Do you apply for your accommodation even if Kent's your insurance?

yes :smile:
Reply 796
Apply for Keynes if you can afford it, MUCH nicer!
Reply 797
I got my offer just over a month ago now:smile:

I have applied to Sheffield and UCL as well and am waiting for a reply, but I think that I will accept kent as my firm despite what happens with these two as i just love kent uni :biggrin:
Reply 798
I got an offer for the American Studies (History) course at Kent! I'm pretty certain that it's going to be my firm choice! Plus, is there a deadline for when the accommodation forms have to be sent off and where is the best place to stay at the university? :smile:
Reply 799
Original post by npaul4
I got my offer just over a month ago now:smile:

I have applied to Sheffield and UCL as well and am waiting for a reply, but I think that I will accept kent as my firm despite what happens with these two as i just love kent uni :biggrin:

What course have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest