The Student Room Group

TSR Transformation Contest - Official Entry Thread. NOW ACCEPTING "AFTER" PHOTOS.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures, my laptop webcam is naff! Im looking to improve my strength mainly, especially on my squats and deadlifts. I'm also going to be trying to add more mass.

It's going to be difficult as I have recently badly injured my shoulder and haven't trained for around a month (as you can probably tell from the pics). So for the first few weeks I will try to ease myself back into my gym routine, hopefully my shoulder should be ok in a few weeks. :smile:

Starting stats
Height: 6ft
Weight: 65kg
Lifts: 85/75/120

Spoiler

Reply 61
Original post by aivi
The easiest: out of sight, out of mind. If you can (I don't know who you might be living with), get rid of any tempting food. This seems to be one of the most important things for me... if I have junk food, I will eat it, even if I don't particularly crave it.
Also when you feel a craving/hungry, drink some water, do something for 20min or so, and if you still feel hungry, eat proper food.
Third, try to build some kind of reward system, where you might spend money/time on something nice instead of rewarding yourself with food. You could make some kind of point system, where you note all the instances where you've resisted and made good choices, and then based on those reward yourself with something (not food!).
Hope this is at least somewhat useful :smile:

There's always tempting food in my house because I live with my family. I get what you mean though, if i know something is in the house I will eat it! if I was living by myself it would be 100 times easier.

I've never thought about a reward system before. I'll try it out definitely for a week starting friday (today officially) and see how it goes. I need to think of a reward though..

Thanks so much :smile:
Updated.

If I've missed you, let me know :smile:

3 FULL DAYS REMAINING FOR ENTRIES
Here's mine

Exact same as I was months ago lol, inconsistent diet and training. Time to change that :smile:

Goals: Look better all round

Spoiler

start weight: 233.5lbs
(edited 12 years ago)
Prizes have been announced!

The first place for both male and female will receive an £80 MaxiRAW bundle of their choice from .http://www.maxiraw.com/

The second and third place for both male and female will receive an £50 MaxiRAW bundle of their choice from http://www.maxiraw.com/

Fantastic prizes :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi all,

Just a quick note that we have taken the decision to disallow entrants who are taking steroids, and we will not be allowing discussion relating to the topic of steroids. We will moderate posts in line with our general site-wide policy on drugs. I appreciate that the legalities surrounding steroids are a bit grey and they are not explicitly illegal, but we as a site do not want to be seen to be condoning or encouraging their use. I hope you can understand where we are coming from :smile:

If you have any further questions about this, please feel free to post in Ask a Moderator.

Thanks

Fleur
Apologies for the lateness of the photos... and I tried to crop them but photobucket aint playing :rolleyes:

Weight: 142.6lbs as of this morning, lol
Height: 5ft 6

Will add measurements at a later date if that's ok

Front:

Side:

Back:

Proof of date:

Aiming to tone up, get a LOT fitter and lose about 10/15 lbs. Or at least, that's my goal for the entire year, so anything is a good head start :smile: Going to be running, doing gymnastics and cheerleading and some pilates etc. :yy:
(edited 12 years ago)
EDIT: No longer taking part.
(edited 12 years ago)
Looks like we're on the way to 50+ entrants, great stuff!

I have a friend who will be entering too :smile:
Yayy great idea to motivate people! :smile:

Aims:
Gain weight and muscle
Improve my fitness

Starting Stats:
5' 11"
9st 10lb (61.68KG)

Starting Pictures:

Spoiler

:devil:COWER IN FEAR MERE MORTALS AT THE SIGHT OF EXCESSIVE BODY FAT, SHODDY CAMERA WORK, POOR LIGHTING CONDITIONS AND UNSIGHTLY BODY HAIR!:devil:

Currently weighing in at 81kg, my goal is to shed fat while preserving muscle. Also lose body hair.
Full stats will be included in mah blog, which I will be creating tonight.
Gutted that I had to use crappy camera and conditions etc, but hey ho, it's good enough for me to compare myself in 12 weeks time :smile:

**oh God...the hairy back...**

Spoiler

I'll update the list just before bed tonight, however I am going to London for the weekend and won't be back until Sunday around 7ish.

So don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you and will update on Sunday :smile:
Reply 72

Spoiler

Let myself go :colonhash:

In for fat loss.

Edited to add: 5'11" 80kg
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
Hi all, thought I would give this a crack.

I was, until recently, quite good at keeping myself quite slim. About 2 years ago, I caught an eye infection and is still ongoing. The downside of this is that I haven't been able to play the physical sports which were a daily part of my life and kept me fairly trim. This has sort of led to a downer in confidence and I'm reluctant to do anything sporty since I can't wear contact lenses. My visits to the gym also stopped with that.

I'm tired of this general malaise and I want the rot to stop. I'm 5'9" and 12.3 stone (78kg). I've always been about 11-ish stone (70kg) and I want to drop back to that and to restore a little faith/confidence in myself. I also want to be fit enough to play sports that I can wear my glasses and for when I get the all-clear from the docs on the eye infection.

Spoiler

Any weight loss would be a step in the right direction. Photos are a bit rubbish, but should improve!! :colondollar:
Here's my entry

Starting stats;
Height: 157/8 cm
Weight: 135lbs

Can't find a tape measure so when I manage to get my hands on one I'll update this post.

General aim is to lose between 20-30lbs and tone up and just generally be alot healthier.

Best of luck to everyone else taking part, hope you all achieve what you set out to! :smile:
Reply 76
(I'm not new to this site, I simply made a new account to take part in this competition. I'm a daily poster on my main account and quite a few people I know IRL know my TSR username, so this is my way of posting anonymously. :/ Hope that's alright. I can PM the admin of this competition with the name of my main account if it's a problem.)

Looking to lose weight.

I've been dieting on and off since August 2011, lost quite a lot, gained some back over xmas/new years.. Overall I'm about 10lbs down, but as you can see by the pictures, I still need to lose a lot more. :frown:

Height: 5'7"
Current weight: 170lbs [26.6 bmi]
Goal weight: 120lbs [18.8 bmi]

Measurements:
Boobs (currently 32GG) - 105cm
Waist - 88cm
Hips - 110cm
Upper arm - 30cm
Thigh - 65cm
Calf - 44cm

Goals with measurements: I'm hoping to drop down to a DD bra size. Also, although I know you can't target areas of fat loss, but my main goal areas are my thighs and 'saddlebags', then the stomach. :biggrin:

I know I won't lose it all in the duration of this competition, but I'm hoping to drop 1lb each week, so my goal by the end of this competition is a loss of 12lbs...

(I hope the 'back' photo is alright. I have no one else to take it for me, hence the strange angle...)

No rude comments please. I know I'm fat. At least I'm doing something about it...
Reply 77
heres my entrance, changed my username for this, so commandent was gonna be anonymous 2 but not now :smile:

stats: 5'5
140lbs
waist 28.5'
bum 38'
thigh 22'

aims: loose at least freshman 14

Spoiler

Here is my entry.

Starting weight - 99kg.
Aim - Weightloss.

Now you're probably wondering why I'm not in a swimsuit, tbh its because I'm not confident enough, hopefully I'll look better after the twelve weeks and then I'll post a picture in a swimsuit :smile: I hope it qualifies for the competition.

Also I couldn't get a decent picture of my back, even using a mirror!
Right count me in!

I am currently 179cm, 77.2kg and body fat is 15%.

This has taken a little bit of thought because as you can see I've got gynaecomastia or something like that so I'm not a fan of being topless but everyone here is taking this seriously so I thought why not! I'm not usually so hairless either since I just did a charity chest and back wax so the results may look a little different (might have to keep up shaving it!).

The plan is to lose a bit of weight in fat and put it back on in muscle on the chest, back, shoulders and arms.

I've recently started playing rugby again at uni so hoping that this will improve my game by improving my strength too!

Good luck everyone! :smile:

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z390/JonnyWyatt/?action=view&current=_DSC1370.jpg#!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz390%2FJonnyWyatt%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D_DSC1368.jpg
http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z390/JonnyWyatt/?action=view&current=_DSC1370.jpg#!oZZ5QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz390%2FJonnyWyatt%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D_DSC1369.jpg
http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z390/JonnyWyatt/?action=view&current=_DSC1370.jpg#!oZZ6QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz390%2FJonnyWyatt%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D_DSC1371.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest