Cambridge

Wolfson College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Who attended the mature summer school?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 61
I recieved an offer for Veterinary Medicine at Wolfson :smile: So will see you guys there!
Original post by King-Panther
Who attended the mature summer school?

:hello: I have a question. :wink:
Original post by fannymartha
:hello: I have a question. :wink:

So you clearly did! So who are you and what did you think of the summer school, did you enjoy it?
Original post by Tali_91
I recieved an offer for Veterinary Medicine at Wolfson :smile: So will see you guys there!

Congrats on your offer! See you in October!
Reply 65
Original post by marceltheshell
Congrats on your offer! See you in October!

Thankyou! What are you going to study?
Reply 66
Hi there,

i've been given an offer to read English at Wolfson in Oct 2012. Are there any other English people out there?
Do we habe a facebook page for 2012 entry as of now? If not, I would make one :wink:
Original post by lm271991

Original post by Tali_91

Original post by marceltheshell

Original post by King-Panther

Original post by fannymartha

Original post by gingbs

Original post by CaelumCorvi

Original post by Hippodamos

Guys, facebook doesn't let me create a group without adding at least one member. Would you mind pm me your facebook usernames so that I can create the group and add you?
See you soon :wink:
The group is up! PM me for link :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
Wolfson for History 2012 after missing my Pembroke offer. :frown: But :biggrin: for Wolfson. Any other History people out there?
I have applied in Cambridge.How is Wolfson ? I have heard its good but I think its far from the center ? Please guide. Thanks
Reply 72
it's about 15-20 minutes walking, 10 minutes by bike.
Hullo!

I was extended an offer by Wolfson back in April as I was accepted to read for my MPhil in Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic. I've corresponded with a few of the administrators and I must say that they've all been quite helpful. Now I'm just waiting for the BoGS to hurry up and acknowledge the receipt of the paperwork to fulfill the final condition related to my offer. :rolleyes:
Original post by lm271991
Hi there,

i've been given an offer to read English at Wolfson in Oct 2012. Are there any other English people out there?

Yes, insofar as my department - Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic - is part of the Faculty of English. I consider myself an English scholar, though, because my undergraduate degree is in English and my PhD will be, too.
Any Wolfson offer holders? I have one for English, for 2014 entry :smile: .
Reply 76
I do! Eng Oct 2014
Original post by GenD
I do! Eng Oct 2014

Aah this is so exciting! I was worried that because it's for mature students, I would be surrounded by fifty-somethings, but you're the second person I know of who'll be my age and reading English at Wolfson (someone else posted in the Winter Pool thread that they had an unconditional offer for next year as well, although I can't find their post for the life of me :frown: ).

So what are you planning to do for the next year? :smile:
Reply 78
The likelihood is that it was me in the other thread :smile:

I'm so excited too. There is no escaping the fact that its 18 months until we actually go, but I'm trying to keep reminding myself, it is CAMBRIDGE, and it WILL be worth the wait!

I'm going to Wolfson on the 29th Jan to meet Michael Hrebeniak -so I can see the college and talk about stuff.

Umm, in Feb I am off to India for 2 months to volunteer at a school. After that I'm planning on doing a TEFL course so I can keep teaching/travelling around the world.

With such a long period of time, there is a danger of doing something non-engligh related, I'm going to make an active attempt to do something towards preparing for the degree every week - which will probably be tackling the reading list...

What are your plans?

We should try and stay in touch... :smile:
Reply 79
I do not know whether it is a proper thread but it is Wolfson-related so... :smile: I got an offer from Wolfson and I am thinking about the costs. Despite the tuition fee how high are they? (maintenance + living etc) I must add that my plan is not to spend much :smile: THanks for any information! xx

Quick Reply

Latest