The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology unit 4 crime & deviance- january 27th 2012 !!!!!!!

anyone sitting this exam in janaury?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am!!!!!! so scared
so much to learn!!!! any predictions as for what might come up?
Im doing this too, havent even finished learning it all and so much information to remember, really not looking forward to it and not sure on how to revise, how is everyone else revising ?
Reply 3
I am too :frown: haven't done any revision yet. I really need an A aswell. Does anyone know of any revision material on the internet? I don't like the text book. It's in a weird order and not very clear. Help!
Original post by laurieee
I am too :frown: haven't done any revision yet. I really need an A aswell. Does anyone know of any revision material on the internet? I don't like the text book. It's in a weird order and not very clear. Help!

Yeah I need an A too but seems really unlikely at the moment. You should try the website getrevising.co.uk it has word documents, powerpoints etc on there and i found some really useful stuff on there.
Reply 5
does anyone have any predictions for the 33 marker at the end of this exam? my teacher has predicted sociology as a science
Reply 6
Original post by beccaa:)
does anyone have any predictions for the 33 marker at the end of this exam? my teacher has predicted sociology as a science

If it's is sociology a science I'm screwed...I have no idea how to answer we've learnt about the sociology of suicide and your supposed to relate it to that I'm so confused can anyone tell me what to include if this does come up :confused: ????
Reply 7
Hey, anyone doing this sociology module aswel in january.

Have you's been given an predictions saying as its a new format? If so please share :smile::smile:
Reply 8
theres a new format???? i havent been told anything about this!
Reply 9
Yeah, there is a new format and in my opinion i reckon it is easier. It is started with two 21 mark essays on crime and deviance, one 15 mark essay for a research method and a final theories 33 mark essay!
this is better, as having single 4 and 6 mark questions you need to be spot on with, but with essays you can hoover up more marks.
Reply 10
Original post by Orla369
Hey, anyone doing this sociology module aswel in january.

Have you's been given an predictions saying as its a new format? If so please share :smile::smile:

Well my teacher has predicted; labelling, state crimes, green crimes, globalisation and punishment as a chance of the questions coming up

for the theory section policies, socio as a science, social action theories and post modernism was predicted. I doubt values will come up as it came up last year and feminism came up the year before.
How is everyones revision going?
Well the guy who wrote the sociology papers like a few years back came into my college and said we're overdue a 33 marker on a theory. Also he thinks that courts will come up at some point. I doubt there will be a 33 marker on science or values. but worth revising everything of course. I gotta get a B in this exam or i'm screwed :frown:

He also said that these were the grade boundaries, out of 90, for the last 3 years and will most likely be the same, if not, very similar this year:

A* 61
A 55
B 49
C 43
D 37
E 31

Out of 90! So if we work hard we should be able to get A or more..
Reply 12
Original post by Just Josh
Well the guy who wrote the sociology papers like a few years back came into my college and said we're overdue a 33 marker on a theory. Also he thinks that courts will come up at some point. I doubt there will be a 33 marker on science or values. but worth revising everything of course. I gotta get a B in this exam or i'm screwed :frown:

He also said that these were the grade boundaries, out of 90, for the last 3 years and will most likely be the same, if not, very similar this year:

A* 61
A 55
B 49
C 43
D 37
E 31

Out of 90! So if we work hard we should be able to get A or more..

Woah then grade boundaries are quite high. and what do you mean courts? do we need to know about courts :/
I had a mock for this today, and my mind just went blank couldnt really remeber much, so much revision and nothing sticks, my teacher said to make up question and write plans, what is everyone else doing ?
Reply 14
I'm pretty much okay with it - was a bit hard at first but it's sticking.

merton and durkheim are pretty easy ones to remember :smile:
Reply 15
the revision is starting to eff me off now!
i seriously need an A in this exam. AS i got an A overall. Does anyone know what their teachers have predicted. and can anyone give tips on how to structure essays out!!
Reply 16

Also you can try podology..its got like a whole section on C & D.. with powerpoints n notes..really usefull!!
Oh no :frown: there is sooooo much to learn! I need motivation :frown:
Reply 18
Does anyone have the June 2011 past paper?
Reply 19
Hi, could someone explain to me how you would go about on answering this question? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"Can sociology be involved in policy making and should it?"

Quick Reply

Latest