The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance: University of Birmingham Vs University of Nottingham

Poll

Accounting and Finance: Uni of Birmingham vs Uni of Nottingham

Hello,
I have recieved an AAB offer for 'Accounting and Finance BSC' at University at Birmingham and an AAB offer for 'Finance, Accounts and Management BA' at University of Nottingham.

I can not decide which one to firm so I would appreciate any opinions you have about the course, job prospects, modules, nightlife and the university overall. Also, is there a big difference between a BA degree and a BSC degree?

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Firstly congratulations on both offers. I've also applied to Birmingham and will probably firm it if i don't get an offer from my first choice. I was quite impressed by Birmingham as they seem to be quite student focused and run some sort of scheme which will apparently help you get a job at the end of it (I don't really know the details). Birmingham is also quite well recognized however never seems to rank higher Nottingham in the league tables. I don't know a great deal about the course at Nottingham. I didn't apply because I live round the corner from the uni; I'm posting cause I thought my knowledge of the city would be of some use. As you'll know, Birmingham is a bigger city therefore is likely to have a better nightlife however Nottingham has a pretty good one too. Both universities are about the same distance from town (I'd say around 10 minutes for Nottingham and apparently the same for Bham), have lovely big campuses and are in good areas (despite what you might hear about Nottingham, it's a nice place to live especially and the areas where you'll be as a student are fine-don't be put off!). Nottingham uni is now pretty massive (no. of students), some day too big although I'm not sure how it compares to Bham. On the whole the cities are not majorly different, as for the particular course, I would recommend going to the applicant days that are coming up. Hope I was of some use, sorry I don't no much else.
Reply 2
I've got exactly the same decision to make as you do! I really don't know how I'm going to choose between the two. They both have so many advantages - lovely campus, good business schools, great nightlife, good for sport etc....

I know it's been four weeks since you posted this so have you had any more thoughts? Made a decision yet?
Reply 3
Hey guys Im going bham to do A+F...any of you?
Reply 4
Original post by student1231
is there a big difference between a BA degree and a BSC degree?

Not at all.
BA is obviously "Bachelor of Arts" and BSc is obviously "Bachelor of Sciences"

These are just categorisations the university classes them as.

For instance, Nottingham may count their finance degree as an art because they class it as a 'social science' rather than 'mathematics'

Birmingham may very well do this the other way round :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending