The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kirstyvf
yeah I'm exactly the same! had my interview for Trent and got my one for Huddersfield next week, but have only had an acknowledgement letter from LCF... so hard waiting around haha x

i haven't had an acknowledgement letter yet but only sent my application off mid-december x
Reply 41
Original post by renetak
I also have an interview on the 27th of January at LCF with Fashion Management

Hey! Good luck!
:smile:
Reply 42
Original post by wan
Hey! Good luck!
:smile:

thank you :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Senika

Original post by Senika
I'm applying for Photography.

Hello , im applying for Photography aswell ! , have you sent your UCAS off ? :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by clotheshorse

Original post by clotheshorse
Hiya everyone,
I've applied to do Fashion Journalism. I really hope I at least get invited to the written test/interview day! I bet the competition is really tough, though. EEK. I've heard really mixed opinions of LCF. I went to the open day at Lime Grove and I thought the course sounded right up my street. However, as people above me have said, lots of people seem really snobby! Oh well, I'm not going to let other applicants put me off as I really, really want to be in London. It's my favourite place and I can't think of anything better than studying fashion journalism in one of the fashion capitals!

Haha ! , ive applyed for fashion Photography and im based in Lime Grove (if i get in ) i went to the open day , agree on the snobby part !! if we get in we can be UNSNOBBY friends Haha Good luck x
Reply 45
Original post by OliviaVW

Original post by OliviaVW
I've applied to both fashion photography, and then the foundation photography with styling. I agree about it being snobby on the open day. But then I met a few other applicants at a different uni interview, and the people applying for the courses I am seemed very friendly and nice :biggrin:

Ive Applyed for both of these courses aswell !! , Aww have you heard anything back ? im soo worried ! agree on the snobby people at open evening haha , Good Luck if we both get in atleast we know weve got a fellow Un snobby person haha x
Reply 46
Original post by charleybelle

Original post by charleybelle
i'm applying for fashion pr - have also applied to and have interviews for nottingham trent and huddersfield but have not heard anything back from lcf. anyone else in the same boat? x

I have applyed for Nottingham Trent nothing back yet ! any tips if i get a interview !! whats it like ive never been haha ! x
Reply 47
Original post by jords261
Ive Applyed for both of these courses aswell !! , Aww have you heard anything back ? im soo worried ! agree on the snobby people at open evening haha , Good Luck if we both get in atleast we know weve got a fellow Un snobby person haha x

Nope not yet! I've heard of some people already getting interviews there, but not for photography so I think we're okay for now :smile: The bit I'm dreading the most is the group interviews though.. Good luck to you too, and yes that's very true :')
Just out of interest, where else have you applied?
Reply 48
Hello , im applying for Photography aswell ! , have you sent your UCAS off ? :smile:

Yes, I sent it at the end of November :smile:

Haha ! , ive applyed for fashion Photography and im based in Lime Grove (if i get in ) i went to the open day , agree on the snobby part !! if we get in we can be UNSNOBBY friends Haha Good luck x

Can I join? Haha
Reply 49
I've applied for Fashion PR at LCF. Sooo nervous as its the only place that does fashion pr, and LCF is obviously one, if not the best place to study something which relates to fashion. I've had an acknowledgement email back but thats all. I've also been offered places at Greenwich and Bournemouth to study PR but LCF is my first choice. I really hope I get an interview........
I have applyed for Nottingham Trent nothing back yet ! any tips if i get a interview !! whats it like ive never been haha ! x

i don't have any tips to give you haha, my interview for nottingham isn't until 29th feb x
Looked over the maths questions that LCF sent me as examples and they are easy!! Phew!!
Reply 52
always wanted to come here to study hair and makeup for tv but didn't have any art experience at all so ended up applying to universities to study french instead :/
Reply 53
Heyy,

I'm applying to LCF too! Applying for the Fashion Buying and Merchandising course and the Creative Direction for Fashion course. Just sent my application off last week so I'm sure i'll be waiting a while to hear back.

Last year I studied their Fashion portfolio course in Lime Grove. For anyone who has an interview for LCF and even though the course I've previously done an interview for isn't the same, my advice is to be yourself and dont worry about any snobby people they're probably just as nervous as you! And definitely don't let nerves get the better of you, an interview is your chance to show LCF why you should be there! :smile:

Wow I sound so motivational...really I'd probably be so nervous if I'd an interview!

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by kateslatz
Heyy,

I'm applying to LCF too! Applying for the Fashion Buying and Merchandising course and the Creative Direction for Fashion course. Just sent my application off last week so I'm sure i'll be waiting a while to hear back.

Last year I studied their Fashion portfolio course in Lime Grove. For anyone who has an interview for LCF and even though the course I've previously done an interview for isn't the same, my advice is to be yourself and dont worry about any snobby people they're probably just as nervous as you! And definitely don't let nerves get the better of you, an interview is your chance to show LCF why you should be there! :smile:

Wow I sound so motivational...really I'd probably be so nervous if I'd an interview!

Good luck everyone :smile:

hey do you have any advice on what to wear to the interview?
I've applied for the Costume for Performance course and sent off my UCAS at the beginning of November... I haven't heard anything back yet though! Fingers crossed for at least an interview.
Original post by Elishastar

I bought my outfit yesterday!!!!!!
just got my interview for fashion management at lcf - feb 3rd at 9:30am. i also applied for the buying & merchandising fda, does anyone know if it'll be a separate interview for that or just one for both courses?
Reply 58
Original post by Elishastar

I just wore what represented my personal style... don't go too formal as it's a creative college so they wont be expecting people turning up in suits or anything lol
Reply 59
Original post by backbreathe
just got my interview for fashion management at lcf - feb 3rd at 9:30am. i also applied for the buying & merchandising fda, does anyone know if it'll be a separate interview for that or just one for both courses?

Ahhh I've applied for the Buying & Merchandising too! I'm not really too sure it could be a seperate interview or they might just interview you and then decide what you're better suited..thats what i know they've done with interviews before!

Good luck with your fashion management interview :smile:

Quick Reply