Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting Involved

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So I have accepted my place on the Air Transport Management course and I am now very excited to get to Loughborough and get started on it.

However, I am also wanting to potentially get involved with the SU and some of its societies. Unfortunately I don't really know where to start with getting involved and what kind of involvement the SU can offer me.

If you are a current student and possibly point me in the right direction or give some advice on what I can expect with regards to the SU then that would be fantastic!
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    The LSU website is the place to start
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you look on the LSU website (Potally_Tissed linked to it) that'll give you an idea of some of the societies/AU clubs you can join. As well as that, every year in the first term the union puts on a Societies Bazaar and AU Bazaar where you can go down and see what they're all about and meet some of the committee.

There's a lot to choose from in the societies federation and the AU.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patto1989)
    Hey,

So I have accepted my place on the Air Transport Management course and I am now very excited to get to Loughborough and get started on it.

However, I am also wanting to potentially get involved with the SU and some of its societies. Unfortunately I don't really know where to start with getting involved and what kind of involvement the SU can offer me.

If you are a current student and possibly point me in the right direction or give some advice on what I can expect with regards to the SU then that would be fantastic!
    Oooh congrats
    Silly question but what does SU stand for?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DxxbPwnz)
    Oooh congrats
    Silly question but what does SU stand for?
    Student Union.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Student Union.
    Ahh okay.. don't they have jobs within student unions at uni?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DxxbPwnz)
    Ahh okay.. don't they have jobs within student unions at uni?
    Yeah, they'll usually try get a few people to work at the union (bar work, bouncers, etc.) at the start of the year and sometimes intermittently during term time. I've got a couple mates who work there, one on the bars and one on security and I think it pays about £6/hour give or take.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want to get involved in the academic side there are quite a few positions you can run for, department reps, programme presidents etc. All great on the CV and good to be involved with.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Yeah, they'll usually try get a few people to work at the union (bar work, bouncers, etc.) at the start of the year and sometimes intermittently during term time. I've got a couple mates who work there, one on the bars and one on security and I think it pays about £6/hour give or take.
    Ahh that sounds alright, with these fees and loans I could do with some extra cash aha. Silly government -.-

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 10, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.