The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 Scotland

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aroy45
It's a teaching course run by Glasgow uni but in the borders. I chose it because it has no elements of Catholic teaching

Ok I thought that, thank you! :smile:
Reply 21
Hi,

Did anyone get any interviews from Aberdeen or Stirling yet?

Thanks!
Reply 22
Original post by HeatherHatter
Mine wasn't sent away until after that, so it wasn't processed until UCAS opened again after new year, hence the delay in receiving any correspondence from any university I applied to :smile:. The other problem I had was my prelims - I received an invite for an interview at Edinburgh during my prelims, even although all the universities are sent the dates of prelims so that you won't be given an interview during those weeks and so my interview there was pushed back until a couple of weeks before my Aberdeen one. This meant that all 3 of my interviews (Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Aberdeen) were all around the same time. Everyone else I spoke to had the same sort of pattern - either all their interviews were in the same week (and they were really stressed) or they were spread over a couple of weeks like me - I think I had 3 in 4 weeks, but most people had one a week, or 5 in 3 weeks or something like that, nobody I've spoken to had long gaps between interviews.

So using that pattern, once you hear from one, you shouldn't have to wait long to hear from the rest :smile: Although Aberdeen and Stirling apparently always take the longest to reply...

As for living in Aberdeen, I'm finding it ok :smile: I love my accommodation! I'm in New Carnegie Court - it has en-suites and the kitchen is shared between 5 with 2 fridge/freezers and loads of cupboard space :smile: there is also a living area with sofas for the 5 of us to share too :smile: The only disadvantage is no TV room in the block :frown: I've heard that in other accommodation there is less storage in the kitchen, but people find solutions between them so that they all have enough space for their food :smile: in some of the blocks, you all get a cupboard with a lock on it for your food, but I couldn't comment on all the buildings as I've not been in many.

The halls are quite a walk from town, I must admit. There is a bus directly from Hillhead to the city centre but it's expensive so I always walk, but it does put me off going out in the evenings, especially during the week as the last bus back isn't that late. The shopping in town is good though :tongue: and you're not too far from the beach, which has the amusement arcade and Codona's (which has mini golf, roller coasters, bowling etc.). I'm really enjoying my time in Aberdeen :smile: the only downside is having to do these essays!!! :tongue:

Thanks for all this information, it's been really useful! I'm definitely leaning towards Aberdeen (if I get an interview/offer). Went to stay with friends at RGU at the weekend, and thought the city was lovely. Saw New Carnegie at the open day and it definitely is the best of all the Hillhead accomodation - the other flats I saw were a little frightening! Just really impatient to hear back from UCAS now! Anyway, thank you and good luck with your essays :smile:
Reply 23
Just joined this, i've applied for Primary Teaching this year, wo0o :-)! Got an interview for Dundee on Monday, but not heard from anywhere else.
Reply 24
Original post by sarahh8
Just joined this, i've applied for Primary Teaching this year, wo0o :-)! Got an interview for Dundee on Monday, but not heard from anywhere else.

Hey :smile: Do you mean you have an interview on Monday or you got the letter on monday? :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by sarahh8

ooh i have an interview then too for dundee!!
Reply 26
Original post by aroy45

Original post by aroy45
Hey :smile: Do you mean you have an interview on Monday or you got the letter on monday? :smile:

Hello :-). I have my interview on Monday, you get a letter? Or do you mean email? X
Reply 27
Original post by et_29

Original post by et_29
ooh i have an interview then too for dundee!!

heey, really?! in the afternoon? Dundee is my last choice, and i only put it there because i had to have a 5th option but i don't know what to do. I know it would be really good to go and get experience from the interview? I'm so scared.
Reply 28
Original post by sarahh8
Hello :-). I have my interview on Monday, you get a letter? Or do you mean email? X

Nah, I've only got a Glasgow interview and they told me by letter :smile: Nothing from Dundee yet! Really hope they hurry up1 Are you scottish, english on international?
Reply 29
Original post by aroy45
Nah, I've only got a Glasgow interview and they told me by letter :smile: Nothing from Dundee yet! Really hope they hurry up1 Are you scottish, english on international?

Aw that's good :smile: When is it? i hope i get one from Glasgow & Strathclyde aha since they're my top choices. I'm Scottish, wbu?
Reply 30
Original post by sarahh8
Aw that's good :smile: When is it? i hope i get one from Glasgow & Strathclyde aha since they're my top choices. I'm Scottish, wbu?

2nd of February :smile: I really like Dundee, hope i get an interview at least! and I'm Scottish
Reply 31
Original post by aroy45
2nd of February :smile: I really like Dundee, hope i get an interview at least! and I'm Scottish

aw that's a wee while, you've time to prepare :-). I'm sure you will! Aw woo. Did you get good grades last year, are you in 6th year uhu ?
Reply 32
Original post by sarahh8
aw that's a wee while, you've time to prepare :-). I'm sure you will! Aw woo. Did you get good grades last year, are you in 6th year uhu ?

Nope, I'm in 5th year :smile: Doing English maths french physics and rmps :smile: How did you do last year and what're you doing this year?
Reply 33
Original post by aroy45

Original post by aroy45
Nope, I'm in 5th year :smile: Doing English maths french physics and rmps :smile: How did you do last year and what're you doing this year?

what's rmps? My results were disappointing, i even cried haha. Genuinely gutted because i studied a lot, so i need to do well this year aha. Last year i done maths, english, business, french, history; all higher. This year i'm doing maths, media & computing; all higher aha.
Reply 34
Original post by sarahh8
what's rmps? My results were disappointing, i even cried haha. Genuinely gutted because i studied a lot, so i need to do well this year aha. Last year i done maths, english, business, french, history; all higher. This year i'm doing maths, media & computing; all higher aha.

Religious, moral and philsospohica; studies :smile: It's a bit of RE, pilosophy and biology
Reply 35
Original post by sarahh8
heey, really?! in the afternoon? Dundee is my last choice, and i only put it there because i had to have a 5th option but i don't know what to do. I know it would be really good to go and get experience from the interview? I'm so scared.

Definitely go to the interview!! I'm pretty nervous too but fingers crossed it's all alright. My interview's in the morning though... :frown: Where else have you applied to and when did you send in your application? x
Reply 36
Original post by aroy45
Religious, moral and philsospohica; studies :smile: It's a bit of RE, pilosophy and biology

Original post by aroy45

Hi, I was wondering..is your interview for Glasgow (Dumfries) or central Glasgow? I'm doing RMPS higher too!
Reply 37
Original post by et_29
Hi, I was wondering..is your interview for Glasgow (Dumfries) or central Glasgow? I'm doing RMPS higher too!

Dumfries :smile: have you heard from anywhere yet? Woo! What religion and moral thingy are you doing?
Reply 38
Original post by aroy45
Dumfries :smile: have you heard from anywhere yet? Woo! What religion and moral thingy are you doing?

Just Dundee! Where all did you apply to? Good luck on your interview!!
Hmm, morality in the modern world? Belief and science? and Buddhism... Is that what you mean?! What're you doing? x
Reply 39
I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Dundee and West of Scotland. I got a letter today from Strathclyde inviting me to an interview on February 10th. It's pretty safe to say I am absolutely terrified.

A few girls in my year have applied for the same courses and already have one or two unconditionals. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest