The Student Room Group

How soon did you have a car accident after passing your test?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
In first year :- 3 months after getting a license while not technically an accident, it was my fault. I parked the parents' Land Rover Discovery on a steep hill and forgot to park it in gear and the wheels pointed towards the kerb....... the parking brake failed during the night and in the morning we found it 80m on top of a bonnet of a Toyota Corolla.
Reply 41
Never had an accident, and I passed five years ago.
Reply 42
I've been driving nearly 3 years since I was 17 and I've not had a crash yet, only really had one near miss too.
Original post by something_vague
I passed at the beginning of 2010. No accidents involving other cars!

I reversed up my drive and went too fat and hit my house....house was fine but my lovely car has a dent :frown:

Also had a horrible incident parking in a garage surrounded by a brick wall, front and back bumber have scratches now :frown: arghhh!

My parking is fine now but I wish I didn't damage my car's appearance while learning how to park:frown:

I spoke too soon. My car was written off on the A1 in october 2011, just short of two years after passing.

I was in the third lane, in the dark/wet, going the speed limit when a car from the second lane pulled STRAIGHT infront of me going much slower. I braked hard to avoid hitting them and my car skidded in the rain I hit the rain gulley and that was my control gone.....ended up in the central reservation span out of control. My car a total mess bouncing off the barrier at 60+ mph.. No one stopped not even the idiot that pulled infront of me :frown:

Frustrating.
Original post by Octohedral

My Dad got his car written off by a milk float though.

Wow. How on earth did that happen?!

And I skidded on some ice 3 months after my test and knocked a neighbours car. They were walking to it so saw me. No damage done and I got a cup of tea to calm me down!

I had another one after 6 months after some woman reversed her car onto my bonnet and tried to say I drove into her :frown: I won the claim after they found out she was lying so happy days!

I passed my test in November 2008!

I've not had one since then, I'm a very cautious driver :smile:
Original post by indianmaharaj
i know someone pass her test on 23 Dec 2011 afternoon and had an accident (Morrison van hit & run) on 24th Dec 2011 morning!! Any advances on this anyone?

That's the exact same day I passed my test :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending