The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham nightlife - where to go?

I will be celebrating my 18th birthday next month and two friends and I are spending a weekend in Nottingham to celebrate. We're there Thurs 16th - Sun 19th of Feb.

Where do you suggest to go? I have never been to Notts before so don't have a clue where to go! We're staying in the travelodge in the center of town, so where should we go for drinks first? Then nightclubs etc?..

Thanks guys! :biggrin:
It all depends on what type of bar/club you want to go to. Here's a list of places I normally go to and its a variety places and usually depends on how I feel or if I fancy a certain drink that's cheaper in one place:

Pit and Pendulum
Rock City
Squares
Bla bla Bar
Up Down Under
Yates
Lloyds

That's just off the top of my head.

Also are you going out on the Thursday, Friday or Saturday (or all three)?
I ask this because if there is no Student events going on, Thursday is usually dead. I went some time in October with friends, and every where was closing up at 11 cause it was a ghost town.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Bloodrush1992
It all depends on what type of bar/club you want to go to. Here's a list of places I normally go to and its a variety places and usually depends on how I feel or if I fancy a certain drink that's cheaper in one place:

Pit and Pendulum
Rock City
Squares
Bla bla Bar
Up Down Under
Yates
Lloyds

That's just off the top of my head.

I ask this because if there is no Student events going on, Thursday is usually dead. I went some time in October with friends, and every where was closing up at 11 cause it was a ghost town.

Some seriously classy venues there.

What about the Waterfront? Or Lace Market? Or the Orange Tree or Malt Cross?
Reply 3

Thursday dead?! Thursday is the main student night for me, Tuned at Rock City. Usually preceded by any combination of BZR, Cucamara's, Wetherspoons etc.
Original post by py0alb
Some seriously classy venues there.

What about the Waterfront? Or Lace Market? Or the Orange Tree or Malt Cross?

We don't tend to want to go far from the square. Furtherest we'd go is Rock City
Original post by BenKing
Thursday dead?! Thursday is the main student night for me, Tuned at Rock City. Usually preceded by any combination of BZR, Cucamara's, Wetherspoons etc.

Trust me, we went some time in October, and it was dead. We tried to go into some places at 11 and they didn't let us in cause they were closing, same with Rock City. We ended up staying in Walkabout for a couple of hours cause there was no were else to go. And even that was empty.
Some nights can be busy, some not. Like I said, depends if there's any student events really.
Reply 6
We don't tend to want to go far from the square. Furtherest we'd go is Rock City

Why? The market square is chav central. All the best pubs and bars are round the edges of the city centre.
Reply 7
Original post by BenKing

my exact route, never too expensive
Reply 8
There's some really good student bars/clubs around by the university such Rescue Rooms, Horn in Hand and the Orange Tree - and of course the legendary rock city nightclub!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending