The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Original post by acidicgirl
What does it say? AFAIK, King's don't operate a gathered field and don't send a second email either.

It says 'On behalf of the Admissions team at King’s we would like to assure you that your application for the Law programme is being carefully considered and that we will make our decision at the earliest opportunity.'
And then they tell me that they have the iKing's website to watch videos etc
Original post by ambye
It says 'On behalf of the Admissions team at King’s we would like to assure you that your application for the Law programme is being carefully considered and that we will make our decision at the earliest opportunity.'
And then they tell me that they have the iKing's website to watch videos etc

Yes I got the same wording, it's an ackowledgement email sent after they have accessed your LNAT results.
Reply 2042
Original post by acidicgirl
Yes I got the same wording, it's an ackowledgement email sent after they have accessed your LNAT results.

Ok, thanks :smile:
Okay, it's been 6 weeks since my app was processed.

I reckon by Feb, I'll have heard from somewhere!
Original post by LizAnn
Congrats on your offers so far. :biggrin: I've applied to Surrey, Sheffield, Oxford Brookes, Warwick and Nottingham- had conditional offers from all of them. :smile:

Thanks! Congrats to you too! :biggrin:

Original post by jamestwob

The significance placed on the LNAT really does differ uni-to-uni. For example, Oxford tend to put more emphasis on the essay section as it reflects the nature of the course there better than the multiple choice. In terms of the role it plays, again, it depends. At my Oxford interview I asked what score I got and they couldn't remember because they only use it prior to interviews to split candidates and will only resort to using it post-interview as a tie-breaker. I wouldn't worry too much about your performance on it, if you had a bad day the rest of your application should make up for it (if you put effort into your PS and have good references etc). Good luck :smile:

Thank you so much for explaining! I was getting quite worried as the only unis that I haven't heard back from are all LNAT unis. :smile:
Original post by tehforum

Where you applied?
Reply 2046
Original post by Harry.K

Original post by Harry.K
Offer from Southampton! Best form of motivation for revision!

Congratulations!
Slightly off topic, but out of curiousity does anybody know why some Law joint honours programmes are lower entry requirements than straight Law?
Original post by PVisitors
Slightly off topic, but out of curiousity does anybody know why some Law joint honours programmes are lower entry requirements than straight Law?

Less demand -> lower grade requirements.
Less demand -> lower grade requirements.

That's a little silly isn't it? As you'll be studying more in a joint honours compared to a straight LLB.
Reply 2050
Original post by Akiraryuu
That's a little silly isn't it? As you'll be studying more in a joint honours compared to a straight LLB.

Not really, you sacrifice depth and/or optional law modules in order to study modules from a second subject.

12 weeks for me, *groan*
Original post by Akiraryuu

Demand as in how many students wanna study it.
Also not really since you still have to do additional modules so it works out the same.
Original post by gtfo
Not really, you sacrifice depth and/or optional law modules in order to study modules from a second subject.

Original post by Omiclops
Demand as in how many students wanna study it.
Also not really since you still have to do additional modules so it works out the same.

Ah, so it's like instead of doing six modules in your second year, you'll do 3 modules in Law and 3 modules in Politics/Criminology kind of thing?
Original post by jamestwob
Careful, I just got my post deleted for mentioning LNAT discussion which is prohibited. Mafia-style studentroom here! I had flu for my LNAT which was a pain so I thought I'd really messed it up as I couldn't really think straight, but it must've gone okay. Can't wait for results though. Which unis are you awaiting replies from now? I'm just awaiting Kent with a response for the Law with a year in Hong Kong and Bristol now

Woah, they're on the ball! That'll be why my reply went funny. That must have been a pain - I just felt the pressure of it being where my driving theory was which made my mum really positive about it, as I passed that, even though I did point out her over-optimism could only bring disappointment :rolleyes: And yours must have been pretty decent if Oxford want you! I think I'll only stress about results if I don't get an offer soon, although I really don't like the fact that the unis can see it and I have no idea! I'm waiting for Birmingham and Bristol - I didn't know Kent did a year in Hong Kong!? I didn't apply as I live really quite close to it and wanted to leave...the unis I've applied to you apply for a year abroad at the end of your first year, but I really really want to do that - I'd love to go to Sweden or somewhere. Where else have you got offers from?
Original post by fishfan01
Woah, they're on the ball! That'll be why my reply went funny. That must have been a pain - I just felt the pressure of it being where my driving theory was which made my mum really positive about it, as I passed that, even though I did point out her over-optimism could only bring disappointment :rolleyes: And yours must have been pretty decent if Oxford want you! I think I'll only stress about results if I don't get an offer soon, although I really don't like the fact that the unis can see it and I have no idea! I'm waiting for Birmingham and Bristol - I didn't know Kent did a year in Hong Kong!? I didn't apply as I live really quite close to it and wanted to leave...the unis I've applied to you apply for a year abroad at the end of your first year, but I really really want to do that - I'd love to go to Sweden or somewhere. Where else have you got offers from?

Yeah Bristol is apply at the end of the first year :smile: But I didn't realise Kent with Hong Kong was actually AAA, I thought it would be my AAB insurance choice. I currently have an offer from Newcastle (AAA) and that's apply to abroad end of first year, Reading with a year in Europe somewhere already guaranteed (AAB) and straight Law at Oxford (AAA). I felt really nervous for LNAT because it was full of driving theory-takers and one girl sitting LNAT who looked so nervous she looked as if she would be sick, bless her.
Original post by fishfan01

I'm waiting for Birmingham too..when did you send your app off?
Is it strange for me to turn down Oxford for Nottingham?
Reply 2057
Original post by ToyosiBaby
I'm waiting for Birmingham too..when did you send your app off?

I got my Birmingham offer on friday that just went. I had sent my app off on the 15th november so they did take their time lol
Original post by berliners

Yes very. Nottingham is amazing but Oxford is in another league.
Original post by berliners

It is unusual but people turn down Oxford offers every year.

They go up for interview and realise that what Oxford is, isn't for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending