The Student Room Group

What was your first mobile phone? Did you like it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Some ancient Motorola that I can't find pictures of. I remember the BT Cellnet sim card was credit card size.
Reply 61
i had a Samsung R225....that was back in year 9. Loved it, simply because i finally had a cell phone.

i'm pretty old

ericsson t20 had wap and you didn't need to lock the keypad. magic
Reply 64
Right..
OP's Brick phone was my first one too! Snake was the BOMB.

After15 years, it still works fine, and I bring it into school sometimes for my friends to marvel over and play snake on. It has significantly boosted my popularity.
Reply 66
Siemens MC60 :tongue:

Oh the memories of it getting confiscated in year 7 language lesson, damn that catchy 'Siemens swing' (if I remember correctly) ringtone haha :')
Reply 67
Original post by Svenjamin
Nokia 3310 in 2001.

I was 14 shopping with my dad and brother. My dad got my brother some really expensive hiking boots so I said something like "How come he gets expensive boots but I can't have a phone?", y'know the usual petulant thing teenagers say, and my dad just kinda ignored me. When we left the hiking store my dad went straight to the phone shop across the road and got me a phone.

I remember it cost like £90-100 back then. Kids these days with their £10 colour phones don't know they've been born!

That's a cute story :lol: my Nokia 3310 belonged to my half-brother before it was given to me, my parents thought I needed a phone when I first went on a youth summer camp alone. I remember my second phone as well, my father took me to the phone shop to choose one because they'd all gotten new phones, I didn't really want to because I felt like they were spoiling me by buying me a new phone :lol: :love: good old times.. I chose a Samsung X480 then, it looked like this, I thought it was extremely pretty but I didn't want my dad to buy it because, as you said, back then it was quite expensive.. He bought me the phone anyway. Even now I think it's a nice phone, I kept it for ages. The light on the front would be turned on as long as the phone was turned on and you were able to choose the colour of the light, how cool was that! I wasn't able to take pictures with it, though, some of my friends had really cool phones with cameras :cool: and a short time after that, the slide phones were really cool :tongue: I only really used 3 phones so far. :redface:

My 3310 is quite safe to take to school now, my Chemistry teacher confiscates every phone that looks better than his own and mine certainly doesn't :lol:
Reply 68
Original post by Eileen_
About 10 years ago, a Nokia 3310 :biggrin: I was 7 back then! And I had a nice bright purple Winnie the Pooh cover for it, even though I hated Winnie the Pooh :lol:

And now I have to admit, I started using the same phone again one week ago :lol: I was getting sick of everyone having smartphones so I decided to start using this one again. It still works, and I bet even now its battery life is longer than that of the average modern phone :tongue: And the memories.. :love:

I had this one too!! Although in year 7 when we were doing a modern take of Oliver Twist somebody took it out of my pocket (in the song 'Gotta pick a pocket or two') an dropped it on the floor....cracking the tile I should say but breaking the phone also.
I doubt I'm alone in having (and loving) the Nokia 3310!
Reply 70

Top phone, built like a tank.
Reply 71
the really old nokia orange and blue one that everyone left right and centre had? Can't remember it's name >.<
I had an old Philips thing and then in Y9 I got a Nokia 3510. For my sixteenth birthday my parents got me a Motorola Razr, and I still have it today (six years later!)
Original post by Nirgilis
Mine was a Siemens a55. Loved it :moon:

Aha, my first phone too! :ahee:
Reply 74
I won it from a competition, it's really small but looked really stylish at the time and still isn't that bad :P

Reply 75
3310, had it for about 4/5 years but broke so had to get a new one :frown:
I had this bad boy:
Nokia 3330, what a phone!

Nokia 5210, loved it, had snake game, very strongly built. Now I have an iPhone 4S and have to be very careful to protect it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79

SE T630

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending