Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Warwick 2012 POSTGRADUATE Applicants

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

as there is a thread for 2012 undergraduate applicants I thought it would be good to have one for postgrads as well.

I have applied for the MSc Intercultural Communication for Business but I haven't heard back yet.

I also applied to Lancaster and I'm not sure yet which would be my preference if I got offers from both.

What have you applied for and have you heard anything yet?

There's also a Facebook group; please feel free to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/137932526340584/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am in.

Let s celebrate!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which course did you apply for? Did you get a conditional or an unconditional offer?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional. Msc Finance & Economics at WBS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    applied to accounting and finance yesterday. hopefully i will hear from them in feb
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    conditional offer for Msc Economics. very happy
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Got a conditional offer for English here (just have to send in my transcript) after a successful interview with two (joint) supervisors. The interview went incredibly well and now I'm just biding my time hoping for an international scholarship. Fingers crossed!

The waiting is already driving me crazy - Warwick is perfect for what I want to do, and I don't want to have to wait until the end of March for the scholarship results.

Any other English offers here? Or Arts/Humanities in general?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi fellow Warwickers to be!!

I got a conditional offer for MA International Political Economy. I just have to graduate from my undergraduate university (May 2012 ) and send my transcripts to receive an unconditional. So happy!

As an international, I'm worried about accommodation!!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for MSc Statistics, yesterday!
    It took them less than 1 week to reply me, so when I received the e-mail I thought that they only wanted to confirm me that they have received my application or smth, (because they had said that I had to wait for at least 1 month until they decide).
    When I read "We are delighted to inform you..." , I almost fall out of my chair......!!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awaiting decisions from Oxford, Imperial, LSE, UCL, Cambridge
    If I get multiple offers then it's going to be a hard decision for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Dreamer89)
    Hi fellow Warwickers to be!!

I got a conditional offer for MA International Political Economy. I just have to graduate from my undergraduate university (May 2012 ) and send my transcripts to receive an unconditional. So happy!

As an international, I'm worried about accommodation!!
    What grades did they want you to get? I got an offer but I'm not sure if it's conditional or unconditional! I received a welcome letter and everything but no conditions Did it explicitly state on your offer that it's conditional?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steffis)

What grades did they want you to get? I got an offer but I'm not sure if it's conditional or unconditional! I received a welcome letter and everything but no conditions Did it explicitly state on your offer that it's conditional?
    Have you already graduated?
    In my offered it stated that it's conditional. (to graduate)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spairos)
    Have you already graduated?
    In my offered it stated that it's conditional. (to graduate)
    No, i'll graduate in summer like you. I just thought it'd say if i need a first or a 2:1
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, i'll graduate in summer like you. I just thought it'd say if i need a first or a 2:1
    So does it only say "you are offered a place"?
    Could you copy-paste that region of the letter?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It says 'I am happy to inform you that your application has been successful and we look forward to welcoming you as a future potential student'. It goes on and says that i'll receive course contents and accommodation details in the next few weeks.

Quite confusing if you ask me. I'll just wait and see what will be said in the next email.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    It says 'I am happy to inform you that your application has been successful and we look forward to welcoming you as a future potential student'. It goes on and says that i'll receive course contents and accommodation details in the next few weeks.

Quite confusing if you ask me. I'll just wait and see what will be said in the next email.
    Yeah, its weird, but if you are in a hurry you can e-mail them as well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spairos)
    Yeah, its weird, but if you are in a hurry you can e-mail them as well
    Yeah, I could do but I might as well just wait until I'll get an email from them in a couple of weeks. i'm not that much in a hurry I was just wondering what it said in everybody else's letters
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats strange and it could be interpreted either way. My email is completely different and explicitly states "we would like to make you a conditional offer..." conditional on a 2.1 degree.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah it explicitly said it was conditional. If you haven't graduated from your undergraduate degree, they will only extend a conditional offer until you graduate and show proof.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just while everyone's on the topic of conditional offers... I've got a conditional (on the provision of mailing in an oridinal transcript) but I can't find anywhere with information on how to do so. Or do you have to accept the offer first and then provide the transcript? I don't want to accept just yet as I'm waiting to see if I get any other offers...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 12, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.