The Student Room Group

What was your first mobile phone? Did you like it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80

Strange to think that I had this phone 7 years ago where the only thing you could do apart from call or text was play Snake and now there are phones with cameras, internet, apps, touch screens, etc. Technology has progressed so rapidly.
Reply 81

Samsung e370. Had it in year 8 i think. Awesome phone and i still have it! :smile: But its so battered lol :smile:
Reply 82

Sagem MYX-2... Awesome phone!
Reply 83
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Showing my age here..

I was completely made up with it!

My father had one of those :lol:
Original post by The Optimistic Ram
My first was a Nokia 3410 in Year 7 so 2005.

I had it about a year as it was already a hand me down from my older sister.

That was my first as well - I remember thinking it was amazingly stylish because all the other phones had separate buttons! I can't believe I (well, my dad!) spent £100 on that now!
Reply 85
Original post by Eileen_
About 10 years ago, a Nokia 3310 :biggrin: I was 7 back then! And I had a nice bright purple Winnie the Pooh cover for it, even though I hated Winnie the Pooh :lol:

And now I have to admit, I started using the same phone again one week ago :lol: I was getting sick of everyone having smartphones so I decided to start using this one again. It still works, and I bet even now its battery life is longer than that of the average modern phone :tongue: And the memories.. :love:

Wish Nokia would still build this phone
Reply 86
A chunky blue and yellow bosch which I customized with antenna top figures and glitter nail polish. It was extremely cool because it had, wait for it.. ringtones you could change.

Two years later I got a Nokia 3310 with Snake, and it was even cooler than my friends' 3210 because the snake on my phone could go through walls :O

I bought a cover for it off eBay :cool:
Got it the day before I started secondary school, 2003 oh yeah!
Reply 88
Some brick with an external antena in roughly 2000. Tiny screen on which you could view one line of scrolling txt. Oh the joys. It looked like this:

Soon moved on to this though:

nokia 8210. I loved it. It lasted about 5 years before it kicked the bucket.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by umop apisdn
Mine was a Nokia 5110; the first Nokia phone with games. I used to play snake allllll the time!

I liked it, but it was a brick. Not sure what my mum was thinking giving a 10 year old a phone though :s-smilie:

So what was your first mobile phone?

OMG :lolwut: My mum used to have that about 10 years ago! I ALWAYS used to play snake on it! :biggrin:
Nokia 3210 back in 1999 :smile: It still works as well, currently in a box in my wardrobe.

Not bad for a first phone and I loved it!
It's still in my drawer and I would never want to use it ever again!!!!!!!
Reply 92
Reply 93
Reply 94

This in about year 6.. still use it now.
Reply 95
Original post by DarkWhite
Same phone, same network, and when my battery ran out (those were the days when it would last weeks!), I'd chuck in some AA batteries too, and remember thinking the phone looked small for AA batteries and expected to put in AAAs!

Those were the days of paying for text messages..

I remember when they switched over to T-Mobile. You used to call 121 to check your balance (imagine having to make a phone call to check your balance!) you'd get an automated message saying the new number was _______ and you were being redirected. Never bothered to learn that number. 121 was just so much more sensible.

I think part of the reason my battery life was always so long was because the only people I knew with mobile phones were my sister, my older cousins and one of my friends. :rolleyes:

I've still got the phone kicking about at my mum's house too. Might get one of my siblings to have a nosey out for it. Already have one of them looking for my old Polaroid camera :tongue:
Reply 96
I'm addicted to this thread xD
Reply 97

XD was my personal brick
Reply 98
Original post by Heyimdec
I'm addicted to this thread xD

Haha cool, why is that?
Reply 99
Original post by Sky_Dream

One of these bad boys. It was a Philips c12. I can't remember how old it was, but I was jealous of everyone else who could set their phone to vibrate as this phone didn't have that feature. I probably still have it in my room somewhere.

OMG, my dad had one of these in a red cover! It was a total brick and he had it only until a few years ago! :biggrin:

Original post by Nirgilis
Mine was a Siemens a55. Loved it :moon:

My first phone was similar to this :redface:
I bought it in [2001] on my birthday with the vouchers I got for my Christmas four days before, from Woolies! Ah, those were the days :banana: :dance:
Okay so it doesn't get used now, but I still have it in my bedroom drawer somewhere

Quick Reply

Latest