The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

homeless network on the bike?
Reply 1581
Original post by Mess.
Because whilst people don't know if there is going to be a series 3 it would create a discussion and suspense...

Tbph I would have liked the series to completely end on Sherlocks death, never to be seen again. I really enjoy the series but that would have put it up there with some of the greatest television moments in history.

This.

British shows do tend to make these hard-hitting endings as well.

Instead of the cheery American ones.

But meh I really enjoy the show so not too bothered. :tongue:
Original post by anuradha_d
He's so hot man.

This.

Original post by Lily Academia
There you are.

Bloody amazing, right?

I love the fact you've all been waiting for me :teehee:

Yes, BLOODY amazing. I can't- I can't even-

I'm not even sure what I'm living for anymore. :emo:

I feel even more lost now than I was before it started :woo:
Original post by Cybele
:biggrin: I love everything you post on here.

Less than ten mins guys, SO EXCITED. :excited:

Thanks! :smile: My mind is blown after that episode! I've been crying, screaming, shaking, cursing Moffat, mumbling something about how John and Sherlock are practically married, dying internally when Sherlock jumps, squealing internally when Sherlock lives.

I can't feel my legs, guys... I'll just sit here and wait till next January for Sherlock.

I can't believe we have to wait so long for the next season! That was amazing. O was truly Sherlocked my holmie.

I know. Moffat better not pull his:

Moffat: "Let's let them wait... oh, I don't know..."
Co-writer: "A year?"
Moffat:"Nah. I say 18 months."
Original post by Bobifier
"Why does it have two fronts?"

Only 2 minutes in, and already this show has provided me more entertainment than any other I can think of.

Oh, I know. I grinned. I grinned a lot :yep:
Reply 1586
I think Sherlock might actually be the best TV series I've ever watched! Everything about it from the acting quality to the storyline is absolutely 100% perfect! :holmes:
Reply 1587
Why does Sherlock lie to John when he's on the phone to him on the roof?
Amazing TV series, the only drama I bother watching (apart from the odd dr who).

But WHY YOU NO MORE EPISODES!?!?!?!?!? :frown:

I would rather they split each 90min episode into 2x 45 or even 3x30, that could help with the suspense/ coming up with solutions. A "series" of 3 isn't enough. I just started getting into them :-/
'Nobody could fake being an annoying d*** all the time!'
Booya moment for John right there
Original post by Lily Academia
Oh, I know. I grinned. I grinned a lot :yep:

Oh yes this. I loved all the bits when he kept getting given presents and was like "Diamond cufflinks. All my shirts have buttons." John: "It means thank you." :rofl:
Original post by Scorcher
This is what I think happened...

Moriaty had a Sherlock mask on when he kidnapped the kids, Sherlock put the mask on moriaty on the roof and threw his body off instead.

I thought the same thing about the kids screaming because of a Sherlock mask, but for you to link that back to the suicide, very good.

Also significant is that Watson never sees Sherlock hit the ground, as he was around the corner. With that in mind, I think Sherlock jumped from the building but fallen into the rubbish lorry parked in the middle of the road, as Sherlock is falling, somebody throws another corpse (with a Sherlock mask on) into the street. Somebody else is hired to push Watson over, so he hits his head and is unable to recognise the body properly. The corpse is taken to the morgue where Molly makes sure nobody finds out it isn't Sherlock.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
I've only ever read one book and it bored the hell out of me so I go in to each episode completely blank and have no expectations for story etc.

Fair enough then, but it's a widely known piece of trivia that Conan-Doyle killed off Sherlock in The Final Problem, only to succumb to public pressure and bring him back for The Return of Sherlock Holmes...
Original post by Mess.
I've only ever read one book and it bored the hell out of me

Wow really?

Have you read the Hound of the Baskervilles?

I suggest you do, because it is a lot more different than the episode shown on TV, and it was one of the most thrilling reads of my life!
Am I the only one who wanted to punch Lestrades police people??
Original post by TM94
This.

British shows do tend to make these hard-hitting endings as well.

Instead of the cheery American ones.

But meh I really enjoy the show so not too bothered. :tongue:

I agree, I think they could have handled the ending slightly better. Maybe not completely unspecified, but something just a little bit more ambiguous. :dontknow:

But yes, it was a great episode, so I'm fine with it to be honest. :tongue:

Original post by Crawfords
homeless network on the bike?

Oh, excellent idea. That's brilliant. :congrats:

(That's not sarcasm, by the way, if it seems like it :s-smilie:)
#sherlock Yes of course there's going to be a third series - it was commissioned at the same time as the second. Gotcha! - Steven Moffat

AAAAAAAAAHHHH
Original post by Llewellyn

Original post by Llewellyn
Amazing TV series, the only drama I bother watching (apart from the odd dr who).

But WHY YOU NO MORE EPISODES!?!?!?!?!? :frown:

I would rather they split each 90min episode into 2x 45 or even 3x30, that could help with the suspense/ coming up with solutions. A "series" of 3 isn't enough. I just started getting into them :-/

Oh no - I disagree. I love the fact that they're an hour and half. Every episode I've looked at my watch and have had a brief panic that there's only a few minutes left in assuming it'll be 45 minutes/an hour, only to remember that this is Sherlock.

And Sherlock does not abide the usual laws of TV-time :nah:
Original post by tinytadpoletim
No, we saw the body :confused:

No we didn't. Not once was there a clear head shot of the dead body, hence my suspicion was that it was not sherlock, but just a random dead body made to look like sherlock but face too disfigured to tell properly. This is where Molly comes in and the bit with John being hit to the ground by apparent 'accident'.
Original post by FreakyStyley
If you check Steven Moffat's twitter there is a third series, it got commissioned alongside the 2nd

zaudhfosufhoanrghoiubvisudnfaoeiughoawurgboUHEFhwgu!

When did we learn about this?!?! Why did no-one tell me!!!!?!?!

When is it coming??????

Quick Reply

Latest