The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort Accommodation Sep 2012

Hellooo there :')

I have applied to DMU for Business and Management and recieved an offer :smile: anyone else?

Also as the thread title hints, haha, has anyone considered accommodation or is it just me? What accommodation are you looking to go for or have any info on?

Any comments appreciated :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by peri93

Original post by peri93
heya im a first year at dmu studying pharmacy. congrats on ur offer :smile: If u have any questions on anything (probably not course related tho..) feel free to ask :smile: . Im living at liberty park right now but theres loads of accomodation like newarke point, bede hall etc . Newarke point is probably the closest to the campus as its like a 1/2min walk to the SU.

thanks for the reply :biggrin: yeah i think newarke point looks amazing :biggrin: how did you ensure you got into your first choice accommodation?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied for business and marketing and I have a conditional now. I think DMU is gonna be my firm choice.
Not really looked into accommodation much, just hoping for internet and en-suite.
Reply 3
I'm looking at either Victoria Hall or Newarke Point. I've already visited Victoria Hall and it looks good, but I'm still undecided.

Speaking of accommodation, does anyone know if DMU has a policy of grouping mature students together in halls of residence? :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by peri93

Original post by SBradford
I applied for business and marketing and I have a conditional now. I think DMU is gonna be my firm choice.
Not really looked into accommodation much, just hoping for internet and en-suite.

ohhh :biggrin: what are your other choices? ha and yeah i've gotta get en-suite too and included internet of course! decent bath room size :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by peri93

Original post by peri93
well when i applied i didnt have to do choices. I think its because i chose liberty park which is private so i just had to apply straight to them while newarke point is university owned. Yh the rooms at newarke are pretty nice and they have proper bathrooms (ours are like airport toilets!)! :smile:

ahhh thank you! decent bathroom size is what i want hahaha bathroom does the deal for me :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by phil_w89

Original post by phil_w89
I'm looking at either Victoria Hall or Newarke Point. I've already visited Victoria Hall and it looks good, but I'm still undecided.

Speaking of accommodation, does anyone know if DMU has a policy of grouping mature students together in halls of residence? :confused:

hey, i've heard that kingsfisher is where most of the mature students are but that could be due to random reasons? would you prefer to mixed with the younger ones?
Reply 7
Original post by Afua93
hey, i've heard that kingsfisher is where most of the mature students are but that could be due to random reasons? would you prefer to mixed with the younger ones?

I'm not particularly bothered one way or another, to be perfectly honest. I am going to ask about the possibility of being with other mature students, but if it doesn't happen, than that's not a problem.
Reply 8
that sounds alright :smile: are you bothered about DMU being so low on the rankings?
Reply 9
Original post by peri93
heya im a first year at dmu studying pharmacy. congrats on ur offer :smile: If u have any questions on anything (probably not course related tho..) feel free to ask :smile: . Im living at liberty park right now but theres loads of accomodation like newarke point, bede hall etc . Newarke point is probably the closest to the campus as its like a 1/2min walk to the SU.

Heyy i applied for pharmacy at DMU and got an offer without an interview so i was quite pleased. Can u plzz give me some info on the best place to live in halls of residence and whats the course like how are the lectures and stuff arranged. sorry to be a pain im jus buzzin that i got an offer.
Reply 10
anyone applied for pharmacy and got an offer? if so i think we shud get to know each other then atleast we wont be strangers. Wud be nice to make some buddies before hand and maybe we can apply for the same accomodation
Reply 11
Original post by Afua93
that sounds alright :smile: are you bothered about DMU being so low on the rankings?

The academic rankings or the accommodation rankings? I'm not particularly bothered by either, to be perfectly honest. It was by far the best of the five universities I applied to and the course is exactly what I'm looking to do career-wise. As for the accommodation, I'm going to visit the housing office when I'm down there next Wednesday. I'll hopefully get some solid information from that :smile:
Reply 12
i meant the academic rankings :smile: and same...we have to give the 18 year old university some credit! it's not gonna be in the top 20 after just 18 years of becoming a university :biggrin: besides the accommodation is probably the best i have seen too! and all within walking distance means savings in relation to bus fare and getting up in the morning and feeling to lazy to get up to get a bus or walking for ageeees! :biggrin: lol
ohh are you :smile: any useful info would you share please :biggrin:
Reply 13
I'll do that for sure :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Afua93
ohhh :biggrin: what are your other choices? ha and yeah i've gotta get en-suite too and included internet of course! decent bath room size :biggrin:

my other choices are brighton, sussex, lincoln and hertford. How about yours?

I've been looking and I think Newarke Point is my favourite so far.
Reply 15

my other choices are brighton, sussex, lincoln and hertford. How about yours?

I've been looking and I think Newarke Point is my favourite so far.

wohoo! Newarke point is my top one too :biggrin: my other choices are oxford brookes, brunel, university of reading and birmingham city :biggrin: got all offers what about you?
Reply 16
Original post by Afua93
wohoo! Newarke point is my top one too :biggrin: my other choices are oxford brookes, brunel, university of reading and birmingham city :biggrin: got all offers what about you?

so far only got offers from dmu, lincoln and hertford.
DMU is gonna be firm I think and if I get an offer from brighton that'll be my insurance.

Is dmu gonna be your firm? are your courses business & management at all your choices? Mine are all business(management) and marketing :biggrin:
Reply 17

so far only got offers from dmu, lincoln and hertford.
DMU is gonna be firm I think and if I get an offer from brighton that'll be my insurance.

Is dmu gonna be your firm? are your courses business & management at all your choices? Mine are all business(management) and marketing :biggrin:

congrats on your offers :biggrin: and yeah dmu is most likely gonna be my firm...the only thing i wish DMU did is erasmus placements abroad hmmm! and yeah my course is business and management :biggrin: we'll be in some lectures together :wink:
Reply 18
Original post by Afua93
congrats on your offers :biggrin: and yeah dmu is most likely gonna be my firm...the only thing i wish DMU did is erasmus placements abroad hmmm! and yeah my course is business and management :biggrin: we'll be in some lectures together :wink:

Yeah erasmus does look really good, I wish I had looked into it more when I went to the open day. I have an informal interview soon so I'll ask about it then, although I dunno what will be better, having a placement year or during the erasmus scheme.
yeh I guess we will be in the same lectures, I wish it was august now :frown:
Reply 19
same i'm torn too! but hmmm placement is good for work experience etc..and the erasmus scheme would be a once in a life time opportunity torn :L
aha, me too! these month will drag!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending