The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology A2 Unit 3 - January 19th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Sana210693
What was your key issue on ? ... The unreliability of EWT
i have some model answers on that :smile:

OMFG could you please attach the model answers!! you are a life saver..

and what about the practicals of both criminal and child? xx
Reply 61
Original post by mrsay
OMFG could you please attach the model answers!! you are a life saver..

and what about the practicals of both criminal and child? xx

This is for my key issue for criminal psychology , about EWT
i dont have attatcgment for child psychology , what did you do the practical on ... the effects of daycare , with the content analysis ?
What was your key issue on ? ... The unreliability of EWT
i have some model answers on that :smile:

Hey sorry for the late response! I literally posted then got a veeery looong phone call. Thank you! The model answers would be great to have a look at, that was my key issue too :smile:
Reply 63
This is for my key issue for criminal psychology , about EWT
i dont have attatcgment for child psychology , what did you do the practical on ... the effects of daycare , with the content analysis ?

Thanks very much, this has helped me, as my teacher has been off sick for about 3 months, she didnt teach us any article analysis or content analysis.
Well the criminal one is actually sorted, now its just the child- and yes im planning on doing a content analysis on the effects of daycare. seems easy.
But do you think we can make the practical up in the exam?! :L x
Reply 64
Btw if anyone has any information, model answers, revision materials or anything on the child psychology key issue/practical/content analysis, could you please attatch them on here as i am clueless about them due to not having a teacher present throught child psychology.
Thankz
Reply 65
Original post by mrsay
Btw if anyone has any information, model answers, revision materials or anything on the child psychology key issue/practical/content analysis, could you please attatch them on here as i am clueless about them due to not having a teacher present throught child psychology.
Thankz

Original post by mrsay
Thanks very much, this has helped me, as my teacher has been off sick for about 3 months, she didnt teach us any article analysis or content analysis.
Well the criminal one is actually sorted, now its just the child- and yes im planning on doing a content analysis on the effects of daycare. seems easy.

I have two articles my teacher gave us to use on the effects of daycare i will attatch them when i find them :smile:
You need to read through them and highlight themes such as aggression etc
Once you done that make sure you back them up with relevent theorists and studies like NICHD study supports aggression.
Then your results and conclusions would be based on what you found on the article
You may be asked in the exam aswell for issues you came across
so the fact its secondary data etc , its also sensationalised as its an article , outdated etc.
Make sure you say you improved reliability as you discussed with your partner any interpretations.
Use 'I' because it was your study
This is really brief , sorry !!
Reply 66
I have two articles my teacher gave us to use on the effects of daycare i will attatch them when i find them :smile:
You need to read through them and highlight themes such as aggression etc
Once you done that make sure you back them up with relevent theorists and studies like NICHD study supports aggression.
Then your results and conclusions would be based on what you found on the article
You may be asked in the exam aswell for issues you came across
so the fact its secondary data etc , its also sensationalised as its an article , outdated etc.
Make sure you say you improved reliability as you discussed with your partner any interpretations.
Use 'I' because it was your study
This is really brief , sorry !!

Thanks very much, this has helped alot!!!!
Reply 67
Original post by mrsay
Thanks very much, this has helped alot!!!!

Btw would you have any relevant info on the key issues?
Reply 68
relevent info into the effects of daycare ? meaning studies and theories ?
Reply 69
yess, and how i would structure out the essays key issues for criminal and child?
Reply 70
I'm bored of this exam already, I've been revising forever it feels like. ;-;

I hope Eynsenck doesn't come up, and the Strange Situation brings me to tears. Bah.
Everything else I don't really care about.

If I had to have a favourite, it'd be EWT in general, like the studies (Loftus & Palmer <3~)
Reply 71
Original post by mrsay
yess, and how i would structure out the essays key issues for criminal and child?

from the article i gave you.

First Article -
Baydar & Brooks-Gunn (1991) They found that children of mothers who resumed work before they were a year old had poorer intellectual abilities and were more likely to have behavioural problems - So this links in with article two and supports this ! - This could be suported by Ruhm

Belsky and Rovine - daycare created Insecure Attatchments - Also Clarke-Stewart stated something similar but staging arguements as B and R use the 'strange situation' so therefore is not correct as they are being left with parents, not strange people.

Background - If you come from a problematic background , it has positive effects

They claimed children did do better socially and cognitively - suppoted by EPPE

Second Article- So the article is pretty much against daycare

NICHD - Aggression

Child's Temperment - Individual difference

In terms of answering the question for the key issue describe it . So you may say that the key issue is the increased social and cognitive level , but also the aggressive behaviours daycare kids have.

If its about your practicalprocedure , state you found 2 newspaper articles , explain what you did? so highlighted , backed it up , and did a summary.

What were the results/conclusions : so from reading the articles , what did you find ? Its pretty much repititive at this stage

if they ask about any problems and issues ; talk about validty , reliability etc

Pretty much the same for criminal !
Its just all about knowing the key issue
Criminal : unreliability of EWT
Child : effects of daycare
and applying the knowledge from the content throughout !
Reply 72
Can anyone help me with autism?
I'm pretty good with the AO1s of it but our teacher basically gave us next to no AO2s, so we've all had to look in textbooks.

All I've got for the cognitive explanation is Baron-Cohen's Sally Ann test and for the biological explanation is "an extreme male brain"...
Reply 73
Original post by danielleL
Can anyone help me with autism?
I'm pretty good with the AO1s of it but our teacher basically gave us next to no AO2s, so we've all had to look in textbooks.

All I've got for the cognitive explanation is Baron-Cohen's Sally Ann test and for the biological explanation is "an extreme male brain"...

I think we just have to know about the two explantions and know the characteristics of Autism.
Reply 74
What about if it's a 12 marker?

6 AO1 in symptoms/characteristics, idk how to make Sally Ann & extreme male brain worth 6 marks.
Reply 75
btw do you have the newspaper articles you are referring to in your analysis?
Reply 76
Original post by mrsay

btw do you have the articles for the analysis you have attached on ewt?
Reply 77
Original post by mrsay
btw do you have the articles for the analysis you have attached on ewt?

The attatchment has both articles of exonerations.
hey guys, how's the revision going for tomorrow?
Reply 79
Original post by persian_tanya
hey guys, how's the revision going for tomorrow?

Not too bad, just keep going over all my notes, looking over past papers and revision questions. Hoping the paper is kind tomorrow! What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending