The Student Room Group

Your Claim to fame!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Oh just to add.. Lloyd Daniels who finished 4-5th on the X Factor once, his sister does my hair..
Original post by Royale
Why didn't you shoot him?

Joke...

:laugh:
he was actually speed walking when i saw him..probably to avoid all the college students :teehee:
Reply 62
Original post by halii_94

Original post by halii_94
:laugh:
he was actually speed walking when i saw him..probably to avoid all the college students :teehee:

Haha he knows best.
Reply 63
I was on tv once...in my school's advert..in Nigeria. The advert was only shown once but still :smile:
Governor of the Bank of England and a Sunday Times writer went to my school.
Friends with quite a few footballers in various leagues from Premiership down to Conference.
My friend's family own a non league football club.
Someone I knows Dad is on the board at a premiership club.
Knew Liam from One Direction before he was famous, lost touch though.
I made Olly Murs a bacon sandwich once and took Julian Clary his breakfast, also met most of Wiz Khalifa's entourage and crew, sadly not the man himself though!
My dad was interviewed for BBC News once, and I was on the football league show last year!
My friends cousin is Mark, from Sam and Mark, currently taking part in Dancing on Ice.
Someone in my class at school was an extra on Hollyoaks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
My next door neighbour's cousin played a shoplifter on The Bill
When I was younger I won a local newspaper competition. The prize was a trip to London and I got to meet two Gladiators from the 90's TV Show. Ace and Rebel! I absolutely loved that show when I was little. I guess it's not really a claim to fame as it was only reported in local newspapers :P but it was great nonetheless!
Reply 67
My third cousin was a IRA general, Bobby Sands wrote a poem about him while in prison.

My friend proposed to Pixie Lott, knelt down with a ring and everything, and she said yes, this was after one of her concerts when she was meeting fans.

I've met Prince Charles and Camilla.

I know two girls who are best friends with Jedward, their facebook contains hundreds of photos of them hanging out, doing their hair, and they went to every single x factor show they were in.

My hometown has featured in 'My big fat gyspy wedding' more than once, and was used as a backdrop for an advert with Omid Djalili in.

I also share my surname and initials with a man who served as Chief of Defence Materiel, and on 3 occasions I was sent Army emails addressed for him, containing military information, one had an attachment about strategys abroad, but I was too scared to open it, so I had to keep emailing them back to tell them their mistake.
Reply 68
I was on Ringside on Sky Sports in November alongside Ricky Burns (current WBO world champion) :holmes:

My grandfather was good friends with Tom Jones and was responsible for getting him involved with Newport County FC in the 70's and my dad owns a classic Mercedes which was once owned by Bobby Moore.
Umm okay...

Ian Durrant (Rangers player) helped me get my breakfast from the buffet and Seamill Hydro when I was young.

My dad got Robbie Coltrane's autograph for me and my brother because he always saw him at the airport- it is on his boarding pass :tongue:

Paul Rankin (Chef) gave me his autograph in WHSmith at the airport - mum didn't want to ask!

My mum's cousin is Craig Levein, played for Hearts etc. now Scotland manager.

Met Graeme Randall (judo player), my wee brother got his autograph.

Edit: Boyfriend met Walter Smith while he was doing work experience at the Herald, and got his article published :smile:

One of my grandpa's was good friends with Jock Stein, and they were going to go into business before he died.

My other grandpa met Princess Anne and had a nice chat with her :smile:

Grandpa was head of lending in Clydesdale bank, and I believe it was him and his colleagues that nicknamed Fred Goodwin 'Fred the Shred' long before it was in the papers!

Got to go to the cockpit and meet the captain the year before 9/11

Been in the local paper quite a few times too! :tongue:

That is about it really :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by KJane
My third cousin was a IRA general, Bobby Sands wrote a poem about him while in prison.

My friend proposed to Pixie Lott, knelt down with a ring and everything, and she said yes, this was after one of her concerts when she was meeting fans.

I've met Prince Charles and Camilla.

I know two girls who are best friends with Jedward, their facebook contains hundreds of photos of them hanging out, doing their hair, and they went to every single x factor show they were in.

My hometown has featured in 'My big fat gyspy wedding' more than once, and was used as a backdrop for an advert with Omid Djalili in.

I also share my surname and initials with a man who served as Chief of Defence Materiel, and on 3 occasions I was sent Army emails addressed for him, containing military information, one had an attachment about strategys abroad, but I was too scared to open it, so I had to keep emailing them back to tell them their mistake.

i thought jedward were hated and bullied at school and they only had eachother? so was that lies?
Sam Warburton, the captain of the Welsh Rugby Team, was in the same year as me in the same primary school :smile:
1. I've been shown on the X Factor
2. I've been called an 'idiot' by the sun
3. Prince Charles said he liked my gloves
Reply 73
Original post by Bellissima
i thought jedward were hated and bullied at school and they only had eachother? so was that lies?

This wasn't in school, they met them just before they went on x factor, they then hung out with them through their entire x factor journey, and would even travel to Ireland to meet up with them. They're really hardcore fans of them.
Original post by KJane
This wasn't in school, they met them just before they went on x factor, they then hung out with them through their entire x factor journey, and would even travel to Ireland to meet up with them. They're really hardcore fans of them.

fair enough they're nice guys good for them!

My friend once played Halle Berry's daughter in a movie

My sister has been on the news

My mom has multiple famous clients, as well as clients who are CEOs of Fortune 500 companies (she won't tell us who they are due to confidentiality laws)

I've met a number of famous basketball players (USA...no one on here will know who they are)

I live pretty close to a number of famous people (actors/actresses, a model, a number of famous athletes as well as members of famous bands...I'm not name dropping because I prefer a bit of privacy...the whole of TSR doesn't need to know where I live)

My friend's dad is a well-known lecturer in the economics world.

If I think of any more I will update...
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
My old history teacher is besties with Tim burton, which I think is pretty darn snazzy. :smile:

That is AWESOME! Best one hands down.

For your teacher.
Original post by KJane

People have picked up on Jedward, and completely ignored this?! HOW?!?!
Reply 78
Original post by Banburyhammer
People have picked up on Jedward, and completely ignored this?! HOW?!?!

That's what I thought when I got quoted. :tongue:

I didn't quite believe it when I got the emails, but they were too far detailed to be fake, and had a massive warning at the bottom if you werent the intended recipient, and I got replies with formal apologies. :cool:
My great Aunt used to be friends with the dad of Robbie Williams ¬¬

I've also had a short chat with Joey Barton; a surprisingly nice guy.

Quick Reply

Latest