The Student Room Group

Edexcel French AS Exam - 18th Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chicoinglés
Well, how did you all find it then? I thought it was pretty easy, although spent nearly the whole 45 minutes on the listening to make sure everything was covered. The reading was easy as was the writing, which I was pleased about as it wasn't the environment, which I was dreading as it's a horrid topic to have to write about!

I love the environment i was hoping it would be on that! I know so much about it as ive done my oral both years on it. But i thought todays topic on technology was pretty easy, i was especially surprised as the question about whether the internet was a good thing or not. I found the reading bit about Pierre's trip quite tricky on a few questions, but hopefully all went well for us :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by robthefool
Am I on the right exam thread? I took this exam this morning (I think) The listening on the Swiss milk and the writing part on teenagers and new technology. I found it alright (I am retaking, got a high B last year) but i didn't really revise so I forgot how to write a letter in French :/ Other than that I managed to get most tenses in and I'm hopeful that I might have just scraped an A

Yep you are :smile: I found that listening on that stupid swiss milk really hard!! but then again im rubbish at listening, even in english sooo. Can u remember why you put that people prefer the distributed milk to the milk at the supermarkets?
Original post by bugsy12
Yep you are :smile: I found that listening on that stupid swiss milk really hard!! but then again im rubbish at listening, even in english sooo. Can u remember why you put that people prefer the distributed milk to the milk at the supermarkets?

Oh ok :smile: Yeah it was quite tricky, I think I put about it being superior as that is what the guy said. He said it had more protein and something else I can't remember
Original post by bugsy12
I love the environment i was hoping it would be on that! I know so much about it as ive done my oral both years on it. But i thought todays topic on technology was pretty easy, i was especially surprised as the question about whether the internet was a good thing or not. I found the reading bit about Pierre's trip quite tricky on a few questions, but hopefully all went well for us :smile:

Oh dear! Yeah, that was really easy tbh!! I thought Pierre's trip question (love the fact you refer to it as that!) was pretty easy tbh! The Swiss milk question a bit tricky, mainly cos of the wording. For the supermarket/distributor question, I put that the milk from a distributor is natural and because they charge more there than at the supermarkets.
Reply 24
Oh ok :smile: Yeah it was quite tricky, I think I put about it being superior as that is what the guy said. He said it had more protein and something else I can't remember

Yeah me too i put that! yay we both can't be wrong can we? ;p i found the one with all the names about the spam quite difficult too, i didnt have a clue what je me méfie meant or watever it was so i guessed who thought that, im going to google translate that now actually! haha

oh god it meant "i distrust", i thought it was something positive ahh -.-
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by chicoinglés
Oh dear! Yeah, that was really easy tbh!! I thought Pierre's trip question (love the fact you refer to it as that!) was pretty easy tbh! The Swiss milk question a bit tricky, mainly cos of the wording. For the supermarket/distributor question, I put that the milk from a distributor is natural and because they charge more there than at the supermarkets.

uhoh, i put they charged less but got more for their money than the supermarkets :| woops haha! ahh well what can I do. Ahh did you no i found that hard, I couldn't work out the last question on what his plan was for the next two years? without just copying the words from the text.
The writing was so much better than last year, the milk question was tricky and i thought that je me méfie was positive too :frown: Also, the question about the walk to raise money for cardiovascular illnesses was tricky, but overall wasn't awful. Still hoping for generous grade boundaries :P
Hey what did you guys get for the Passage 3 Listening fill in the blanks?
I thought the reading was quite tricky :/
the reading WAS hard, the fill in the gaps:
(i dont really rememeber but...)
the last one was souvent
and the second last was the P word?
and one of them (second one i think) was inadequate or in something

sorry i really dont remember them all :P
Ahh no problem :smile: I think I got the P word wrong I put something else but the first page of the reading threw me by surprise, because I expected it to be easy but it was really confusing, and like the Je me mefie I thought it was positive :/ Hope the grade boundaries are low :smile:
Original post by bugsy12
Yeah me too i put that! yay we both can't be wrong can we? ;p i found the one with all the names about the spam quite difficult too, i didnt have a clue what je me méfie meant or watever it was so i guessed who thought that, im going to google translate that now actually! haha

oh god it meant "i distrust", i thought it was something positive ahh -.-

Hopefully! :biggrin:

I remember that but I forgot most of what I put, oh also about the milk question, do you remember what you put for what was the reaction? I think it was the first question, and I put that they were angry? :smile:
Original post by michrab123
The writing was so much better than last year, the milk question was tricky and i thought that je me méfie was positive too :frown: Also, the question about the walk to raise money for cardiovascular illnesses was tricky, but overall wasn't awful. Still hoping for generous grade boundaries :P

I think for the last question on the walk for charity text I put that he didn't know they would be there waiting for him - the question was how did the professor and his family surprise him or something.. the questions were a bit ambiguous to be honest!
Reply 32
I agree with you all, the writing was quite a nice question but I found the listening very difficult! Time flew for that part and they only give you 45mins which I find unfair!
Oh well we'll just have to see when results come...
Everyone come back here in March and we'll see how we all did! Hahaa :smile:
Hey guys,

I also took this exam and found the listening and reading tricky! The writing was alright though.
Am I on the right exam thread? I took this exam this morning (I think) The listening on the Swiss milk and the writing part on teenagers and new technology. I found it alright (I am retaking, got a high B last year) but i didn't really revise so I forgot how to write a letter in French :/ Other than that I managed to get most tenses in and I'm hopeful that I might have just scraped an A

Swissmilk, teenagers and new technology? Bloody hell. Ours (OCR) was on the internet and tv programmes!
Original post by gemnomnom
Swissmilk, teenagers and new technology? Bloody hell. Ours (OCR) was on the internet and tv programmes!

Oh and add disability to that list (last year's).

I thought it went okay, I went and answered the last bullet point of the essay wrong, referring to the internet when i wasn't supposed to :rolleyes: It was quite a nice essay topic to choose though, and I'm sure we did vocab for it (although I failed to revise that...)

Just to let everyone know for future reference, you're not supposed to talk about Edexcel exams on the day you did it!
Reply 36
Original post by Retro.spex
Oh and add disability to that list (last year's).

I thought it went okay, I went and answered the last bullet point of the essay wrong, referring to the internet when i wasn't supposed to :rolleyes: It was quite a nice essay topic to choose though, and I'm sure we did vocab for it (although I failed to revise that...)

Just to let everyone know for future reference, you're not supposed to talk about Edexcel exams on the day you did it!

what do u meant we weren't supposed to ? yes we were it was about social network sites and stuff? :s-smilie: And why can't we there's no risk of people seeing we all do it at the same time..
Original post by bugsy12
what do u meant we weren't supposed to ? yes we were it was about social network sites and stuff? :s-smilie: And why can't we there's no risk of people seeing we all do it at the same time..

Read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=98&a=629

I'm not having a go, I'm just letting you know so you don't get 10 warning points :tongue: The Edexcel exams "are taken all over the world" so someone may take this exam after us.

And about the essay, if I remember rightly the words at the start of the last bullet point were "A part de l'Internet" and I think that means apart from the internet :frown:

Anyway hopefully it doesn't because I answered it about the internet anyway!
Reply 38
Original post by Retro.spex
Read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=98&a=629

I'm not having a go, I'm just letting you know so you don't get 10 warning points :tongue: The Edexcel exams "are taken all over the world" so someone may take this exam after us.

And about the essay, if I remember rightly the words at the start of the last bullet point were "A part de l'Internet" and I think that means apart from the internet :frown:

Anyway hopefully it doesn't because I answered it about the internet anyway!

OMG i just realised i did the same thing :O CRAPPPPPPP!! i rememebr i wrote down les portables in my plan but i didnt mention it in the essay :O i cannot believe i did this ahhh :frown:

and ah ok woops my bad sorry bout that !
Reply 39
Original post by bugsy12
OMG i just realised i did the same thing :O CRAPPPPPPP!! i rememebr i wrote down les portables in my plan but i didnt mention it in the essay :O i cannot believe i did this ahhh :frown:

and ah ok woops my bad sorry bout that !

wait wait wasnt that last bullet point like apart from the internet, how else do you think that technology will affect us in the future? that one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending