The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college nurses and midwives 2012

Hey!

I couldnt find a specific thread for midwives and nurses for Kings college so I started this one.
I am attending the selection day on 18th (next wednesday) and thought this would be a good place for all of us to talk a bit :smile:
anyone already applied and have any tips?

XX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiii

I'm going next Wednesday too.

What have you apllied for?

xxx
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Midwifery!! you?! xx
Reply 3
Adult Nursing!
Are you there at 12pm for registration?
Do Midwives and Nurses go through the same day with eachother, they're just observed by different people?
Are you nervous? I dunno what the group discussion is on, you?
xxx
Reply 4
yeah, we have to get there for registration at 12 then we have to be back for 1 for our tests and then we have a tour then we do the group. No idea what its on...and yes getting nervous now..im flying over from jersey! xxx
Reply 5
Yeah it's a pretty packed day! Gonna be tired at the end of it all....
I've gotta get the train down from Liverpool, leaving at like 6am and train gets me home at 11:30pm!!
It is totally worth it though!
Is King's your 1st choice?
I'm gonna swot up on a few subjects for the discussion. Have you had other interviews?
xxx
Reply 6
Ah my boyfriend is studying at LIPA :smile: he loves it, i've been up a few times and I applied to LJMU although havent heard anything yet :s-smilie:..
Either York or Kings will be my first choice..depends where I get offers from but tbh I would take anywhere, the competition is so fierce!!
I've read quite a lot already, just the basic NMC, NICE, RCM and UNICEF guidlines. Midwifery 2020 is good too :smile:
I had an interview for brookes but I was rejected..It was my first so I wasnt expecting anything, more to practice and get a feel for the process, met some lovely people, the uni is lovely and the course is nice, its a shame but I have other options..how about you? :smile: xxx
Reply 7
Yeah ive known a few people go to LIPA. They always love it! I'm reading pretty much the same stuff and keeping track of the news. Ive chosen a couple of subjects to go a bit more in depth on but i'm just gonna try and revise on the train and hope for the best!! King's is my first choice but i know how competitive it is and how many people they must interview so im just gonna do my best. Ive had a couple of interviews now and Chester have got back and said no. I was 3 marks off on my maths which is so annoying! but at least it's something i can improve on.
So what airport you flying into? You coming on your own? Im more stressed about getting about when im down there, taxi's are gonna be expensive but nothing i can do! just hope i dont get lost!!! :s-smilie:
xxx
Reply 8
Hiya, I'm at the selection day on Wednesday as well :smile: Really nervous about the group discussion, don't really know what to expect... I've had interviews at Surrey and London Southbank but they were both individual interviews. I'm coming down from Leeds Tuesday night and staying over. What do you think the group discussion will be about? xx
Reply 9
Original post by Stobes2509
Yeah ive known a few people go to LIPA. They always love it! I'm reading pretty much the same stuff and keeping track of the news. Ive chosen a couple of subjects to go a bit more in depth on but i'm just gonna try and revise on the train and hope for the best!! King's is my first choice but i know how competitive it is and how many people they must interview so im just gonna do my best. Ive had a couple of interviews now and Chester have got back and said no. I was 3 marks off on my maths which is so annoying! but at least it's something i can improve on.
So what airport you flying into? You coming on your own? Im more stressed about getting about when im down there, taxi's are gonna be expensive but nothing i can do! just hope i dont get lost!!! :s-smilie:
xxx

Im flying to Gatwick on tuesday night and then getting gatwick express and staying with friends. Im coming with my mum..I hope she wont be to stressed..she seems to get more worked up than me!! Bad luck about Chester..:frown: You're right about the maths though, and I dont think it'll be hard, I tried the practice one they suggested and thought that was okay, and dont forget we can have calculators! :smile:
Im getting a bit nervous now but Im also REALLY excited :smile: xxxx
Reply 10
Original post by AmyAnna
Hiya, I'm at the selection day on Wednesday as well :smile: Really nervous about the group discussion, don't really know what to expect... I've had interviews at Surrey and London Southbank but they were both individual interviews. I'm coming down from Leeds Tuesday night and staying over. What do you think the group discussion will be about? xx

Hey!

What are you applying for? Not sure what group will be like, but I had one at Oxford Brookes and that was okay, I think they just want to see that we can work together as a team..Not too sure on what it'll be about. We'll see :smile: Im looking forward to looking round the campus aswell :smile: Where else have you applied to? xxx
Reply 11
I'm applying for children's nursing :smile: you?

I've applied to London Southbank, Surrey, UEA and Greenwich. Kings is where I really want to go though so I'm mega nervous for Wednesday. Where've you applied? :smile: xxx
Reply 12
Original post by AmyAnna
I'm applying for children's nursing :smile: you?

I've applied to London Southbank, Surrey, UEA and Greenwich. Kings is where I really want to go though so I'm mega nervous for Wednesday. Where've you applied? :smile: xxx

Midwifery :smile: I applied to Kings, Oxford brookes (rejected), York, LJMU and brighton :smile: xxx
Reply 13
Original post by AmyAnna

Hi can I ask you, what was your interview like at LSBU? I have mine on 9th Feb for adult nursing! Are the tests difficult? what sort of questions did they ask?

I am really worried about it!

Reply 14
This is the perfect question for me to interject with a stupid question, if you ladies don't mind?

I'm from California, and I've never seen a course that teaches midwifery before. What exactly does it teach? Is this a UK tradition?

Reply 15
See you tomorrow girls....GOOD LUCK xxx
Reply 16
Hi all,

I was at King's yesterday for the selection day too, for children's nursing. Thought it went ok-ish, but everyone else in my group seemed really competent & we had a good group discussion, so I don't know how they decide.And it's hard not having an individual interview where you get to sell yourself better! So am not getting my hope's up because I know it's a tough place to get in to.
I also had an interview at LSBU a month ago & have been given a conditional offer. That interview went well, the maths & English tests aren't that bad & the interview itself was very relaxed & they ask the usual questions - why do you want to be a nurse,what experience do you have etc, and some random questions they pick out like what do you understand about diversity.
I've also sat maths & english tests today for Middlesex Uni which were a bit harder than LSBU & King's but still not that bad. They have a different system where if you pass the tests you get called back another day for interview.

Finger's crossed for you all :smile:
Reply 17
I really enjoyed the day and actually felt quite relaxed! I really want kings as its my top choice! fingers crossed for everyone! best of luck xxxx
Reply 18
I have sent off my application for child nursing on the 15th December. I have applied for Kings, LSBU, UWL, Bucks New and received acknowledgement and from Greenwich I received rejection after a week or two. This waiting game is killing me. I should use the time to prepare for the interview but I dont have the motivation as I am not sure if I will ever get invited.

Wishing everyone all the best with their application.
Reply 19
Original post by Stobes2509
Hiii

I'm going next Wednesday too.

What have you apllied for?

xxx

Any offers?????? xx

Quick Reply

Latest