The Student Room Group

Chemistry unit 4 AQA

Scroll to see replies

Still not really getting anywhere with most of the titration and buffers bit. It just isn't clicking in my head :s Feeling good for all the organic though, so fingers crossed :biggrin:
Reply 241
Original post by rommy123
yup :smile: how much hours a day does everyone revise?

I have maths on monday, bio on wednesday and chem on thursday, but on average, all subjects combined, any less than 3 good hours feels like a major loss, how many hours dyu do?
Reply 242
Looks like theres two teams to chem 4, team pH and buffers and team organic chem:smile:
Reply 243
Original post by wizzar

Original post by wizzar
I have maths on monday, bio on wednesday and chem on thursday, but on average, all subjects combined, any less than 3 good hours feels like a major loss, how many hours dyu do?

I do roughly 3/4 hours on week days, different subject each day
and about 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday..
Reply 244
I'm going to fail, I have the worst teacher ever. He's making us do a stupid mock exam also in the week where I have 4 exams. If I fail the mock I might get kicked off the course.
I'm revising a lot, but I always get confused with the maths.
Reply 245
Original post by lausa22

Original post by lausa22
I'm going to fail, I have the worst teacher ever. He's making us do a stupid mock exam also in the week where I have 4 exams. If I fail the mock I might get kicked off the course.
I'm revising a lot, but I always get confused with the maths.

maths is a challenging subject that you have to grasp or else it gets too hard and you feel like giving up!
Reply 246
maths is a challenging subject that you have to grasp or else it gets too hard and you feel like giving up!

It really is :frown: I've never been the best at maths, but working out buffer solution titrations and things like that confuse me.
Also, my teacher didn't even bother teaching us hardly any organic or aromatic chemistry, so the only thing I'm confident in is kinetics, equlibria and mass spec :frown:
i do about 5/6 hours a day :L
Reply 248
Original post by lausa22

Original post by lausa22
It really is :frown: I've never been the best at maths, but working out buffer solution titrations and things like that confuse me.
Also, my teacher didn't even bother teaching us hardly any organic or aromatic chemistry, so the only thing I'm confident in is kinetics, equlibria and mass spec :frown:

I am currently using notes from this website all you have to do is download them, they are really good :smile:

http://www.mediafire.com/?r74x3pdjrhay7
hope it helps :biggrin:
Reply 249
ha! I do 24 hours a day, sleep is for poosies!
Reply 250
can't wait for this to be over :s
Reply 251
Original post by NewCrack

Original post by NewCrack
ha! I do 24 hours a day, sleep is for poosies!

Wow, do you manage to concentrate? :P
Reply 252
I am currently using notes from this website all you have to do is download them, they are really good :smile:

hope it helps :biggrin:

Reply 253
Wow, do you manage to concentrate? :P

As long as I have some energy drinks! Tbh i've only done about 4.5 hours today not good.
Reply 254
Original post by tgarrud

Original post by tgarrud
I do like none :/

my excuse is that if I don't know it now I won't know it by Thursday lol

you`ve still got 6 days to cram a lot of revision :smile:
Reply 255
Original post by tgarrud

Original post by tgarrud
nah there's no point I know this module really well

^^^^ this might help you, you`ll have to download it, the notes are really good
Reply 256
I love this unit, It's everything I love! Half maths, half organic. My two favourite things together. :P
And as for revision I do about 8 hours in a week day and about 10 hours on Saturday and Sunday. I actually enjoy myself... :P
Reply 257
Original post by thomas93

Original post by thomas93
I love this unit, It's everything I love! Half maths, half organic. My two favourite things together. :P
And as for revision I do about 8 hours in a week day and about 10 hours on Saturday and Sunday. I actually enjoy myself... :P

Wow! you do a lot of revision.. i find organic really hard :/
Are we required to know any salts of weak acids and bases other than ammonium chloride and sodium ethanoate?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 259
Wow! you do a lot of revision.. i find organic really hard :/

I do, I do. That is for my 5 (now 4) exams though. And It's only because I genuinely enjoy the subjects, so I don't find it too painful.
I love organic, but only because the teacher I had for it was f*cking amazing! I know a lot of people really hate it, it must be like marmite. :P

Quick Reply

Latest