Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by mpc1
What do you plan to firm and insurance?

Just noticed you had withdrawn LSE? Is it because you are sure you dont want to choose it as either your firm or insurance option?

I plan to firm Cambridge and insure Warwick, didn't want to wait since it wasn't going to be one of my choices (LSE)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2361
Visited LSE yesterday. Got home and received a rejection through UCAS track lol. Ironic... I applied for law. Gutted, really liked the place.
Reply 2362
Generally, how many people does LSE reject?
Reply 2363
Original post by lyeos
Visited LSE yesterday. Got home and received a rejection through UCAS track lol. Ironic... I applied for law. Gutted, really liked the place.

That really sucks :frown: hows ur other uni options?
Does anyone know the ratio of offers to place for the Math with/and Econ courses?
Reply 2365
Original post by faithxfaye
Generally, how many people does LSE reject?

That's some easy math:
19,000 applications
1,200 places
2.5 offers per place, so 3,000 offers overall

19,000 - 3,000 = 16,000 rejections :redface:
Reply 2366
Original post by amk933
That's some easy math:
19,000 applications
1,200 places
2.5 offers per place, so 3,000 offers overall

19,000 - 3,000 = 16,000 rejections :redface:

Where do you base the 2.5 offers per place ratio?
Reply 2367
It is the official LSE-announced ratio. There is a .pdf called "Applying to LSE" made by the university and on one of the pages the document clearly says, "approximately 2.5 offers are made per each place". :smile:
Original post by lyeos

I'm so sorry about the bad news. Where else have u applied. If u don't mind sharing, when did you send your ucas off, and what are your grades?
Reply 2369
Got my rejection yesterday for government... was a long, long shot anyway
Original post by amk933
It is the official LSE-announced ratio. There is a .pdf called "Applying to LSE" made by the university and on one of the pages the document clearly says, "approximately 2.5 offers are made per each place". :smile:

More offers than places, why?
Original post by Fofo
Got my rejection yesterday for government... was a long, long shot anyway

Sorry m8, what are your grades?
Original post by paul.walker9090
More offers than places, why?

Because many of the applicants have also applied to Oxbridge and will probably just put LSE down as an insurance. Hence they give out more offers. :smile:
Original post by nightmare91
Because many of the applicants have also applied to Oxbridge and will probably just put LSE down as an insurance. Hence they give out more offers. :smile:

That's really good! Which course have u applied to?
Ouch, it seems like yesterday was a big rejection day! Thank god they haven't rejected me (yet) on my birthday otherwise that would have been bad following an Oxford rejection :L And hearing that most people who have been rejected have more or less the same (/higher) GCSEs than me is not very reassuring either :no:
LSE, if you're going to reject me, please do it sooner rather than later? :redface:

Original post by lyeos

Awww I seriously feel for you :hugs: Best of luck for all your other choices though! :redface:
But just outta interest, what was LSE like?
(edited 12 years ago)
Does lse offer/reject on weekends?
Original post by kenan and kel
2a* 6a 3b

a* (economics)
a (maths)
b (history)

you?

Just my "bonus" choice really, was expecting the rejection.

5 a* 5a, a*aa
Reply 2377
I have a question...

What happens if I have never taken GCSE's?
I go to an American international school and we follow the US curriculum up to 10th grade, so there are no external examinations whatsoever. From 11th grade on we follow the IB curriculum and essentially the only academic part of my application, which LSE has, are some predicted IB points.

How do LSE admissions folks compare me to you? Any ideas?
Reply 2378
Original post by paul.walker9090
Sorry m8, what are your grades?

AS grades were AABBD, predictions were A*AAB

GCSE'S: 3A*s, 4A's, 2B's, 2C's

I know, shouldn't have applied in the first place, but at least I could say I gave it a shot . . .
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Fofo
AS grades were AABBD, predictions were A*AAB

GCSE'S: 3A*s, 4A's, 2B's, 2C's

I know, shouldn't have applied in the first place, but at least I could say I gave it a shot . . .

I wouldn't call it a long long shot! :biggrin: your predicted grades are above the entry requirements and you did 4 subjects :hugs: But yeah LSE :fuhrer: at least you know now? Where are you hoping to go now :colone:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending