The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by thegodofgod
Anyway - I always thought that Soton gave out all offers / rejections at the end of the cycle :s-smilie:

Sorry don't get what your saying I'm a bit slow after revising chemistry from 6 this morning ...
Original post by rsp
Sorry don't get what your saying I'm a bit slow after revising chemistry from 6 this morning ...

No probs :tongue:

I thought that Southampton Medical School gave out all offers/rejections in one go like at the end of March, rather than having them trickle through :colondollar:
I think people have said on here before. The UKcat is mainly being used by soton as a means of cutting down on the number of applicants they have to go through if they score below 2300 (or something like that). So whilst a high UKcat might be advantageous, i dont think that it matters all that much.
From what i have heard, soton much rather that you have the personal attributes of a good doctor. So i imagine that a good personal statement and references will help you a long way.

I thought that Southampton Medical School gave out all offers/rejections in one go like at the end of March, rather than having them trickle through :colondollar:

Nope nope :redface: they trickle through from now until the end of March... if you look at the stalking page you'll see that a few people already have offers :smile:
Knowing my luck, they will be doing offers/rejections in alphabetical order. I really hope not - I might go insane :tongue:
Original post by sohaib34
I have got a ukcat of 668

Sorry I'm not sure what you're trying to say, are you pointing out you have offer? :confused:
I think the only thing you can go off in terms of when you'll hear from them is the previous year's thread, which seems pretty random really . People trying to spot patterns like alphabetical order, date UCAS was sent off or UKCAT score will drive themselves crazy :mad2:
Reply 1046
Original post by turnor123
Sorry I'm not sure what you're trying to say, are you pointing out you have offer? :confused:
I think the only thing you can go off in terms of when you'll hear from them is the previous year's thread, which seems pretty random really . People trying to spot patterns like alphabetical order, date UCAS was sent off or UKCAT score will drive themselves crazy :mad2:

No i am saying I have an offer and I also got a ukcat under 670. My surname starts with D if that helps.
Reply 1047

Yes, one of the first people (on TSR anyway) to get an offer was a re-sitter, flo448 :wink:
Definitely would be nice this time round to get a straight up offer :colondollar:

Ah crap, definitely starting to panic then!
Wouldn't it just, are you a re-applicant too?
Original post by sohaib34
No i am saying I have an offer and I also got a ukcat under 670. My surname starts with D if that helps.

Ah ok sorry, yeah I think it proves there isn't really any pattern about it, and annoying as it is, you've just got to wait your turn patiently :tea:
Well done on the offer btw!!! :biggrin:

Original post by GabbiWS
Ah crap, definitely starting to panic then!
Wouldn't it just, are you a re-applicant too?

Well quite a few re-applicants seem to have got offers already so it's all good!! And yep I am, it was the Chemistry that let me down, got AAB :sad: Only myself to blame though, it was stupid of me not to make sure I got the grades after all the effort for the offers! I won't be making that mistake again :rolleyes:
Reply 1049

Well quite a few re-applicants seem to have got offers already so it's all good!! And yep I am, it was the Chemistry that let me down, got AAB :sad: Only myself to blame though, it was stupid of me not to make sure I got the grades after all the effort for the offers! I won't be making that mistake again :rolleyes:

Ahh unlucky, I got the grades first time just not an offer so I'm hoping that'll work in my favour, A* in Chem too so fingers crossed, get so stressy reading that others have offers though! :frown:
Original post by GabbiWS
Ahh unlucky, I got the grades first time just not an offer so I'm hoping that'll work in my favour, A* in Chem too so fingers crossed, get so stressy reading that others have offers though! :frown:

Yeah it was a bit gutting it being so close but can't complain, its been a great year and hopefully it'll get better with an offer :crossedf: Yep it definitely should, if you've already passed the grade requirements that's better than predicted grades, and an A* in chemistry is always impressive! And last year I didnt hear anything till early February, then got two interview invites, so there's still plenty of time :smile:
Reply 1051

O okay thanks for being patient with my frizzled brain...I hate this trickle , trying to guess what the order is !
Reply 1052

Yeah it was a bit gutting it being so close but can't complain, its been a great year and hopefully it'll get better with an offer :crossedf: Yep it definitely should, if you've already passed the grade requirements that's better than predicted grades, and an A* in chemistry is always impressive! And last year I didnt hear anything till early February, then got two interview invites, so there's still plenty of time :smile:

At least there's still hope then, I'm worse because this time last year i'd had 3 interviews! But no news is good news I suppose! Good luck to yooou :smile:
Original post by GabbiWS
At least there's still hope then, I'm worse because this time last year i'd had 3 interviews! But no news is good news I suppose! Good luck to yooou :smile:

Haha well I'm the opposite, I was chuffed to hear from Peninsula before christmas :tongue: But no doubt you'll be hearing very soon, and hopfefully it will be good news! :goodluck:
I still haven't heard anything from any of the uni's I've applied to
Reply 1055
Original post by Nnuunnuu

Where have you applied?
Reply 1056
Original post by Nnuunnuu

I thought it was just me.
Original post by myyrh
Where have you applied?

Imperial, Liverpool, Leeds, and Southampton
Original post by Botxa
I thought it was just me.

aw I thought it was just me .. where have you applied?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1059
All this waiting is making me feel like my universities are never actually going to reply!!
Im not even expecting any emails any more.. its like it would be too good to be true :frown:

Quick Reply