The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Open Day Attendees!

Just booked my flights and place for the 25th February Open Day with LUMS, will be going to the Economics and perhaps Accounting & Finance talks and hopefully exploring Lancaster town on the previous day/night :biggrin:

Anyone else attending the Jan/Feb/March dates?
Reply 1
They'll put the ECON and AC.F talks in the Management School in order to impress you :P It's probably helpful to know that Economics lectures are in George Fox which isn't in the Management School building (not sure about ACF) as they tend to reserve the Management School lecture theaters for special events.

But, don't be put off by that. The lecture theaters in the management school are far nicer than you would ever want/need. All the other lecture theaters aren't quite as awesome but are still pretty nice (apart from perhaps george fox, you have to sit at the back if your over 5 foot)

Apart from that, the Campus is damn impressive on the first few visits so enjoy it :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Davott
They'll put the ECON and AC.F talks in the Management School in order to impress you :P It's probably helpful to know that Economics lectures are in George Fox which isn't in the Management School building (not sure about ACF) as they tend to reserve the Management School lecture theaters for special events.

But, don't be put off by that. The lecture theaters in the management school are far nicer than you would ever want/need. All the other lecture theaters aren't quite as awesome but are still pretty nice (apart from perhaps george fox, you have to sit at the back if your over 5 foot)

Apart from that, the Campus is damn impressive on the first few visits so enjoy it :smile:

Lol, from memory even the Computer Science lectures were in the Management School. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by `Chris
Lol, from memory even the Computer Science lectures were in the Management School. :tongue:

That'll be in lecture theaters 4-8 that are quite small (like 100 people max) whereas ECON lectures are about 250-300 people.
Reply 4
ACF lectures are normally in George Fox or Elizabeth Livingston.
Reply 5
Original post by Davott
That'll be in lecture theaters 4-8 that are quite small (like 100 people max) whereas ECON lectures are about 250-300 people.

No - I meant the open day ones, I was agreeing with you. :tongue: The normal ones aren't in there. :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by `Chris
No - I meant the open day ones, I was agreeing with you. :tongue: The normal ones aren't in there. :wink:

Woops :P Fair enough
That is good to know! I'm an offer holder for Econ L101 and I was planning on just choosing accommodation on proximity to lectures. Explain about sitting at the back if over 5 foot in George Fox? I imagine most undergraduates to be over 5 foot.
Original post by North Irelandman
That is good to know! I'm an offer holder for Econ L101 and I was planning on just choosing accommodation on proximity to lectures. Explain about sitting at the back if over 5 foot in George Fox? I imagine most undergraduates to be over 5 foot.

I can only assume that Davott meant 6 foot and it was a typo...

I'm 5 foot 2 inches and I used to like to sit at the front in George Fox because I couldn't see
My flatmate who is 6 foot 4 inches used to sit right at the back because he didn't want to be obstructing anyone's view.
Most other lecture theatres (Elizabeth Livingstone for example) have seating that is on a slope, so you're higher up than the people in front of you and can see fine.
Reply 9
Original post by minimarshmallow
I can only assume that Davott meant 6 foot and it was a typo...

I'm 5 foot 2 inches and I used to like to sit at the front in George Fox because I couldn't see
My flatmate who is 6 foot 4 inches used to sit right at the back because he didn't want to be obstructing anyone's view.
Most other lecture theatres (Elizabeth Livingstone for example) have seating that is on a slope, so you're higher up than the people in front of you and can see fine.

Sadly not a typo :P Was just exaggerating slightly. The seats on the floor have so little legroom, I would have to cut my kneecaps off to sit comfortably. The seats at the back on the slope only just have enough room but I still have to sit like I'm constipated.

And I'm only 6"2.
Oh man that doesn't sound good, I'm just over 6"1 at the moment. Oh well, hopefully the quality of the lectures will be worth the discomfort :tongue:
I'm attending the March 3rd open day for History and Politics, I'm really looking forward to it! I'll decide on which to have as my firm choice after the visits, currently torn between Leicester and Lancaster!

Quick Reply

Latest