The Student Room Group

has anyone ever had 4 interviews?

im on a gap year and applying to medicine, boredoms taking over right now.. i was curious if anyone has ever had 4/4 interviews for medicine in the same year? I personally don't know of this, but then again where I'm from, I could probably count all the medical applicants for the past 5 years on one hand. Also, has anyone had 3 interviews AND not been made a single offer?

:smile:
Yeah I know loads of people whose had that. Mainly three of them happen to be between Oxbridge, UCL, and Imperial because they have done well on BMAT and then the last one usually BHAM or Kings.
Reply 2
..and if so, how common is it? I've read on here many times that soemthing like 65% of applicants get 0 offers. So most people that do get in, have they aced 1 interview? Just wanting to know the chances.. :smile:
Reply 3
I have been offered 4 interviews. Went for three but sadly can't make the last one. I have one offer (conditional on IELTS) so far. I'm currently on a gap year too and applied for 2013 entry.

I think with regards to chances, you should just stay hopeful and not try to think so much of the probability of getting an interview/offer. Instead, cater more time to preparing for your interview so that it goes smoothly.
Reply 4
Got 4 interviews and 3 offers! (my swansea one was off the waiting list as well) But, bear in mind that in total I've applied to 12 places, had a total of 7 interviews, and 9 rejections. The experience that I got, through both three UCAS cycles and life in general, plus applying to places that suit your strengths, definitely helped.

Plus, you only need 1.
Reply 5
My friend got 4 Interviews at Oxbridge, Imperial and 2 other top Unis, and he REJECTED the offer from Inperial because he had a better offer.
A friend of mine has had 4 interviews (will have his last one soon) - Nottingham, Kings, Birmingham and UCL, with offers of AAA from the first 3.
Yeah, I don't think it's as rare as you'd imagine. People with excellent all round applications meet the criteria everywhere. I know one guy with 3 offers and 4 interviews, another with 4 interviews...
Yeah I have 4. I applied based on my strengths and my personal statement was the best thing I'd ever written. I also already have my grades. Still shocked though.

I know someone who had 4 interviews and 0 offers. I'm freaking out that it could be me this year!
Reply 9
Yeah, I had 4 interviews this year and like flying saucers, just applied to my strengths but am still shocked.
Good luck. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by Sorro10
My friend got 4 Interviews at Oxbridge, Imperial and 2 other top Unis, and he REJECTED the offer from Inperial because he had a better offer.

Pah, no such thing! :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Original post by rozca
im on a gap year and applying to medicine, boredoms taking over right now.. i was curious if anyone has ever had 4/4 interviews for medicine in the same year? I personally don't know of this, but then again where I'm from, I could probably count all the medical applicants for the past 5 years on one hand. Also, has anyone had 3 interviews AND not been made a single offer?

Yeah my girlfriend has 4 interviews from Liverpool, Nottingham, Newcastle and Manchester.

With an offer from Manc.
Reply 12
I had 4 interviews this yea,r first application so far had one offer and one rejection but my offer is from my top choice so yeah pretty happy only need one offer :smile:
Reply 13
I've had 4 interviews this year, and 2 offers.. just waiting on the last 2!
Reply 14
Original post by rozca

So many of my school mates did. All 4 and didn't get one offer. However, they were immature imbeciles and "immaturity" was the actual word used in their feedback.
Original post by Talexe
Pah, no such thing! :rolleyes:

I agree. Imperial is where its at, in London of course. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending