The Student Room Group

C4 AQA January 2012 - but did you die?

I died.

Not many people take the paper, but those of us who did, found it rediculously hard. I did almost all the past papers available, but that wasn't enough.

All the questions were difficult. I even ran out of time. If anybody took it, anybody, please tell me what you thought of it.
Reply 1
Yep I found it difficult and ran out of time. Tbh I gave up half way through (had D1 before C4 so had no energy left :biggrin:).
Reply 2
What! This exam was like a piece of cake. :smile: I finished it pretty early. Wasn't that bad but I guess the mark for an A* is about 70/75. Think I deffo got like 100 ums :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 3
I thought it was pretty easy, there were a few marks I know I dropped but it wasn't terrible. However, it was a resit. It made me slightly happier after I completed messed up fp3.
Reply 4
The grade boundaries for January C4 would be higher than in June. More people do it at june but only a select number do it in January, most of whome do further maths which makes them more capable than an average maths student.

Does anyone remember the equation of the tangent from the parametric equations question?

Y-12=-16(x-0.25) ??

I found the rates of change question easiest tbh.

And how did you guys integrate xsin(3x)? I tried to use identities but then thought It's goIng to take too long, might as well do integration by parts.

The vectors question was so so easy, but shame I ran out of time which stopped me calculating D, even though I worked out the value of Lambda (3/2?)

I'd most certainly like to hear from the cocky super-intelligent brains who claim the paper was a peice of cake.
Reply 5
Original post by ANTI-GADDAFI
The grade boundaries for January C4 would be higher than in June. More people do it at june but only a select number do it in January, most of whome do further maths which makes them more capable than an average maths student.

I'd most certainly like to hear from the cocky super-intelligent brains who claim the paper was a peice of cake.

Oh no, that is not good news for me.... :cry:

I didn't think it was rock hard based on previous papers, cos i struggle with this module anyway, only learnt it the past 2 weeks. Although i was doing better on the others than this one, so i guess i did find it somewhat harder and I soooo ran out of time.

The questions i answered i'm pretty sure are 100% so i counted my marks up and only about 45 eeek,
I really didn't even answer much else, so doubt i'll scrape many more up.

For some reason I couldn't do the Exponential growth question, first part ok find A and 2nd part fine can't remember what.

But i couldn't work out questions based on the 2 different formulas, like ' t ' when they would be equal etc. And didn't get time to try the 6 mark vector.

And trig identities which i'm normally fine with, i couldn't do to make look like the cubic equation,
so then couldn't do the next bit either
arghhhhh
lost so so so many marks on not being able to even attempt.

I pray the boundaries are slightly lower, and now pray that i did better than i thought in C3.

I want to cry!!!
the paper took a long time! i reckon i could do every question in good time but i had no time to go back and do the questions i skipped
Reply 7
Original post by mattlawrence94
the paper took a long time! i reckon i could do every question in good time but i had no time to go back and do the questions i skipped

yeah i think if i had more time to just look at it, wouldve done a better job,

why is it that in all practice papers, you do inside of 90 mins, but always run out of time in real exam??
maybe i just try to write too clearly and neat in exam and it eats up my time, thats all i can think off, damn it!!! lol:mad:
Reply 8
Anyone have the paper or remember the questions? I'll do a full mark scheme if so.
Reply 9
Well I found it difficult, but I hadn't even looked at the course :L

But uh, the other people at my school that actually did study for it found it really hard as well.
how do you do the binomial question? the last bit getting cuberoot of 100 ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending