The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2012 Applicants.

There doesn't appear to be one for 2012 for Queens, so just thought I would make one!

Just wanted a place to discuss all things Queens 2012 whether it be UCAS, Offers, Rejections, Courses, Subjects, whatever really :biggrin:

I'll start of with, I'm at Belfast Met at the minute doing a Queens access in Humanities course.

So far my offers are:

Queens,
Criminology- Conditional (70% on access course)

Queens,
Criminology and Sociology- Conditional (70% access course)

Queens,
Sociology- Conditional (65% access course)
:crossedf:
Still waiting to hear back from UUJ.

Looking forward to hearing from others, Good luck everyone :biggrin:

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HideFromTheGuns
There doesn't appear to be one for 2012 for Queens, so just thought I would make one!

Just wanted a place to discuss all things Queens 2012 whether it be UCAS, Offers, Rejections, Courses, Subjects, whatever really :biggrin:

I'll start of with, I'm at Belfast Met at the minute doing a Queens access in Humanities course.

So far my offers are:

Queens,
Criminology- Conditional (70% on access course)

Queens,
Criminology and Sociology- Conditional (70% access course)

Queens,
Sociology- Conditional (65% access course)
:crossedf:
Still waiting to hear back from UUJ.

Looking forward to hearing from others, Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Congrats, if I don't get in down south I'll be seeing you at QUB in September. I have an offer for Actuarial Science and Risk Management AAAa :smile:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
I have an offer for French and Spanish - BBC. :smile:
Awesome :biggrin: Congrats to you guys!!
Reply 4
Hoping to get an offer for Biochemistry! (Firm) Ah the waiting!
Hello everyone! :smile:
I've got 3 offers from Queens (English, English and History & History - all ABB), although I still don't know which one to firm :frown:
Reply 6
Postgrad offer in Drama and Performance! Looks like I might be flying over to Belfast and leaving NYC
Reply 7
Got an offer for a MA in Comparative Ethnic Conflict. Still waiting for other schools to reply, but I'm very much interested in Queen's. :smile:
Reply 8
OP: I am waiting for Queens to offer me a place on the History & Politics, i'm an access student too but in England, we don't do it by %, its; pass/merit/distinction. Do you know how it's comparitively graded, e.g 70% is merit etc?
Reply 9
I got an offer for English and History BBB! :biggrin: though haven't decided whether I want to stay in Belfast yet.
I've got conditional offers for Criminology at queens, sociology at queens and sociology and criminology at queens aswell!! :-) Still waiting on Jordanstown and Edinburgh though, but Queens is first choice anyway :-D
Offer for Philosophy and Politics, BBB! :biggrin:
Original post by la-penseur
I got an offer for English and History BBB! :biggrin: though haven't decided whether I want to stay in Belfast yet.

Stay! We could be friends in a few months time :wink: hahaha (oh that sounds so creepy... not meant in a creepy way at all :tongue:)
Reply 13
Offer for History BBC :smile: but I'm not sure about moving to Belfast yet....
Original post by f.nabs
Offer for History BBC :smile: but I'm not sure about moving to Belfast yet....

You should definitely consider it :smile: It's a lovely city and quite homely, although much smaller than probably what you're used to :tongue:
Don't let NI's history put you off though, every so often something happens but it's the same in every city! 99% of the time everything's fine :smile:
Oh, and usually people are fairly friendly, haha.
Original post by snailsareslimy
Stay! We could be friends in a few months time :wink: hahaha (oh that sounds so creepy... not meant in a creepy way at all :tongue:)

Haha, that's true! In that case I better stay! :wink::laugh: I really am starting to chicken out of going to England though :frown:
Haha, that's true! In that case I better stay! :wink::laugh: I really am starting to chicken out of going to England though :frown:

Waay! :wink:
Haha, I've never had the guts to leave... the only place I'd want to go would be London but I don't think shopping/made in chelsea stalking is a good enough reason for that :tongue:
Where else have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Waay! :wink:
Haha, I've never had the guts to leave... the only place I'd want to go would be London but I don't think shopping/made in chelsea stalking is a good enough reason for that :tongue:
Where else have you applied for? :smile:

Exeter, Southampton and Glasgow, yet I know nothing about any of them :P You? Also are you going to that English open day thing in March?
Exeter, Southampton and Glasgow, yet I know nothing about any of them :P You? Also are you going to that English open day thing in March?

Nice :smile: Was gonna apply to Glasgow but the open day put me off :frown: plus the hill annoyed me (wee bit lazy haha). Lovely city though! (Also I've just applied to QUB x3, Ulster and then Stirling randomly, purely because it had rabbits and hills, no joke).
And yeah, I didn't go to the English talk in September because I was at the History one so I'm going with my friend to find out more/hopefully meet a few people :smile:
Currently have an offer for BSc Psychology at ABB. Currently stuck between firming this, or Psychology at Heriot Watt. Both are ABB. :frown:

Quick Reply