The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
When does the IR department give out offers to Home EU/UK applicants? :smile:
I sent my application on October 14 and still no info...
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
has anyone had a psychology offer recently?
Reply 1002
Original post by amk933
When does the IR department give out offers to Home EU/UK applicants? :smile:
I sent my application on October 14 and still no info...

I sent mine on November 4th. I hear St. Andrews is one of the slowest universities to reply... I also applied with IR (and social anthropology) and am so impatient to hear back from them (even though I'm not very optimistic, but hope dies last haha)

Where are you from by the way?
Reply 1003
Original post by rose.3445

I got mine last week!
Original post by rose.3445

one week ago!
Reply 1005
Original post by Phia7
I hate waiting. :woo:
Which societies would you join? there are sooo many

Just noticed that Green is in your signature :wink:
Original post by Evan7788
Pagan religion society looks interesting...

I know the president, she's my academic step mum and awesome :smile:
Original post by elliegra
Found out last week I was accepted into Psychology!

I'm excited but not positive that is where I will go or not. I am American so it is so far away from home and I haven't had the chance to visit :frown:

anyone else for psychology?!

Hi! :biggrin:

I only applied a week or so ago but I'm also an American applicant for psychology who is worried about visiting if given an offer :frown:

Where are you from?
Reply 1007
Original post by cricket123
Hi! :biggrin:

I only applied a week or so ago but I'm also an American applicant for psychology who is worried about visiting if given an offer :frown:

Where are you from?

heyy i am from virginia. what about you? i really wish i could visit, but already have spring break plans and my parents don't want me to miss a lot of school :frown: sigh...
Original post by elliegra
heyy i am from virginia. what about you? i really wish i could visit, but already have spring break plans and my parents don't want me to miss a lot of school :frown: sigh...

Jersey girl here :smile:
does St. Andrews have open days in June? You may be able to go then... Or you can go another day and ask for an individual tour.
Just visiting would be really expensive for me so we'll have to wait and see :/
Reply 1009
Jersey girl here :smile:
does St. Andrews have open days in June? You may be able to go then... Or you can go another day and ask for an individual tour.

The dates for the current academic year are:

15th February 2012

21st March 2012

11th April 2012

18th April 2012

There is none in June because the academic year ends in May, and none in May because we'll be busy with exams etc. But yes, if you can make it to a Visiting Day, then by all means come :smile:
anybody had an offer from chemistry yet?
Reply 1011
Original post by lora_s
I sent mine on November 4th. I hear St. Andrews is one of the slowest universities to reply... I also applied with IR (and social anthropology) and am so impatient to hear back from them (even though I'm not very optimistic, but hope dies last haha)

Where are you from by the way?

Bulgaria, too, but I don't go to a Bulgarian school... :smile:
Reply 1012

Does St. Andrews have open days in June? You may be able to go then... Or you can go another day and ask for an individual tour.

As Sappho said, there are specific dates but none in June because they'll basically be no one here. But you can get individual tours and chat to potential lecturers etc. Click here and scroll down towards the bottom and read about what you do if you're international. :smile:
Reply 1013
How many of us are going to play golf in St Andrews?
Reply 1014
Original post by Domiant

I would like to try, I have only been on the driving range, hopefully there will be student discounts. Looking forward to the Rugby team if I get to go to St.Andrews.

sooo STOKED!
Reply 1015
Original post by joshwhitley

Original post by joshwhitley
anybody had an offer from chemistry yet?

I have heard nothing from Chemistry!
Has anyone else received an email regarding 'Gateway to Physics and Engineering', they want me to come and visit on the 2nd or 3rd of February but i have prelims on those days. I'm not sure if this is a personal or mass email, i only applied to the course to fill my choices as my personal statement and application as a whole is geared towards Geology.

Can someone enlighten me? :smile:
Reply 1017
Original post by Domiant

ME what's yr handicap?:smile:
Original post by Evan7788
Has anyone else received an email regarding 'Gateway to Physics and Engineering', they want me to come and visit on the 2nd or 3rd of February but i have prelims on those days. I'm not sure if this is a personal or mass email, i only applied to the course to fill my choices as my personal statement and application as a whole is geared towards Geology.

Can someone enlighten me? :smile:

I know they've invited people in past years for that course. Just let them know you have prelims so are unable to attend, I think it's mainly just to get to know the course and department a bit more.
Original post by Ecosse_14
I know they've invited people in past years for that course. Just let them know you have prelims so are unable to attend, I think it's mainly just to get to know the course and department a bit more.

Thanks for the reply, very useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending