Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Lancaster 2012 Open Day Attendees!

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just booked my flights and place for the 25th February Open Day with LUMS, will be going to the Economics and perhaps Accounting & Finance talks and hopefully exploring Lancaster town on the previous day/night

Anyone else attending the Jan/Feb/March dates?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    They'll put the ECON and AC.F talks in the Management School in order to impress you :P It's probably helpful to know that Economics lectures are in George Fox which isn't in the Management School building (not sure about ACF) as they tend to reserve the Management School lecture theaters for special events.

But, don't be put off by that. The lecture theaters in the management school are far nicer than you would ever want/need. All the other lecture theaters aren't quite as awesome but are still pretty nice (apart from perhaps george fox, you have to sit at the back if your over 5 foot)

Apart from that, the Campus is damn impressive on the first few visits so enjoy it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davott)
    They'll put the ECON and AC.F talks in the Management School in order to impress you :P It's probably helpful to know that Economics lectures are in George Fox which isn't in the Management School building (not sure about ACF) as they tend to reserve the Management School lecture theaters for special events.

But, don't be put off by that. The lecture theaters in the management school are far nicer than you would ever want/need. All the other lecture theaters aren't quite as awesome but are still pretty nice (apart from perhaps george fox, you have to sit at the back if your over 5 foot)

Apart from that, the Campus is damn impressive on the first few visits so enjoy it
    Lol, from memory even the Computer Science lectures were in the Management School.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Chris)
    Lol, from memory even the Computer Science lectures were in the Management School.
    That'll be in lecture theaters 4-8 that are quite small (like 100 people max) whereas ECON lectures are about 250-300 people.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ACF lectures are normally in George Fox or Elizabeth Livingston.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davott)
    That'll be in lecture theaters 4-8 that are quite small (like 100 people max) whereas ECON lectures are about 250-300 people.
    No - I meant the open day ones, I was agreeing with you. The normal ones aren't in there.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Chris)
    No - I meant the open day ones, I was agreeing with you. The normal ones aren't in there.
    Woops :P Fair enough
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    That is good to know! I'm an offer holder for Econ L101 and I was planning on just choosing accommodation on proximity to lectures. Explain about sitting at the back if over 5 foot in George Fox? I imagine most undergraduates to be over 5 foot.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by North Irelandman)
    That is good to know! I'm an offer holder for Econ L101 and I was planning on just choosing accommodation on proximity to lectures. Explain about sitting at the back if over 5 foot in George Fox? I imagine most undergraduates to be over 5 foot.
    I can only assume that Davott meant 6 foot and it was a typo...

I'm 5 foot 2 inches and I used to like to sit at the front in George Fox because I couldn't see
    My flatmate who is 6 foot 4 inches used to sit right at the back because he didn't want to be obstructing anyone's view.
    Most other lecture theatres (Elizabeth Livingstone for example) have seating that is on a slope, so you're higher up than the people in front of you and can see fine.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    I can only assume that Davott meant 6 foot and it was a typo...

I'm 5 foot 2 inches and I used to like to sit at the front in George Fox because I couldn't see
    My flatmate who is 6 foot 4 inches used to sit right at the back because he didn't want to be obstructing anyone's view.
    Most other lecture theatres (Elizabeth Livingstone for example) have seating that is on a slope, so you're higher up than the people in front of you and can see fine.
    Sadly not a typo :P Was just exaggerating slightly. The seats on the floor have so little legroom, I would have to cut my kneecaps off to sit comfortably. The seats at the back on the slope only just have enough room but I still have to sit like I'm constipated.

And I'm only 6"2.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh man that doesn't sound good, I'm just over 6"1 at the moment. Oh well, hopefully the quality of the lectures will be worth the discomfort
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm attending the March 3rd open day for History and Politics, I'm really looking forward to it! I'll decide on which to have as my firm choice after the visits, currently torn between Leicester and Lancaster!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 25, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.