The Student Room Group

Medicine Offers Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twelve
Yeahh, there was no contest really. I loved Newcastle probably just as much, but the distance is a problem. I just wouldn't be able to afford to come home for the weekend because of trai prices, which would mean I couldn't come back to work like I can with Sheffield. It was horrible withdrawing from the other two, but there we go. Now I can relax and make plans :biggrin:

Did you not want to find out whether you would have got offers from Newcastle and Peninsula?
Congrats btw!
Reply 41
Original post by groovyangel2008
Did you not want to find out whether you would have got offers from Newcastle and Peninsula?
Congrats btw!

I did want to know, I'll admit. But then I thought about it, and realised that I'd only want to know if they were going to give me offers. If they were going to reject me, I'd rather be kept in the dark :P It was swings and roundabouts really, and seeing as I'd have chosen sheff no matter what, I thought I might as well get it sorted now :smile:
Reply 42
Can finally be here. :woo:
Feels so weird, and unbelievable.
Congrats to everyone on here too. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by twelve
Wooo I can be on here now :biggrin::biggrin: Yayyy

Just wanted to say congrats :biggrin:
Knew how much u loved sheffield and ur app was amazing :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by apple17

Well done apple! All that UKCAT prep really paid off eh? :wink:
Reply 45
Original post by cz100
Well done apple! All that UKCAT prep really paid off eh? :wink:

Definitely. :wink:
Even though I didn't get a good score. :cry:
Congrats on cambridge. :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by apple17
Definitely. :wink:
Even though I didn't get a good score. :cry:
Congrats on cambridge. :biggrin:

Thank you :awesome:
I'm just happy that at least somewhere wants me this year!
Reply 47
Original post by cz100
Thank you :awesome:
I'm just happy that at least somewhere wants me this year!

Same, my whole family was against the idea of me applying to KCL. Apparently, i was the least person they expected to be a doctor, so the offer meant so much :biggrin:
Are you doing jan exams atm?
Reply 48
Original post by apple17
Same, my whole family was against the idea of me applying to KCL. Apparently, i was the least person they expected to be a doctor, so the offer meant so much :biggrin:
Are you doing jan exams atm?

I am, had C3 last Tuesday, physics yesterday, biology this morning and chemistry tomorrow. :work:
Reply 49
Original post by cz100
I am, had C3 last Tuesday, physics yesterday, biology this morning and chemistry tomorrow. :work:

Oh,, so busy. Good luck, doing my math mocks this week and then chem and eng nextt week. :laugh:
Apparently, biology was really bad, some people said fluffy/too many weird questions?
Reply 50
Original post by apple17
Oh,, so busy. Good luck, doing my math mocks this week and then chem and eng nextt week. :laugh:
Apparently, biology was really bad, some people said fluffy/too many weird questions?

It was a tough paper yeah. But are you talking about the CCEA paper? Just not many people are on the CCEA board.
Also physics yesterday... must have been the first time I've had to apply the E=mc^2 equation to a cup of coffee.
Reply 51
Original post by cz100
It was a tough paper yeah. But are you talking about the CCEA paper? Just not many people are on the CCEA board.
Also physics yesterday... must have been the first time I've had to apply the E=mc^2 equation to a cup of coffee.

Nah, I do IB personally but the people were talking about OCR and AQA.
That must have been fun :lol: You guys really do have a "variety" of questions.
Reply 52
Original post by apple17
Nah, I do IB personally but the people were talking about OCR and AQA.
That must have been fun :lol: You guys really do have a "variety" of questions.

CCEA is famous for putting random info in their questions, but that coffee one was completely new.
Just looking at the chemistry past paper in front of me now: The flame colour of rubidium is red, which led it to be named after the Latin word rubidos, which means red. Describe how you would carry out a flame test using rubidium oxide. :facepalm:
Reply 53
Original post by cz100
CCEA is famous for putting random info in their questions, but that coffee one was completely new.
Just looking at the chemistry past paper in front of me now: The flame colour of rubidium is red, which led it to be named after the Latin word rubidos, which means red. Describe how you would carry out a flame test using rubidium oxide. :facepalm:

:console: Aww, good luck. Hope you get the mark you want :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by apple17

Another KCL! :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by hslakaal
Another KCL! :biggrin:

:five: Its my firm :smile:
grades permitting, next year is going to be SIMPLY awesome :biggrin:
I can now join this thread too! Got an offer for King's 4 year this evening :smile: completely shocked! well done to everyone on here!
Reply 57
Original post by FrenziedPenguin
I can now join this thread too! Got an offer for King's 4 year this evening :smile: completely shocked! well done to everyone on here!

Well done for both the offer and KCL. :five:
Reply 58
Original post by apple17
:five: Its my firm :smile:
grades permitting, next year is going to be SIMPLY awesome :biggrin:

If none of my other applications reply me in a positive manner, I'll be joining you :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by hslakaal
If none of my other applications reply me in a positive manner, I'll be joining you :biggrin:

Hope you get UCL/or the States, if not, it will always be awesome at KCL. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest