The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Last summer was because he got 50 million from fabregas and nasri, out of that 50 million he got, he spent 30 million of it and banked the rest. Classic arsenal to do this. Since you have a top class manager this wouldn't happen to you, but chelsea had a situation like this when they were challenging for honours in the 1970's like you guys are now and got cups, they nearly ended up in the 3rd tier and almost went bust. I fear for arsenal, there's only so much that wenger can do.

That would never happen to Arsenal. The whole point we don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on players is so we don't go bust and end up relegated.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
That would never happen to Arsenal. The whole point we don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on players is so we don't go bust and end up relegated.

Yeah I know that, newcastle have done the same thing, but do you think your team is progressing? You're selling your key players, the players coming in aren't as good as the players before although they have been doing well so far, newcastle sold their best player and got someone even better for free and have strengthened their team using that money. Although you have a bad share of injuries, look at united, their crisis was so bad they had to get a 37 year old out of retirement. Henry didn't really need to come to arsenal.
I don't think you'll get relegated or go bust obviously, but do you think you're progressing as a team since 05, I would say in 05, arsenal, milan and chelsea were the best teams in the world. Would you say that you are anywhere near that level now?

I can say this now and you win the champions league in style and I eat my words obviously. It's like valencia 2 years ago, their strike force was amazing, had they got soldado then and kept their players, they would be a force in europe.

Also, the chelsea problems in the 1970's wasn't about buying loads of players with money we don't have like it was for leeds, it was about moving to a new stadium, which is why you're banking all the money you get probably.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3022
Original post by Numan786
i reckon park shouldve come on for walcott

Walcott is always a threat so he kept him on, Arshavin djourou lost us the game, from just **** defending
Reply 3024
There is a lot of speculation with regards to Lille agreeing an exclusive deal with Arsenal regarding Eden Hazard. Anyone got any more info - there is a lot of commentary on twitter about this.
Original post by gunit123
There is a lot of speculation with regards to Lille agreeing an exclusive deal with Arsenal regarding Eden Hazard. Anyone got any more info - there is a lot of commentary on twitter about this.

Apparently Eden Hazard said moving to Arsenal would be a step back in his career. Why would there be an exclusive deal if that is true?
Reply 3026
Am I the only one around who likes Arshavin?
Apparently Eden Hazard said moving to Arsenal would be a step back in his career. Why would there be an exclusive deal if that is true?

His agent said that, although various (fairly reputable) sources on Twitter say we are indeed in negotiations.

People have been talking about the Park transfer and how Lille were 'pissed off' with us - apparently that was at Park for choosing to leave rather than at us for negotiating.

Some quotes from Hazard himself:

"With all respect for Chelsea I'd love to join a club with history like Arsenal and Liverpool."

Many of the more reputable Arsenal people are saying that there's been interest and an enquiry, but no formal bid just yet - so talk of him being in London for contract negotiations is probably false.
Reply 3028
Original post by gunit123

Probably *******s mate if twitter was right then we signed Samba about 24 times a day in the summer and Mata did about 14 medicals
I personally despise Mourinho, so no.

I find him to be an arrogant, confrontational, petulant ****.
Reply 3031
Original post by marcusmerehay
I personally despise Mourinho, so no.

I find him to be an arrogant, confrontational, petulant ****.

not on the wind up here but those three could very easily describe our wonderful leader arsene
Original post by alexsong
not on the wind up here but those three could very easily describe our wonderful leader arsene

To quote a famous TV advert, why have something that's like a Wenger when you can have a Wenger?

Mourinho, along with Redknapp, is one of the few managers I never, ever want to see at this club.

I am completely against everything Mourinho stands for. He is despicable. He is classless, he makes his teams play **** football and he still can't beat Barca despite spending £200 million in the 2 seasons he has been there.

EDIT: That article is horribly inaccurate and incoherent. That guy is clearly a fool and his premise is non-existent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by marcusmerehay
His agent said that, although various (fairly reputable) sources on Twitter say we are indeed in negotiations.

People have been talking about the Park transfer and how Lille were 'pissed off' with us - apparently that was at Park for choosing to leave rather than at us for negotiating.

Some quotes from Hazard himself:

Many of the more reputable Arsenal people are saying that there's been interest and an enquiry, but no formal bid just yet - so talk of him being in London for contract negotiations is probably false.

Well if his agent said that, I'm pretty sure he will do his best to stop Hazard coming to us.

If this is true then it may be as a result of the Man utd game where Arshavin was extremely poor. Maybe it is time to get his successor.

Btw, I heard Liverpool are interested in him. If so, we are screwed. They valued Carroll at £35 million, imagine how much they would offer for Hazard. Possibly £80 million. We just can't compete with that.
One doing the rounds on Twitter:

"How come Harry Redknapp can open a bank account in his dog's name, yet I need three forms of ID to rent a carpet cleaner from B&Q?"
Apparently Twitter has it, Hazard was in London. However he was not there to sign for Arsenal but to sign for Tottenham. According to Twitter, they had a £40 million bid accepted.
Apparently Twitter has it, Hazard was in London. However he was not there to sign for Arsenal but to sign for Tottenham. According to Twitter, they had a £40 million bid accepted.

please tell me your joking.
You guys are mental for entertaining this garbage. You're the reason these nothing journos keep making **** up.

Latest