The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm anon #2 again! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Exam today went okay actually. Zoned out a few times but apart from that it went quite well. Not going to say I did really well because the last time I thought that I failed miserably.

Anon 2! :hugs:
I am the reincarnated anon 42!

Spoiler

Glad the exam was alright, well done for getting through it!

Annoying when your lecturer runs 10 minutes over and your following lecture is the other end of campus. Hope the notes at the start weren't too important.
Reply 41
Original post by kka25
I'm sorry to hear this :frown:

:console:

This is what I'm afraid of. Being treated differently :s-smilie:

How did they treat her differently if you don't mind me asking?

Well, I don't think her dad would have - but he died quite soon after.

With regards to her mum (who most likely has suffered from depression for years as far as we can figure) said some things which really didn't help at time...

Basically when her brother was being a bit of a dick and she got upset her mum would say it was just her depression (and other situations)... Not good when you feel your mum treats said brother like a child and yourself like a mother. Or at all tbh.

I would say that telling someone is a great help though - my wife always had me to talk to so she already had support. Plus she hated things like councilling - if that stuff helps you then having other people know can be a great help!

Employers have known in the past, the police for example - you have to tell them. And a few other care jobs that she got fine.
Subbing, had a mini heart attack as I do every time we need a new thread, ahah
Reply 43
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I have the same problem so I'm looking forward to the responses you receive.

I have an interview next Saturday for a role working with 17/18 year olds over the summer and they know nothing about my medications or diagnosis. I have a CRB check if I'm successful but honestly don't know what's going to happen regarding everything :frown:

She has had jobs in the past where she disclosed it, so I wouldn't worry too much. Its something to think about though.

Original post by Sabertooth
As far as my understanding goes, you don't have to disclose it but if you don't and later need adjustments because of it you don't have a leg to stand on. So yes I think it is legal for the employer to ask.

Well, the only thing that can go wrong is when she has a bad day and really can't go to work - which last time she was working was only a few days a year. I think I'm going to tell her not to disclose it...
Reply 44
Could not sleep last night, gone 6 at least when I went to sleep, only just got up. While I love sleep, I still have a lab report for tomorrow that doesn't seem to be doing itself :frown:

Also been convinced to go see a doctor, still not sure about it but at least it'll prove things one way or the other.

Mind is so restless at the moment, think I'm worse than ever.
Reply 45
Original post by Nut.
Oh man, diazepam is a medication of the Gods.

I just went outside in the daylight for the first time in months without feeling anxious.

Aaaand I have Bio-oil :awesome:.

This post makes me happy... And I will probably appreciate next time I go outside more!
Anon 2! :hugs:
I am the reincarnated anon 42!

Spoiler

Glad the exam was alright, well done for getting through it!

Annoying when your lecturer runs 10 minutes over and your following lecture is the other end of campus. Hope the notes at the start weren't too important.

Hi! :hugs:

Spoiler

Thanks :smile: I think I'm going to go to ASDA in a bit with my mum, get me out of the house.

There's a man on next door's roof and he can see straight into my room :eek:

Can't say I've ever been in that position before but well done for getting to lectures! :hugs:
So got up 10 minutes ago...
Going to dust off the treadmill put QI on the tv and do some running later me thinks :smile:

Might as well get some use out of it having spent money on it all those months ago :tongue: I have so much junk cluttering the place up, stuff I buy but never use. Like dvds and games, I have hundreds of them yet I've probably only watched/played around half of them. Need to try and regain some focus, at the moment I don't even get a quarter of a way through a game before I get bored of it and shove it in the bottom of my cupboard. Just have no patience for anything any more.
I always say the wrong ****ing thing. I've been having a few really good days up until just now. :cry:
Original post by misst911
Could not sleep last night, gone 6 at least when I went to sleep, only just got up. While I love sleep, I still have a lab report for tomorrow that doesn't seem to be doing itself :frown:

Also been convinced to go see a doctor, still not sure about it but at least it'll prove things one way or the other.

Mind is so restless at the moment, think I'm worse than ever.

Does it count toward your mark?
When is your appointment?
Really good call to see the doctor then, don't want things to continue to get worse. :hugs:
Hi! :hugs:

Spoiler

Thanks :smile: I think I'm going to go to ASDA in a bit with my mum, get me out of the house.

There's a man on next door's roof and he can see straight into my room :eek:

Can't say I've ever been in that position before but well done for getting to lectures! :hugs:

Spoiler

Sounds good, hope you get some yummy things.
Weird, could you close the curtains if he's freaking you out?

Just went on facebook and saw that teacher comment on a friends post. Brought up some unpleasent feelings. He commented that he agreed that people that make accounts for their pets should be shot, maybe he didn't reply to me because my profile picture is my rabbit?? Or probably just because he thinks I'm a freak. Tempted to comment on the post as well so he sees it, something crazy! Nah, I won't. God this pathetic, really pathetic, why I am making such a big deal out of it.
Mood is not as bad as it was, but worse than it had been for about a month. Not sure what to think anymore. Surely the medication wouldn't work for a while then start to wear off? It would just either work or not work, right? Hopefully I'm overthinking this and it's just not a great week or it's just guilt from being so pathetically lazy. Sorry, this is a pathetic post, just a bit confused right now.
I am on my way to failing my modules, which means failing my degree, which means failing my life.

I feel so abandoned by everyone right now it's actually insane.

Christ, I've been penting up about a week'sworth of tears and it's all coming out after just typing that load of ****.
Original post by isawsparks89
I am on my way to failing my modules, which means failing my degree, which means failing my life.

Christ, I've been penting up about a week'sworth of tears and it's all coming out after just typing that load of ****.

Me too. In fact I'm pretty certain I've failed second year already and that's without the results of my finals for first semester :sad:
Original post by rmhumphries

:eek: What time did you go to bed?
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I always say the wrong ****ing thing. I've been having a few really good days up until just now. :cry:

:console: I'm sure it's not as big a deal as it seems.

Original post by isawsparks89

:console: Same really.
What's up? People been ignoring you, or just feel alone?

Spoiler

Sounds good, hope you get some yummy things.
Weird, could you close the curtains if he's freaking you out?

Just went on facebook and saw that teacher comment on a friends post. Brought up some unpleasent feelings. He commented that he agreed that people that make accounts for their pets should be shot, maybe he didn't reply to me because my profile picture is my rabbit?? Or probably just because he thinks I'm a freak. Tempted to comment on the post as well so he sees it, something crazy! Nah, I won't. God this pathetic, really pathetic, why I am making such a big deal out of it.
Mood is not as bad as it was, but worse than it had been for about a month. Not sure what to think anymore. Surely the medication wouldn't work for a while then start to wear off? It would just either work or not work, right? Hopefully I'm overthinking this and it's just not a great week or it's just guilt from being so pathetically lazy. Sorry, this is a pathetic post, just a bit confused right now.

I should have probably mentioned he was a workman, not just a random man :tongue: It's dark now and I think he's gone.

If he didn't reply to you because of that than I don't think he's really worth worrying about. Why would somebody ignore somebody because of that? You could comment on the post in you liked, at least he will then have to acknowledge you. I have no idea how your medication, or any medication, works really so I'm not in much of a position to say. I do hope you feel better soon though :hugs:

Hope bits of that were somewhat useful, I'm the worlds worst person at giving advice.
:eek: What time did you go to bed?

About 4:30am. Really need to get my sleep patterns sorted...
All CS people (or people who know C), could anyone help me with a C related problem (silly hash tables...) ? A pint at the next meet should be enough incentive :tongue:
Reply 57
Does it count toward your mark?
When is your appointment?
Really good call to see the doctor then, don't want things to continue to get worse. :hugs:

Yes it does, it's one of the key modules. I've had long enough to do it, no excuses.

The appointment's Tuesday. In the morning :eek: I can generally get up when I have somewhere to be though.

I think my biggest worry is that there actually isn't anything wrong with me and this is me. I'm not as bad as other people either, I've never wanted to end it all.
Original post by rmhumphries

I got up then too! :five:

Original post by fire2burn
Going to dust off the treadmill put QI on the tv and do some running later me thinks :smile:

Might as well get some use out of it having spent money on it all those months ago :tongue: I have so much junk cluttering the place up, stuff I buy but never use. Like dvds and games, I have hundreds of them yet I've probably only watched/played around half of them. Need to try and regain some focus, at the moment I don't even get a quarter of a way through a game before I get bored of it and shove it in the bottom of my cupboard. Just have no patience for anything any more.

:nah: What you should do is get your computer, put it behind the treadmill and put all videos of running cheetahs and angry mobs on, then you can occasionally glance behind you and pretend you're running from them.
Original post by superwolf

:nah: What you should do is get your computer, put it behind the treadmill and put all videos of running cheetahs and angry mobs on, then you can occasionally glance behind you and pretend you're running from them.

I like your thinking... perhaps put Dawn of the Dead on and pretend I'm fleeing hordes of zombies :beard:

Latest