The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Starting at Queen's Campus this October. Lets connect.

I've just received my offer for Applied Psychology at Queens, just wondering if anyone else is going to Queens and what course everyone's doing?! :smile:
I'm dreading getting there and not knowing anyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will be going there, Accounting and Finance. Which college did you choose?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Stephenson! :smile: I wasn't really sure but i just didn't like the idea of john snows formals. Where did you choose? :smile: xx
Reply 3
I've applied there for accounting & finance, hoping to get in :biggrin:
Reply 4
I have stephenson too, accounting and finance :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by amz163
I have stephenson too, accounting and finance :smile:

same here :smile:
I got assigned john snow :s-smilie: (accounting and finance)
i didnt know there were different colleges in queens.
It's too late to change now, right?
(edited 12 years ago)
I'll be going there for Strategic Marketing. Haven't selected my college yet but leaning towards Stephenson! Cant wait! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by soldiersixteen

It's worth asking, you might be able to if you do it early enough! xx
Original post by abbie!
It's worth asking, you might be able to if you do it early enough! xx

I'll write them an email. should i email durhams admissions dep or john snow college?
What should i write?

thanks
Reply 10
I'll write them an email. should i email durhams admissions dep or john snow college?
What should i write?

thanks

I'm not too sure. Personally i would write to both just to make sure someone defiantly gets it. Just say how you're not sure which college you would like to attend, and would it be possible to change at a later date? That's the sort of thing i'd put :smile: x
Reply 11

did you choose stephenson when you apply through UCAS?
Original post by Gigi Lu
did you choose stephenson when you apply through UCAS?

nope
Reply 13
nope

probably that's the reason then
Original post by abbie!
I've just received my offer for Applied Psychology at Queens, just wondering if anyone else is going to Queens and what course everyone's doing?! :smile:
I'm dreading getting there and not knowing anyone!

Everyone feels like that when they first get to uni, so I wouldn't worry about that, you'll be surprised how quickly you make friends, I've been here for four months, but it feels like I've known people forever :smile:

If the idea of wearing a gown at formal dining puts you off, I'd choose Stephenson, otherwise there isn't a lot that seperates the two colleges. (I'm currently a John Snow myself, and I can tell you now it's not that bad)
Just to add to the above, I'm a first yr Biomed. at John Snow, and even though it is a more traditional college, gowns are only compulsory on three occasions in your first year. If you include all the optional formal dinners, you'll need your gown a maximum of 5 times during your entire first year.
Original post by Seasick Steve
Just to add to the above, I'm a first yr Biomed. at John Snow, and even though it is a more traditional college, gowns are only compulsory on three occasions in your first year. If you include all the optional formal dinners, you'll need your gown a maximum of 5 times during your entire first year.

It appears you're in the same class as me :P Oh and there's also a sainsury's local right outside our halls, makes a huge difference if you cba to cook and just want a pot noodle/ready meal.
Original post by OsmosisJones
It appears you're in the same class as me :P Oh and there's also a sainsury's local right outside our halls, makes a huge difference if you cba to cook and just want a pot noodle/ready meal.

It's also closer to Stockton town centre (just a quick walk over the bridge), where there's more pound shops and bargains than you can shake a stick at.
Hi all. I will be starting the MSc Strategic Marketing course this fall at the Queen's Campus. Looking to connect with people who might be starting the same course (or any, at Queens) then. Send me a shout!
Original post by bilalsiddiqui
Hi all. I will be starting the MSc Strategic Marketing course this fall at the Queen's Campus. Looking to connect with people who might be starting the same course (or any, at Queens) then. Send me a shout!

hey! i'll be starting in October at Queens Campus! :smile: but my course is primary education- nice to meet you! xx

Quick Reply

Latest