The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nice to see everyone's had a productive day... :tongue:

I spent mine clearing crap out of my room!
Reply 41
Original post by IlexAquifolium
I used a slightly different image because I could get it in hi res, which works better for clone brushing:

I'll give the other one a go in a minute, though :smile:

This is great. Unfortunately I am out of rep for the day so can't add to the pos reps.

Maybe a few GOGstars could replace Mark Hamill et al?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sj27
This is great. Unfortunately I am out of rep for the day so can't add to the pos reps.

That's not a bad idea :beard:
PRSOM. :frown:
Original post by sj27

Yes!
sj27: YAY for your daughter being home :woo: :awesome: :woo:

Craggy: If I can somehow churn out relatively long essays, I'm sure you will be fine! :hugs:

the_alba: Great stuff about your fiancé! Keeping my fingers crossed for him :smile:
I used a slightly different image because I could get it in hi res, which works better for clone brushing:

I'll give the other one a go in a minute, though :smile:

PRSOM :biggrin: nice work! Where did you find the star wars font?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by sj27

Haha. That is exactly what I was thinking too!
Original post by Craghyrax
Yes!

Doing it now. I can't find an exact font match which is very traumatic for a typography nerd.
Reply 49
Doing it now. I can't find an exact font match which is very traumatic for a typography nerd.

There's no rush - as long as you manage to find it before the Return of the GOG...:wink:

I feel your pain. I'm a massive typography nerd too. I judge people who use comic sans in a non-educational context.
Reply 51
Original post by scarlet ibis
I feel your pain. I'm a massive typography nerd too. I judge people who use comic sans in a non-educational context.

Meaning that in an educational context you don't judge them? Why not?:confused: It's such a dumb font...
Reply 52
Original post by hobnob
Meaning that in an educational context you don't judge them? Why not?:confused: It's such a dumb font...

It's fine for what it was designed for: text for comics...
Reply 53
Calibri all the way.
Reply 54
Original post by Cirsium
It's fine for what it was designed for: text for comics...

That's not an educational context, though, is it?
Original post by hobnob

It was also partly designed to help kids learn to handwrite. I only found this recently, but when teaching primary, you have to be careful not to confuse kids when they are learning to write. Comic Sans has 'correctly' drawn letters. The lowercase letters a, k, and g in typefaces are often differently formed to the way we write them, so don't help when learning to write. If you choose comic Sans as a teacher, in the context of teaching kids to write, only then will I reserve my judgement! There are actually plenty of other 'correctly' formed fonts like Century Gothic and Lucida but CS is the obvious, although lazy choice.
(edited 12 years ago)
Here you go. Credits in order of top posters in last thread, with one exception: I swapped with TLG so she gets the music credits :wink:
I swapped with TLG so she gets the music credits :wink:

:gah: :woo: :cool:

PRSOM :frown:

:danceboy:
Reply 58
Here you go. Credits in order of top posters in last thread, with one exception: I swapped with TLG so she gets the music credits :wink:

Wasn't the_alba among the top posters as well, though?
Edit: Ah, just spotted her. Silly me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 59
I just tried to edit it into the initial post, but I couldn't find a way of making the image show up in a sensible size.:frown: