The Student Room Group

Is microwaving or using a communal kitchen tap at 5am a reason for complaint?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arcadian-archangel
I have made a doctor's appointment btw anyway, as obviously this is not good long term...just not liking the idea of sleeping pills:s-smilie:

Yeah sounds good.

Rereading my post this morning I realise I contradict myself quite a lot, what I failed to say that I meant to is that your flatmate is being unreasonable in complaining in this way, at the end of the day you have a right to use the kitchen whenever you want, and I don't begrudge my housemates this.

The stuff I suggested is mainly just to help relations between you and your flatmates, as I know it can be pretty difficult living with people on a completely different bodyclock to yours.
Reply 21
Move the microwave outside her bedroom door, and keep doing it all night until she breaks. People like that deserve no mercy.
I agree with people who are saying that, as you pay for it, you should be able to use the kitchen whenever you want. But looking at it from her point of view, she also has a right to sleep in her room whenever she wants. Although it does seem like she's exaggerating if she's saying "all night" when it's really not.

Maybe talk to her and agree to compromise?
Reply 23
I would say if she's not using earplugs that she's being unreasonable. I live next to the kitchen in my flat and it is really annoying when people leave the microwave on for ages then leave it so it pings every few seconds, but I can't exactly say to someone that they're not allowed to eat :/ She just needs to be more tolerant, really- as long as you're doing you best not to wake everyone up, then don't be worried.

Quick Reply

Latest