The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4800
My team seems to really struggle against the 4-4-2 :beard:
Having welbeck back after recovering from a leg break out 4-5 months. Has had 3 substitute apperances looking to regain match fitness, placed him in the reserve match against stoke. Fractured skull out 2 - 3 months...... :frown:
Original post by IanLim93
Having welbeck back after recovering from a leg break out 4-5 months. Has had 3 substitute apperances looking to regain match fitness, placed him in the reserve match against stoke. Fractured skull out 2 - 3 months...... :frown:

There's your answer to why that happened.
Original post by Llamageddon
I believe I might have finally found a striker who can score. This guys form is unbelievable with 22 goals in 17 league games. I just hope he's not another promising youngster that flatlines because if he gets better he'll be incredible.

:dice: :dice:
I wish I had a striker like that.
Reply 4804
Never seen that before :beard:
Original post by Mess.
Never seen that before :beard:

I have seen that far too much on my game

Happened to me on FM 11, happened a few times with one club kept me in the championship forever
Reply 4806
And that's that, Blue Square South won with 5 games to spare =]
(edited 12 years ago)
Beastiest of comebacks :sexface:
Nice to have a weekend where i can do nothing but play FM :biggrin:
Original post by jam277
There's your answer to why that happened.

i knw but still so frustrating :/
I don't get this. I have consistently performed well in the league (7th, 7th, 6th), won the league cup and am currently top of the league with Everton (though probably won't stay there, I am at least likely to get a champions league position) and the board are giving me 40/100 for club stature.

Less debt, european football and silverware + solid league performances is... worse than they expected?
Reply 4811
Probably the single best performance I've seen from one of my teams:
Original post by Llamageddon
I don't get this. I have consistently performed well in the league (7th, 7th, 6th), won the league cup and am currently top of the league with Everton (though probably won't stay there, I am at least likely to get a champions league position) and the board are giving me 40/100 for club stature.

Less debt, european football and silverware + solid league performances is... worse than they expected?

I know, my wage structure and budget has been superb, free transfers of promising youngsters and using your youth system is the way forward(I have too many midfielders now). Speaking of that, I might need to sell gavranovic, his wages are too high and he's been doing a didier drogba of late. I got him for free though and i'm playing him out of position, but when in his preferred position, he still bottles chances. Him and necid are going because they take up 80k in wages and I only use AM's and no strikers in my formation, I'm keeping borini in case I need a striker and it should be fine hopefully since I have other players who can play ST.
Update on my game.
Beat barca 3-0 in first leg of spanish cup :smug:, was so jammy and fluky it was disgusting. I scored from 1 counter attack, 1 attack and one class free kick from griezmann. I had 30% possession and barca had 10-7 shots against me. Tiago illori is now wanted by all the top clubs, I could get 20 million for him, but I don't want to buy players and illori and demidov make a lethal partnership. Martinez hasn't developed as much as i'd hoped so I might have to sell even though he's homegrown or use as backup, callens is doing good and could get to demidov's level however.

Romario is doing his thing, and my two 19 and 20 yr old regen left backs with 4.5 potential are doing pretty well at the moment but my regen right back who's challenging romario is injured atm. I also have a potential world player of the year in my squad at AM. I think i've spent 20million overall on my game, the wage budget control over the past 5 years and the players i've sold (making a 5 million profit on a player I got for free) has made up for it. I need to sell buonannotte as well, he was my replacement winger, but I have bannan and buonannotte's too injury prone.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just restarted with Liverpool (who ive given £200m :colondollar:) and ive signed Sakho, Hummels, Vrsaljko, M'Vila, Eriksen, Hazard, Shaqiri, Muniain, Neymar and Gotze. Spent the whole transfer budget and then some. Now owe £1.9m per month for the next 48 months. :colondollar:

Will keep you guys updated on how this super team evolves though. :coma:
Reply 4815
Hey guys I have a few questions and any answers would be greatly appreciated;

Do you all play the game properly? Im carlisle (like I am on every manager game) and in previous manager games, if say, its the last few games and i need to win them to go up, I will cheat, by reloading the game until im promoted, however I havent on this save. But my question is, do you all do this? or do you prefer it to be realistic? The reason i used to do it was because I think otherwise, its a whole season and hours of my time wasted.

My next question is; I know you can get a player to concentrate on one skill, does this effect his other skills then? like if i said "concentrate on dribbling" would his finishing skill fall?

Another question; Every manager game, when they give the monthly fees etc. Im always losing money - it doesnt seem to effect me in anyway, but i was wondering, if im careful with my money and this changes to im gaining money, do i get more money for transfers or does the club itself become richer?

Another question; at the start of the season you can set how much your players get if they win a cup/league. Surely if you pick the highest one they will be more motivated, if so, why doesnt everyone just chose the highest one?

I thats all the questions i had about the game that i can remember. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Reply 4816
Original post by Lewis43
Do you all play the game properly? Im carlisle (like I am on every manager game) and in previous manager games, if say, its the last few games and i need to win them to go up, I will cheat, by reloading the game until im promoted, however I havent on this save. But my question is, do you all do this? or do you prefer it to be realistic? The reason i used to do it was because I think otherwise, its a whole season and hours of my time wasted.Yes. I occasionally reload if I cocked up somewhere and didn't realise until it was too late (normally this stems from me just lazily asking the assistant to pick the match squad and then I don't double-check it and see that he's stuck a striker on the right wing or put a central midfielder as a left-back or something like that, when I have perfectly acceptable backups to go in those positions) but aside from that I just take losses as they come.

My next question is; I know you can get a player to concentrate on one skill, does this effect his other skills then? like if i said "concentrate on dribbling" would his finishing skill fall?
No

Another question; Every manager game, when they give the monthly fees etc. Im always losing money - it doesnt seem to effect me in anyway, but i was wondering, if im careful with my money and this changes to im gaining money, do i get more money for transfers or does the club itself become richer?
Depends on the chairman (whose stats are hidden). In my last FM11 game I started one season with around £150k in the bank and was given a transfer budget of £10k (or thereabouts...10% or less, anyway), and due to good cup runs I ended the season with £650k in the bank. Right at the end of the season, the chairman sold the club, and the new owner gave me a transfer budget of £680k for the new season (which was all of what I had in the bank and a little extra)

Another question; at the start of the season you can set how much your players get if they win a cup/league. Surely if you pick the highest one they will be more motivated, if so, why doesnt everyone just chose the highest one?
The obvious financial implications come into it, and only certain individuals (particularly those who are ambitious, from my observations) are noticeably motivated by it. If your team doesn't fit the mould, why waste the money? :p: I typically give them a high bonus for one (normally cups in lower league games and league when I'm higher up) and leave any others as normal.
Reply 4817
Original post by Lewis43
Hey guys I have a few questions and any answers would be greatly appreciated;

Do you all play the game properly? Im carlisle (like I am on every manager game) and in previous manager games, if say, its the last few games and i need to win them to go up, I will cheat, by reloading the game until im promoted, however I havent on this save. But my question is, do you all do this? or do you prefer it to be realistic? The reason i used to do it was because I think otherwise, its a whole season and hours of my time wasted.

I'm guilty of having done this a couple of times. :colondollar: But I certainly wouldn't advocate it, and don't do it when in a fit state of mind (I only do it when I'm extremely frustrated etc).

I don't think there'd be that kind of an effect, but I'm not sure. :dontknow:

The club becomes richer (as in there's no guarantee your transfer budget will increase) but generally when a club becomes (substantially) richer, they'll increase your transfer-budget/wage-cap. :yep:

Because it would be in the interests of the club to be financially prudent? :tongue:
I haven't raged quit and restarted on FM12 :proud: I did towards the end of my last FM11 save but I found it much more motivating to play if I took losses as they came.
Reply 4819
Original post by Champagne Supernova
I haven't raged quit and restarted on FM12 :proud: I did towards the end of my last FM11 save but I found it much more motivating to play if I took losses as they came.

Agreed. I haven't done it recently either, despite being very tempted to do well in a title-defending season (limping along in 3rd as a result, but oh well). :biggrin:

Latest