The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nice draw. Easy win. 2-0 Boro.
Original post by Rock Fan
Huddersfield held, so Wednesday could leap above them if they beat MK Dons on Tuesday, will be going to that game with my other half. Couple shocks in the FA Cup as well, Crawley and Brighton. Shame Blackpool scored late against Sheffield Wednesday, Kevin Phillips of all people.

I thought it made the day bearable. :wink: :biggrin:
Original post by ipswichblade

Ha it might for Blades fans :tongue:
Reply 6723

Well, you Blades must take what you can!
Reply 6724
Yes, we always bottle it in big games sadly...doesn't matter what form we have had going into the play offs. Always will I suppose! :rolleyes:

Surely we must be the only team to lose playoff finals at the Old Wembley, New Wembley and Millenium Stadum....I've wasted too much money.
Original post by original_username
**** draw. Chelsea away, quarters 3 years on the bounce just wasn't to be :frown:

Anything is possible with David Luiz in their back line.
Ha it might for Blades fans :tongue:

It did....just. :wink:
Original post by cloop
Well, you Blades must take what you can!

Indeed. :biggrin:
Original post by Dimyan
Surely we must be the only team to lose playoff finals at the Old Wembley, New Wembley and Millenium Stadum....I've wasted too much money.

Probably! :redface:
Reply 6729
This season is terrible, nothing has gone right. Please just end and bring on League One.
Original post by DJB_1990
This season is terrible, nothing has gone right. Please just end and bring on League One.

I really thought Deano was gonna turn them around.
Reply 6731
I really thought Deano was gonna turn them around.

He's made us tough to beat at home but we're still dire away. Unlike some I actually quite like him and can't fault him too much as he was thrust into a difficult job. Even Mourinho would have a job on here! The sacking of the much admired SO'D and the new transfer policy brought to the club by Willie McKay has split the fanbase and has made it difficult for Deano to win the fans over because he was part of the package.

Last week 2 key directors left the club who usually cover our multimillion pound annual losses. John Ryan has been left on his own and no one knows how bad the club's financial situation will be. Now it seems that Sharp is going to Southampton for a joke figure of £1.8m (damn release clause). We have nobody else who scores so it will be a miracle if we stay up. It's probably too late to bring a replacement in even if we could afford it.

Also El-Hadji Diouf's contract expires tomorrow although he may sign an extension now if Sharp goes. He is our only other consistent performer so to lose him and Sharp would be a disaster.
Reply 6732
I'm still waiting for Billy Sharp to return to United for the 100th time, would actually fit in this time with a half decent manager. Blackwellllll outtttt
Reply 6733
Sharp has gone then. :frown:
Sharp has gone then. :frown:

Nail in your relegation coffin that is unfortunately.

We play the saints on Saturday too, damn!
Honourable mention for Brentford after a very good home win on Saturday, especially after their questionable home form all season...? :colondollar:

Exactly how I felt last season from Christmas onwards! :redface:
signed Wes Morgan from Notts Forest.

Strange, decent enough player, but we've got enough CB's as it is, what we need is wingers.
Ugh, Leeds have pinched Adam Smith (Tottenham loanee) from us. :mad: He was doing really well for us as well. :frown:
Scott Rendell to the Yellows. Not sure really what to make of the loan signing. Rumours that we're about to sign Mark Wilson who's been released by Donny. Anyone know much about him?

Edit: Now signed him, anyone know anything about him?
(edited 12 years ago)