Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Charity thread

Announcements Posted on
The Careers section needs more moderators! 21-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not seen one of these properly here. I can't be the only one that works in this sector?

I personally work in homeless hostels and support drug users, alcoholics, homeless, mental health, young homeless with independent living, support, housing, benefits, employment, and averting people from committing offences.

I'm looking to do an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social care, anyone know how much this costs? I can't get it for free because of my degree unfortunately but its holding me back from applying for £25k+ jobs. Google has resulted in **** all.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should contact your local college and ask them, or look on their website. It will depend on whether you do full/part time as well.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm suprised your employer is not supporting you to do this qualification, as the vastest majority of people with NVQs in Direct Care have done them while an employee of a relevant organisation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where do you work at? I do Economics at Brunel and am graduating this year. Got a 5 month work exp lined up afterwards, but don't know what to do after that as my grades are quite bad :/ But I really want to get into humanitarian aid and the non-profit sector

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 6, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.