4. English Lit
Reply 203
Original post by 3ka_xo
maths
sociology
history
mechanics

Have you looked or done S1??/
Count your blessings that you're doing M1. I would rather spend 10 days doing SUVAT than spend more than 6 hours revising for Stats.
I can't express how much I dislike stats.
Does anyone else feel like this????(I bet you do)

M1>S1 anyday.
Original post by VictorDeLost

Count your blessings that you're doing M1. I would rather spend 10 days doing SUVAT than spend more than 6 hours revising for Stats.

M1>S1 anyday.

Stats = :shakecane:
Mechanics = :sexface:

M1>S1 anyday.

I'm doing both Mechanics and Statistics, and I completely agree with you. I actually enjoy doing Mechanics, but Statistics is somewhat of a chore. Particularly S1. S2 is better in my opinion.
My role model :adore:

How's it going?? (Of course it's tough)

Haha thank you! It's going really well actually, I'm loving it :smile: It is tough but as long as you enjoy your subject then it's definitely doable :biggrin: Whereabouts are you applying?
Reply 207
Original post by lilGem
General studies is compulsory :colone:

cool! :smile:
1. English lit.
2. Art History
3. Music
4. Physics
5. Chemistry (so hard. I thought physics would be harder, but... nope)

(All AS so far)
Most Chemistry
History
Maths
Least Further Maths

I'm hoping to replace FM with biology. I think chemistry at uni, although I'm starting to wish I'd had the full biology A Level so I could do marine biology. That would be a dream come true. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 210
Original post by thatitootoo
Ohh I was under the impression it became environmental studies? :redface:

it probably did, I prefer the name environmental science though :redface:
1) Biology :awesome:
2)Chemistry :smile:

3)Sociology :mad:

4) AS Mathematics :facepalm:

Absolutely love biology which is why I've applied to do it at university :smile:
Enjoy chemistry but wish I was better at it.
I really dislike my sociology teacher.
Maths was just ridiculously hard.
Reply 212
Original post by helenamm92
Haha thank you! It's going really well actually, I'm loving it :smile: It is tough but as long as you enjoy your subject then it's definitely doable :biggrin: Whereabouts are you applying?

I am not applying as I am only in my first year of sixth form. If I applied(next year), I will do lots of research and visit unis first before i make a choice.
1) Maths
2) Chemistry
3) Biology
4) Geography

Love maths and chemistry, really like Biology and dislike Geography - it is soooo dull!!
1) Chemistry
2) Biology
3) Maths

Despite chem being hard, i find it really interesting and i enjoy it.
It's still a bitch sometimes :grumble:
philosophy with teacher 1

english with teacher 1
psychology
spanish
philosophy with teacher 2
english with teacher 2

I think it depends on the teacher as much as the subject; some of my teachers are wonderful, inspiring human beings whereas I wonder how others made it through university at all.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hannah1994
1) Maths
2) Chemistry
3) Biology
4) Geography

Love maths and chemistry, really like Biology and dislike Geography - it is soooo dull!!

Doing the same as you and agree about geography, are you on Edexcel too? The edexcel spec is painfully boring :frown:
1) Maths.
2) Physics. (Enjoy it as a subject but find the exams dry as hell).
3) Geography. (Should in theory be easier than the other two, but the way its taught is a joke, and the syllabus is so dull).
What's TOK??
Yes, I've heard about SL maths. What do you guys learn exactly?? I'm guessing it's not gcse maths and since it's not HL maths it's not comparable to A-level maths(or is it?)

TOK stands for Theory of Knowledge, which all students in IB must take.It is quite philosophical, to do with ways and areas of knowledge, how we know things and that kind of stuff.

I am only half way thorugh the first year of IB, but SL maths from what I've been told is somewhere between AS and A2 level, we cover calculus, more advanced trigonometry, and other units. HL is significantly above A2 (probably between AS and A2 further maths), while Further Maths is so stupidly hard no UK university asks for it, and only about 100 people per year take it worldwide - part of this is to do with the structure - it is a standard level taken in addition to HL maths, and therefore has to be taken as a group 6 (arts or a second subject from a different group). This means that you cannot take it with a second science, and you must take a language or humanity to HL, not ideal for maths-orientated students. They are changing to a HL from next year, which should make it a bit more relevant.
In order of favourites:

1. English lit
2. French
3. ICT

And I want to study English and Japanese at uni. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest