The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to make this thread nice and early for the exam which is on Monday 11th June 2012 at 9:00am.

You can also find threads for the other Psychology AQA A topics here:
PSYA1
PSYA2
PSYA4

Thank you to Heyimdec for the PSYA4 topic! :smile:

If anyone has any revision notes uploaded and would like to share them then let me know and I'll add the links to them in this post! :smile:

And which topics are you guys doing if you already know?

I'm doing: Biological Rhythms and Sleep, Eating Behaviour and Perception. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!

I'm confused about what topics to choose :s-smilie: Well I'm being taught aggression and then if I want I can be taught eating behaviour too but then I don't know what to choose for my 3rd topic - gender, perception of cognition?! I think cognition looks the easiest but might not be as interesting. hmmm
Reply 2
I'm doing perception, aggression, sleep patterns...
Reply 3
Original post by Tpos
Hey!

I'm confused about what topics to choose :s-smilie: Well I'm being taught aggression and then if I want I can be taught eating behaviour too but then I don't know what to choose for my 3rd topic - gender, perception of cognition?! I think cognition looks the easiest but might not be as interesting. hmmm

I'm self teaching so had to pick all of mine. I went for Sleep because... I don't know really I just fancied it hehe. Um Eating Behaviour because it looked really interesting and ditto Perception. :smile: Personally I find it easier to learn things if I find them interesting so I just went for the topic that appealed the most to me. Eating and Perception were easy, it was Sleeping that I wasn't sure about but pretty sure it's the one I want to do. :smile: I'd say have a look at all of them and decide which one you like the look of and think you'll enjoy/be able to do.
Reply 4
as i am teaching myself this a level, im unsure what the protocol is? i have been given 3 topics by the course guide thing that im using but i cant say i really want to do those ones! i work better when im interested in a subject.
so i was wondering if anyone can explain? im assuming the A2 exams are quite different to the AS if you get to pick and choose etc.
is it possible that i have been advised to study the topics as they are 'more likely to come up' or whatever? sorry to sound totally clueless! any info you guys have would be much appreciated as i dont have a teacher or anyone to ask haha :smile: thanks
Reply 5
In the same position but know what I'm doing thanks to a helpful friend and teacher at my old school. xD

There are eight sections:

(a) Biological rhythms and sleep
(b) Perception
(c) Relationships
(d) Aggression
(e) Eating behaviour
(f) Gender
(g) Intelligence and learning
(h) Cognition and development

You have to study three of them. It doesn't matter which three as long as you study everything in those sections. :smile: There will be 8 questions, one on each section, and you'll just answer the 3 that you've studied.

Any more questions then feel free to ask; as I said I'm in the same situation that you are so more than happy to help. :smile:
hiya guyss, I'm doing Aggression, Cognition and Development and Eating Behaviours,
have my first essay on Monday, on psycho-social explanations for Aggression booo :frown:
Reply 7
i'm doing
Sleep
Aggression
Relationships
I would have LOVED to do eating behaviours but we aren't allowed to due to the 'sensitive nature' of the topic... eugh!
Reply 9
We're doing Relationships right now (doing gender and eating behaviours later in the year) and OMG half a year of putting up with depression and addiction is SO worth it now! Less depressing, and more interesting!
Reply 10
Original post by misslaura_bee
I would have LOVED to do eating behaviours but we aren't allowed to due to the 'sensitive nature' of the topic... eugh!

We've been given our 3 topics
But teacher said
"You do not need to do these 3 topics, if you want to self-teach other topics, your free to do so, you may find others more interesting or just easier to learn"
Original post by misslaura_bee

see I think instead of learning about the eating disorders we pick one to research out of class, which is good cause it avoids that issue
Reply 12
i really wished i had chosen pyschology instead of maths ): is psychology easy?? just asking.
Reply 13
Original post by Raj K
i really wished i had chosen pyschology instead of maths ): is psychology easy?? just asking.

I find maths easier personally, but it really depends on the person. :smile:
Reply 14
I'll be doing:
Biological rhythms and sleep
Relationships
Eating behaviour

:tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by Mmrawrr
I find maths easier personally, but it really depends on the person. :smile:

you're doing maths too? i would say psychology is way interesting though...well i cant do anything about it now ):
Reply 16
Original post by Raj K
you're doing maths too? i would say psychology is way interesting though...well i cant do anything about it now ):

Yep, I do Further Maths on top too. :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by Mmrawrr
Yep, I do Further Maths on top too. :wink:

WOW. Wish you the best of luck! (:
Reply 18
Original post by Raj K
WOW. Wish you the best of luck! (:

Aha, thanks :') Most of the course is almost over though since I just have June exams left. Best of luck with your exams. :smile:

Psychology is indeed quite interesting. :colondollar:
Reply 19
Original post by Mmrawrr
Aha, thanks :') Most of the course is almost over though since I just have June exams left. Best of luck with your exams. :smile:

Psychology is indeed quite interesting. :colondollar:

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending