The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Lunch date with my best guy friend in 20 minutes! :awesome: It's TERRIBLY freezing outside but we haven't had the chance to chat properly in ages so I'll have to suck it up!
Reply 181
It's hard to find motivation when it's only the first week back. I keep thinking I have PLENTY of time to do so much reading...but I know that the to do list is just going to pile up unless I make a start.

Plan; shower, have lunch, procrastinate, then read.
I doubt I will get everything done today.
Motivation at an all time low... I would work but I don't even know where to start....
Reply 183
Finally had a shower, gonna go pick up my coursework grades and eat I think :holmes:
Reply 184
Procrastinating by looking at random internships etc. Can first year undergrads apply for internships? I can't seem to find any. I know that is a stupid Q...I just am looking for a headstart really. At least if I can't apply for internships this year I have an idea of what is available for next year..

Also applied for a voluntary job. Figured I might as well try get some work experience doing something. It seems to have suddenly just hit me that work experience is key nowadays. I'm at that point where I have so many things that I want to do that it's just frustrating me.
Been at uni since 9am. Just going to take a small break for some TV and then back to it.
Original post by ItsRach
Procrastinating by looking at random internships etc. Can first year undergrads apply for internships? I can't seem to find any. I know that is a stupid Q...I just am looking for a headstart really. At least if I can't apply for internships this year I have an idea of what is available for next year..

Also applied for a voluntary job. Figured I might as well try get some work experience doing something. It seems to have suddenly just hit me that work experience is key nowadays. I'm at that point where I have so many things that I want to do that it's just frustrating me.

You should be able to apply for summer internships (usually about 3 months). But companies tend to have yearly application schemes (so open in September, close in January, for example). So there's not much point in starting to apply for a year long placement (I assume that's what you're talking about) well over a year in advance.
Reply 187
^ This.

The year long internships that are being advertised now have tend to have specific start dates on them of July/August/September 2012, so you couldn't apply for those as you'd still be at uni or having to go back. Some of them also state that they are for 2nd year undergrads.
Year long ones in my area have all been an gone now, ages ago.

Motivation gone after my epic stint of work last week. Done no work today. Went lectures, slept and now I'm playing rockband. I'll do a hours before work, I promise :puppyeyes:
Reply 189
I meant summer internships, not year placements. but thanks guys.
Why do I always end up doing the wrong reading. I set out with the intention of reading numerous academic books yet I just sit and read TSR!!! It's not helping arghhh
Slightly caught up on game of thrones in under a week... oh well!
Right, back from a lovely cinema/sushi trip. I will get some words done on this report.
Tetris is ruining my life, seriously. I went into town to pick up some udon noodles and pandan cake (:sogood:) and I've been back since five. ALL I have done since then is play tetris! I have TWO sets of seminar problems to do for TOMORROW AND I'M PLAYING TETRIS. WHAT IS THIS. /rage
What a mess today was. Our year got one of degree exams back, then had the marks withdrawn as apparently there was a glitch so some were wrong! I'm happy with how it ended up though - 91%!!! Apparently it puts me at top of the year, for a while anyway. So happy :biggrin:
Also happy because my flatmate bet me a week of doing the dishes/cleaning up that I couldn't finish the largest burger in Ketchup. Safe to say that he lost :lol:
Original post by siani-chan
Tetris is ruining my life, seriously. I went into town to pick up some udon noodles and pandan cake (:sogood:) and I've been back since five. ALL I have done since then is play tetris! I have TWO sets of seminar problems to do for TOMORROW AND I'M PLAYING TETRIS. WHAT IS THIS. /rage

Don't blame you, for such a simple concept it's addictive :biggrin:
My mum never used to be able to find her first mobile phone because it had Tetris on on it, meaning I was forever stealing it to play it :tongue:
I'm soooo tired. I don't remember being this sleepy at 7pm since I was about 5! Spent most of the afternoon researching for my dissertation and printing off seminar prep material. Think I might watch QI on Youtube - I feel less guilty because I feel like I'm learning lol.
Just made some goddamn delicious chilli con carne. Intended to save half for tomorrow night, but since I've had nothing all day I started eating the other half, and now have a tiny bit left for tomorrow :colonhash:

Also, why is mince like £4 from Sainsbury's for about 400g and £1.50 from Tesco for 500g? :lolwut:
Reply 198
:/ need to do work must find strength!
I have the first 100 words of this report done :biggrin: Only 1,150 to go.

Latest

Trending

Trending